Tree of Savior Forum

[DropPerKill] Drop rate system- DPK- Explained [Updated]2

Literally had someone stealing a Wizard Bracelet under my nose.

Farmed 715 kills for first DPK, went to lunch.

When i came back, did about 930 kills with no one else on my channel. Then a wild Chapplain appears, starts killing mobs out of my range and get the Bracelet…

Thx IMC, I have many hours of my life to give to others anyway.

Living just isn’t hard enough, but hey, you’re not the only one.

And what am I gonna do with this information-

Cry us a river cos’ drop stealing is possible due to a ‘working as intended’ game mechanic.

I’ve been looking for Wizard Bracelets since day 1. Got lucky and got my first one after 149 kills. Still waiting for my second one on 2000~ kills. ;;

I got my first Wizard bracelet at 690 and people kept on trying to KS me as in trying to destroy the mob I’m fighting.

DPK is a big load of (insert poop here) until an imc says yeah that shits true til then its all he says she says

Was farming “Royal Guard Pants Recipe” from Yellow Colifly at Ruklys Hall of Fame.

Here are the running kill counts:

Note: Values enclosed in parentheses are the number of kills needed to get another recipe after getting the previous one.

• 444 —> 1st drop
  • 554 (110)
  • 622 (68) --> encountered another player in the map during this time so that could be it?
  • 731 (109)

This a few days ago. I continued farming today but stopped tracking because the drop is pretty much predictable anyways (100 +/- 10).

I was mostly soloing the map in all 3 available channels, jumping from channel to channel.

1 Like

Is the yellow colifly a single mob respawn? or are there multiple respawn groups in the map? Each respawn has it’s own DPK.

The other player might’ve very easily been to blame for for that reduced killcount. He helped you lol. I doubt there was no one else in any channel, at least briefly, but there’s always a min/max variance.

Haven’t really noticed them respawn in groups, only one-by-one. Some spots, they do tend to be grouped up, but respawning at the same time, I never noticed.

Biskee, Those 100 DPK drops were shared between all 3 channels? or each channel had his own 100 dpk?

I noticed some changes but yet to test it.

Yeah, all 3 channels.

I always make sure to 100% clear the map per channel of this particular mob though I don’t go back from where I just went so the same mob could have already respawned there.

I think I still do get to kill them anyways once I get back to the same channel.

In that case, staying on 1 channel or jumping between 3 channels doesn’t matter I guess.

Respawn groups doesn’t mean they’ll respawn at the same time, just that some are usually found in different areas of the map. I’m almost positive you got KS’ed a few times there, I usually farm 1 channel until I get the first item I want, then change channel.

More often than not you’ll be able to find the same item in the other channels at a lower killcount due to passer-byers killing a few before you.

You could also get 2 from a single channel below the killcount number if there are multiple respawn groups.

These 2 points make DPK “not that bad, really”, but we don’t have all the info on mobs over lvl200lmso it’s hard to know which zones have multiple mobs or which are lumped together.

After reaching #1 in brown harugal kills by a wide margin and not getting a stropy cannon I say whatever drop system this game is using, ■■■■ it it’s awful.

2 Likes

The item database on tosbase got updated!
Now it contains the DPK values, at least for the monsters that were there during icbt:

3 Likes

this has got to be trolling at this point, right?

if you think dpk isn’t a thing, you just didn’t do any research.

Wow on Galok - 3 every 60s? Isn’t that monster part of some quest too? Gonna be a PIA considering the map is flooded with bots. This is one of the things that makes new players immediately quit.

Well, there are worse monsters, for example:

One of the many things that IMC needs to rework because some things are just plain impossible to get…

Brandish 19,000-21,000 DPK doesn’t seem remotely accurate. Not even like, outdated inaccurate, there were plenty of Brandishes floating around in beta.

It took a long time until the first one dropped in icbt2.
If I remember correctly, the guy who first found it farmed it on a bugged boss fight(?) where those monsters just kept spawning, just what I heard though, I might be mistaken.
It’s not unlikely that this one got updated but other values are still accurate and it’s more helpful than “?%”.

Anyway, I don’t want to check if that brandish value is still true or outdated, to be honest…