Tree of Savior Forum

Dragoon/Lancer Questions + Spear Throw Hidden Combo

Hello guys, I’m in the process of making a SW3->Hop3->Dragoon1->Lancer, but I stumbled upon a few questions and I hope other Lancer/Dragoon mains can help me out.

I feel like my build (currently rank 7) lacks active skills for the damage rotation, so I was considering changing SW3 to SW1->Highlander 2 for Skyliner and Moulinet, mostly. However, I can’t use Crosscut while mounted and I really need a skill to make enemies bleed so Skyliner can deal additional damage.

My first questions are:

• How does Pierce’s bleeding attribute work? Is it 10% bleed chance per hit, or is it per skill cast? I’ve never actually bothered getting Pierce before, so I have no idea.

• Same question for Serpentine’s bleed, is it per hit or per skill?

Also I have been wondering about a few other things:

• Does Initiate (Lancer’s skill) still gives block while wielding two-handed-spears? Not sure if this was a bug or actual “hidden” feature of the skill and it hasn’t ever been given much attention. I’m talking about actual block rate, not block penetration.

• Joust has very low skill %, is it even worth getting for pvm?

• I have noticed Circling (Falconer’s skill) seems to increase the damage of my Spear Throw by 2x~3x? Is this some sort of hidden interaction? Note: I asked the falconer in the video to toggle off the circling extra damage attribute. It also works with Falconer C1.

Without Circling: 4174
With Circling: 8160

Note: The third 8160 hit damage didn’t show up cause mob ran out of hp.

Gae Bulg + Circling + Spear Throw was obliterating mobs in 260 dungeon. Gae Bulg debuff doubles the amount of hits per skill and each hit seems to proc Blessing + Concentrate again…I was hitting 6 hits of 8k per spear throw and I’m using a +0 Duris Demon Pike.

1 Like

My first questions are:

1. If it like Serpentine, bleed occurs every you hits was done (no idea how it works so)

2. like 1)

Initiate make you like wearing a shield (scale with con) ,blocking aoe magic circle skills and chance to immune to some debuff.

Joust has very low skill % but have special animation.You really can done more than 2 hits from this skills depend on the locations. (like stabbing mob that near the wall make it like 2-3 times of overall hits)
is it worth? no… Crush + Quintain have more dps than this skills. [but why not let it lv1 for some sake]

Circling just make mob AOE decrease , so idk.

Gae Bulg debuff make them vulnerable to patk, so it just amp your damage 15% and divine in to 2 hits.
So Blessing + Con was enchant you every hits.

I thought spear throw + circling was a well known combo. I think shield lob gets boosted too by circling.

Hi, thanks for your answers.

Does your actual block rate affect this? For example, If I buff myself with Finestra, will it increase the block rate during Initiate? What about equipment, such as using a Virtov Plate Boots (gives +block)?

yes, Finestra just buff your block, Initiate like when you wearing a shield. so it like you can block with 2h spear.

any block rate work even if you have no block stat (it just final block rate)

want some block? looking for con stats item, or just search at tos.neet.tv

1 Like

I was working on making a spear throw build too, since I really like the AoE radius of it and thought it had some potential and can be used while mounted, is a true multi hit, and each procs on-hit effects.

I got discouraged when realizing that there is no possible way for it to reach the kind of numbers that Cassis attributed skills could, although it’d otherwise be decent if those skills weren’t so broken.

Just answering my own question in case others need information about this, Serpentine’s Attribute is per hit and not per skill cast. It’s actually reasonably easy to cause bleeding since it deals 7 hits. The bleeding damage itself is a joke, but I suppose it can be used to improve Skyliner’s damage.

Spear Throw stuff is not secred neither hidden.

Against targets with high aoe defense ratio, or just plain too many monsters on Spear Throw area, hits get spreaded over the monsters.

On normal situation, spear throw deals 3 hits, but, with AoE defense ratio, the aumont of hits decrease. Why? I don’t know.

If you reduce enemy AoE defense ratio to zero with Circling, it will make sure that Spear Throw will deal 3 hits on every monster caught on its area.

What you’re saying makes no sense. Damage clearly doubled per hit, number of hits didn’t change.

I tested this a bit more and indeed it’s a +100% damage modifier for targets under Circling.

I dont have a answer to that. But it’s very clear that, too many mobs or too much AoE Defense Ratio, Spear Throw individual hits gets reduced.

Circling increases Sapper’s Spike Shooter’s damage a lot also.

If it affects shield lob also it might affect several other ranged melee skills.