Tree of Savior Forum

Dragoon Builds?

I know Dragoon has become shiet, but idc. Any recommended builds? Is Finestra still worth it?

I wanna do something like SW3-?-?-?-Goon2. I tried the game and it’s impossible to not have PB15. lol
Would Hop3 still be the better option? How about Barb3, maybe High2-Dop? Don’t like Cata as I don’t like mounted classes.

SW3-HOP3-DRG2

I’d argue it’s the best option PVE wise. It maximizes damage through buffs/debuffs, and you do very consistent, sustained DPS. At this point I’d recommend going 1H+Shield, base damage wise you can do even more damage than a 2H Spear up until about Transcendence Stage 7, and with how broken burst classes are right now, even with a 2H Spear you won’t be shredding a boss like a Lancer or Murmillo so you might as well look to the other strengths. 2H is still perfectly viable of course.

Skill wise I suggest this:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#1111444ff.3f4a5f85.1f213f416578.1a2a4555

Pierce and Synchro Thrusting are optional, but after about 2 or 3 rotations you’ll have a few seconds of downtime so you might want to use them as filler skills, it doesn’t affect damage too much, especially if you’re not going to invest Silver in them, and with new skills on the way I doubt you’ll use them long term.

EDIT: Since the build hit 50 clicks even now, I felt that I should say that I switched Stabbing to Synchro Thrusting due to the much lower CD time, allows for more skill usage, and offers more future viability. Both are fine options, but Synchro likely deals higher overall damage, or at the very least equal.

Given the 5 OH 10 CD of [spear throw], is it still any good? In that regard is hop3 still good?

dont lose hope but let me revise it a bit.

if you want pve aoe ratio critical then sw1-pel-hop2-cor2-dg2 all pierce skills can have access to pierce debuff
if you want to be flexible pvp wise then change pel to sw2 i think its not enough though the restrain but could be useful sometimes.

when 10sec cd is up just use dragoon skills
farming 190dungeon with s3h3d2 build

You are answering a different question. I didn’t ask if [spear throw] was good with other skills. Any skill can be used like this, hell [bash] with its 3 OH and 6 CD can be used like this, but that wasn’t my question. My question was:

If you don’t know the context (seeing as I didn’t put it in here) [spear throw] is being compared to what it was, a 0 CD skill. The 2nd part was referring to staying at hop2 instead of proceeding to hop3 because of the drastic difference between the old and new [spear throw].

Spear Throw was pretty over hyped before, but even now it’s still pretty good. It’s a decent filler, and even with minimal investment you’re looking at a total of 2500%+ Skill Factor on it with a decent hitbox and AOE Ratio. Finestra on its own gives about 8% CRATE which is really decent (it totals at 365 CRATE with the level increase, meaning 24% Crit Chance), and the Block buff on it is solid, meaning you can have low CON and still benefit from Block. Spear Lunge has amazing damage and with Stabbing you’re looking at 3000%+. Hoplite allows you to keep a low amount of relevant skills, and while it could use some reworking in relation to the other classes, it does good damage and ensures future viability.

In comparison to Corsair 1, the damage is actually similar, or even Hoplite leaning, (depending on Dust Devil) especially when accounting for Corsair skills not being Pierce, Dust Devil’s weapon restrictions, and the loss of Finestra 15. Corsair will give you more skills, but that’s not particularly useful for the future when you can’t use them all because your CD will be finished.

I still recommend Hoplite 3, it’s easy to use, cheaper than the alternatives, and offers future viability. That’s not to say the other options aren’t viable, or bad, but I find Hoplite very appealing.

Oh wow, we almost have the same build, except I have my free 5 points in gae bulg, not soar. Even tho gae bulg is somewhat useless and hard to use, In guild missions It boosts the damage of everyone, thats why I go with it.

*also I have my 10 points in sw tree in restrain and not conc. Conc is very good but falls of with better weapons, restrain is nice to have while stabbing mobs.

@Artreides this build is fun to use and o.k. for bossing but keep in mind that it not the best in anything, dragoon is currently in a bad spot. It also sucks at mobbing “compared” to other classes. If you plan on pvp, go for cata3 and not hop3. If you plan on having a somewhat offtank / supporty build go for barb3 and have %100 up time serpentine. Hop3 has the most burst and damage but there are many other classes that has better burst and damage than dragoon, keep that in mind if you dont wanna get disappointed.

Tosneet has this at 200 at lv 15. I’m not even sure I want the crit. I can’t build for 50% final c.rate and I might be using a 2H spear by dragoon. Here’s the theoretical build

Sw3-Hop2-x-Goon2
DEX for [concentrate]. So why [concentrate] instead of [gung ho]? I’ll primarily be using [stabbing] and goon skills. They have a lot of hits:
[stabbing] 15
[dragoon tooth] 6
[serpentine] 7
[dragon soar] 5
I’m assuming whoever designed goon post combat changes wasn’t a ■■■■ to have made these fake multihits (can someone confirm).making [concentrate] an ok option. I’m also not planning to ■■■■ out a weapon for this since I mainly just want it for another mystic cube to roll.

That’s the advantage of Gae Bulg, but overall you’re harming your own damage so I really dislike it.

You’ll notice how I “suspiciously” have 10 points in Concentrate, that was because originally I had it in Restrain. The reality of Restrain in PVE is it sees a very limited use, while Concentrate is relevant everywhere, and will continue to scale. Either is fine, but Concentrate is much more versatile so I chose it. I’m looking at 867 Conentrate, as a full STR build, and that will only continue to increase, and over the course of complete set of skill rotations, that’s an additional 50k+ damage.

200 Finestra + Level 330 = 24% CRATE with no further investment. That’s extremely good, and you sacrifice very little to get it.

Gung Ho’s easy use, long duration, and future viability make it more appealing to me. But for Dragoons Gung Ho or Concentrate are both great options, which is why I opted for both. In my own full STR build, that will be dropping Ellaganos for Glass Moles, and continue to invest in STR and STR related gear, Gung Ho does more damage for me anyway.

Hi there. Im currently using a Dragoon, cause i love the class and i refuse to go the doppel meta.
Heres a video of me clearing crystal mine bosses, its pretty fun, can play solo, ET till F40 and moar.
You are not a uber burst damage machine like lancer or doppel but its still pretty decent.
The build is SW3>HL3>DG2, tried with HOP3 and BARB3 but i liked this more (some people like hop3 more, thats personal taste i guess, barb is fun but is too mana hungry).

How do you have the AoE to handle being a DPS in Solmiki? I’m just not seeing it in the kit.

It doesnt matter what class you choose before dragoon c2, as long as you are dragoon you dont have enough aoe for solmiki, better have a cryo chrono sitting in the back to do solmiki because they dont require investment.

hop2-dop if u r only using 2h spear

hop3 if u want to use both 1h and 2h

barb3 if u prefer those slash+buff kit over spear lunge pierce

get falcon3 friend to solve aoe problem in solmeme

We all know that dragoon dont excel at dps but still can do it. And of course you are not the main dps. But you can do it with good team.
Frost pillar all the mob and then you delete it, falc3 and you do tons of dmg.
Bosses are cake, destroy the totem, egg, crystal, multihit floors is decent.
Plus, solmiki is not all about dps, its more like controlling the objectives than killing all the mob (except the kill all the mobs floors, obviously).

Here again, as OP stated, we all know dragoon is ■■■■ and not top meta op imba char, but is still fun and decent.

How do you get 2500% with spear throw?

I was just referring to total skill factor over the course of a rotation. 166% x 3 x 5 = 2490

Okay. I’m thinking Spear Throw might still have some tricks up its sleeve.

Do you know if the bind debuff gets extended to 14s with Warcry c3? Also it makes the next hit do 10% more damage, is there any useful applications to this?

Are the three lines true multihits or fake ones? (answered this myself, they are true multihits, 1 hit crit while another two didn’t).

I can’t confirm if Bind works with Warcry but from my understanding it should.

10% on Spear Throw isn’t much damage since Spear Throw is about quantity.

I can confirm that Spear Throw does True Multihits.

Seems like Hoplite still the better choice (not really a fan of the Finestra stance look) but heck not much MMOs have spear class. Guess I’ll stop playing a while again, wait for some changes maybe before I redo my character (got it reset before the event ends). Anyway thanks for the answers.