Tree of Savior Forum

Dragoon Builds?

right now it doesn’t make sense to play dragoon when doppel is so much stronger. meta is definately dopple, wait for meta to change or change to the meta.

It’s frustrating. I made my build back in 2015 (as close as I could at the time) and I’ve wanted to play this role specifically. Rebalancing is desperately needed. Doppel, Shinobi, Murmillo, and Lancer need nerfs. Damage decreases, CD increases, slower animations, and other changes are needed to balance those classes. Right now one of the biggest problems is how burst classes work. Technically a Dragoon can out damage a Lancer overall in a fight when it comes to pure numbers, but since a Lancer can do their entire rotation in a few seconds it becomes significantly more powerful. I don’t even really want to see a Dragoon damage increase number wise, I just want cleaner rotations and the overpowered classes nerfed, because right now they’re not built for the content we have at all.

3 Likes

Really well put. Dragoons have some fluidity problems for sure, but damage wise they aren’t bad for the difficulty of current content.

Doppels are simply stupid being one of the highest damage classes for both bossing and AoEing. Shinobi-Murmillos have stupidily high and eazy to set up bursts, with sufficient AoE from clones+kunais and Murmillo’s headbut, frenzied slash and scutum. Lancer well, their single target damage has incredible burst, but at least they aren’t that good for dealing with many mobs at once. So they are in a much betetr place, balance-wise, similar to Fencers in my PoV.

Was playing a Fencer back then, I think I last played seriously was October (back in those days when we had ridiculous damage), been on and off since then. never loved the risky gameplay of Doppels, and really not a fan of shield users, so murmillo is out of my choices. too bad no axe users here, would love to have a dual wielding axe viking.

I honestly loved the class system here, so many choices and combination, but I am very disappointed how this game is turning out to be. guess I’ll have to wait or make one of my characters into a Lancer.

well since I delved into Lancers, Cata or Hop? been hearing Cata is really bad right now and the only thing I can think of why going Cata is Trot. Is it even worth it?

Cata is not in a good place right now. Hoplite’s Spear Lunge will always be relevant, it combined with the quick rotation of a Lancer means easy to use, high damage. Finestra is an amazing buff for both the CRATE and AOEAR, and the rest of Hoplite’s kit supplements Lancer’s play style. I recommend going Hoplite.

Balance wise TOS is improving, and the recent KTEST update hints at further upcoming buffs. Now that the Combat Update is out, IMC can actually begin long term balancing since it has a foundation to build upon. My primary concern is it taking too long, and them not properly nerfing the classes that need to be nerfed.

1 Like

Thanks much appreciated. Any news about the drop system? One of the main reasons I haven’t played. Getting old, can’t grind like the old days. DPK is just horrible

So for Lancer, I guess Sw3-Hop3-Goon-Lancer? Or should I throw in at least 1 Cata?

I’m not sure what you’d want to replace with Cata, it just doesn’t seem worth it.

The drop system is being converted to RNG:

Items that were DPK drop method are changed to probability drop method .

• Each time you kill an individual monster, the item is dropped according to a certain probability .
  • The probability drop method is calculated every time a monster dies, regardless of map , channel , or character .
    Ex) When a monster drops items A and B (A drop rate 50%, B drop rate 10%)
    Each time you kill a monster A, B This is calculated separately probability , the number of the case are as follows .
  • A is dropped with a 50% chance .
  • B is dropped with a 10% chance .
  • A, B , or both drop , they can not drop everything .

It was implemented in KTEST yesterday. Given how fast content is moving now, we will likely get this update soon, especially since IMC is aware of how disliked DPK is by the community. I’m really looking forward to the change even if I already crafted my Wingshard. There are many more advantages to an RNG based one than even Top Down had. I’m still in favour of RNG+DPK, but this is still an improvement and there is nothing stopping IMC from refining the system further.

I also suggest reading the entire patch notes, it’s a great update and it’s nothing but encouraging.

1 Like

get hop2 cata1

u get spear lunge from hop2, lv15 and lv10 finestra isn’t big different

hop3 is not worth for 2h spear build

playing lancer without cata is cancer when u move slower than running swordman