Tree of Savior Forum

Doubts about founders' servers (EUROPE?)

Hiya.
I just bought my founders package but I’m a bit confused about how this whole thing is going to work.
March 29 is the day the server(s) go online. They say they’ll keep adding a few in case demand is too high. Sweet, right?

Problem - Founders Package is only redeemable once (of course), so I should be very careful about what to do with it. I mean, I’ll pick a server on day one and just stick to it, but this brings me to talk about –

We have no idea whether we’re going to get a EU server or not. And since I’m from Europe, it’s kinda natural I’d like to play on a EU server, in order to avoid crippling lags. We might get one from the beginning, or we might get one after a few days/weeks. Or we might get none at all. We know nothing and IMC is not really trying to explain this kind of stuff.

Try imagining the following scenarios:

• You (EU guy) start playing in one of the available servers, which are all hypothetically located in America. You start playing, reedem your founders package, start levelling. One (or whatever the quantity) week(s) later, EU server gets released. Bang. You just wasted your founders package money and the time you spent on the american server.

• You (the same EU guy) start playing in one of the available servers, which are all hypothetically located in America. You start playing, reedem your founders package, start levelling. 29th of April comes, f2p servers get online, and IMC releases a EU server. All of your friends from EU will play on that, of course, but your characters, your founders package and your stuff will be frozen on the other server. Bang. You just wasted your founders package money and the time you spent on the american server.

• You (same guy again) think about the previous scenarios and wisely choose not to reedem your package, but start playing anyway in one of the available servers, which are all hypothetically located in America. Because that’s the main reason why you’re buying the package. Early access. You’re not going to get any benefit from the package which is just frozen there, waiting for you to reedem it. No increased movspeed, no increased exp, no increased daily dungeon runs. Then a EU server pops out. You run towards it, create a char, reedem your package. Whew, your package didn’t lose value at all. Your time did. Wasted.

• Same scenario as above, except we never get an EU server. You just reedem your package upon learning the terrible truth. Time wasn’t wasted, but has still some value lost since you could have been benefitting from your Founders Package. Ah, and you’re playing on a server which is a few dozens of thousands of kilometers away from you, so you might wanna check your ping.

• We get a EU server since the beginning and - hey - you make a character, you reedem your package, you squeeze your early access dry. On the 29th of april, all of your f2p friends are able to join you and everyone is incredibly happy. And I’d have wasted several minutes theorizing all this.

The problem is we have NO INFO about all this, and it would be lovely to hear good news on this front, considering the money I just invested in the game (and many other EU players as well).

In case anyone can answer my doubts, please do.
In case there’s no actual intel about EU servers, let’s try and raise IMC awareness. Or let’s at least try and get a server change token inside of the package (possibly denying account movements to new servers UNLESS they’re bound to a specifical region). I think that’d be fair to say the least.

Whew.

9 Likes

There is another variant (that resembles your 5th variant) and is the most probable.

There will be American(EU) server. So you start to play on American server, use your package and play with high ping. Then they release EU server and THE WHOLE SERVER is transferred here. Old server in America is used to create a new f2p American server.

But if they will be able to make EU server from the start, then I’d be super happy (and won’t be upset about 29 instead of 22 at all).

I think IMC know about the issue (they said about it in one of the announcements) and will inform us about situation about EU server before the release.

4 Likes

Yeah, I forgot to mention the possibility of a whole server migration, which would be nice.
EU server from start would be nicer indeed.

2 Likes

These are definitely concerns that IMC needs to address before Mar. 29th (the sooner the better though) if they do not want a flood of complaints from people who “wasted” their founders pack on a non-regional server.

1 Like

I agree with this. But IMC already showed that they are ready to support the community, so even if they won’t answer till March 29th, I’m pretty sure that they will grant the ability to transfer to a new EU server in some way or another.

Though I think they will answer it in a few days. And I hope 29th is a new date exactly because of EU server, because I can’t see another good reason for this.

1 Like

I do not doubt that IMC will do what is best for the players. My doubts are that IMC will fail to answer these concerns before the forums explode again :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually they made a new announcement every day, so I’m eager to hear the answe in 1 or 2 days. Anyway I’ve already bought all 3 packs, since price is soo good in my country) Won’t be bothered too much either way.

IMC refuse to answer

for simple reason

they want EU use money for the NA server right now

1 Like

Maybe the best thread so i Up !

Good thing this is being said, i hope the IMC staff will read this thread cause we all are very confused about this matter.

Me and my freinds don’t wanna waste money and time either.

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Shawn @STAFF_J @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ines

2 Likes

Agree with everything.

It’s the level of uncertainty that really kills me here as a long time fan, and it all stems from no good information. I feel like supporting IMC, but right now I feel like they are trying to bait me into buying a deal by withholding information.

You mentioned the possibility of not redeeming your package in one of your hypothetical situations, but I’m not sure that’s even possible. It’s that. We just don’t know. The amount of information even in the FAQ is underwhelming.

This was said though by a user:

I don’t know if it is true or accurate but I just don’t know. I haven’t bought any of the Founder Packs and believe me, I want to. I just don’t want to waste my time on a NA server if a EU server is planned nor do I want to even settle in one to begin with since ToS is so dependent on low pings for certain classes to even function properly.

Well written post man and I hope the developers get to see this and read it. Sums up all the problems very well in different scenarios.

@Staff_Julie @Staff_Ethan @Staff_Shawn @Staff_John @Staff_Ines @Staff_J

2 Likes

They will have to implement some sort of transfer because the entire EU server debacle is on them. Who thought it was a good idea to do an “international” release with nothing but 4 north american servers is beyond me.
Sure, enjoy your international 400 ping, because some geniuses thought that international means north america only.

Chances are that they will have to open up an eu server one way or another. When that happens, they will be sent to hell and back if there is no way for the players to transfer characters.
Losing progression, not to mention (in essence) negating founder packs ppl paid 10-50$ for… lets not even start on how this place is going to burn should it really turn out that there will be no ways to transfer. Gasoline will seem like water compared to it…

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more with this. We need to know at least the planned full server list ahead of March 29.

1 Like

Yeah, I created a topic too, but they don’t really care:

1 Like

You also misunderstood what the PM was about. It doesn’t say no EU servers, just that the founders pack is restricted to NA. It also makes it sound like there is no EU founders servers planned.

Maybe we need to PM :wink: them?

The problem is that (again) feeling pretty disgusting. It looks like that they wont say anything, cause they know that otherwise many of the Eu folks wont buy their game.

Yeah but it’s also the other way around, if they don’t say anything many people won’t buy the game. I guess they are trying to figure out which side is larger. :wink:

If you look at the Staff members page, you will notice that none of them are online to respond to this right now.

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/groups/staff/members

Just keep an eye on that page and wait until one of them comes online. There is not going to be any kind of response while the staff is offline.

Actually just found this :confused: