Tree of Savior Forum

Double EXP event bug

“Problem”

Who’s at fault? and where’s the talt announcement?

My sister actually got mad the npc ate about 20 talts.

A lot of even worse things could happen when your announcement doesn’t even show what item you have to give to get the exp.

This is no longer about doom posting, more like lies, laziness and whatsoever about IMC.

4 Likes

Agreed. I just dislike people blaming code-related people for copy-pasted announcements.

You started following trolls and “hurr durr, let’s keep 50, no one will notice” and I came to show what probably happened, thinking before writing.

I’m not going to extend this discussion, whatever. I know you’re better than that.

Problems in ToS exists, it’s nothing new, no one’s saying they’re right in copy-pasting announcements. But the problem ends there here. The intended event in-game is working currently, period.

You don’t need to morph into a machine repeating what trolls used to say and think we’re blind when we say “hey, the problem is X, not Y”.

Everyone has friends that quits or had bad experiences at one time or another. It’s just a matter of stopping, then understand the situation, then post instead of falling down to the forum troll wavelength.

I was already like that before I left, sorry to disappoint regarding that point.

IMC already made my mind with how I feel or see the game.

No one can change it besides IMC themselves. Again I already got mad with the DPK lie in my previous discussion, same here.

2 Likes

And I’m still waiting for proof that the STAFF group lied in that regard. Because they actually didn’t post about DPK by those times :woman_shrugging:

Just so you know, I consider the support team part of the staff to avoid misunderstanding, as for the post itself, I won’t search it anymore, but there are clues in the big DPK thread.

And this is another example of a perfect lie, no need to prove anything else

(they had a lot of days to change this, btw)

2 Likes

So you’re linking someone’s post in a thread to say the support team lied but without any actual quote or screenshot or anything that shows that? :woman_shrugging:

Not like it matters who is at fault here.

IMC made us think we got the nice event from last time, then we get this instead. It’s just exp, so I don’t care that much, but it’s funny eitherway.

They could atleast have changed the rest of the event page, the way it looks now is sad.

2 Likes

There was a post about it like I said, but I’m not going to dig deep on it any longer.

you can already see a simple miscommunication here regarding the event, more than enough to prove lies or further miscommunication.

Not going to force you to believe me, nothing will happen anyway.

2 Likes

Then you have nothing to claim they actually lied since the ticket answers weren’t even yours nor you know what they actually asked and if it was actually about DPK.

Sorry but that’s how it is, if you’re able to be so sure about something you for sure should have any single convincing argument. :woman_shrugging:

I can’t find any instances of staff saying DPK didn’t exist. All I can find in forums are actually STAFFs confirming the existence of DPK in those announcements back then with the interview and etc.

It was a very old post.

Again I don’t really need to prove anything further, I saw them lying, that’s all there is to it.

Believe me? okay, No? Sure.

Others saw it as well, as for the post itself, again I’m no longer going to dig it up. Hell it might have been removed already because they must be embarrassing themselves.

4 Likes

And most of time I see STAFFs actually posting on forums, if they’re unsure they make it clear that they’re unsure and will try to get more information.

If it’s about announcements, they’re not good with them, they need to improve a lot, but they always apologize about wrong information on announcements and fix them.

If the intention was to lie, they would never fix the wrong information in announcements nor in anything :woman_shrugging:

There’s something going on, either misinformation between departments or something similar.

What if you’re the one lying instead? Afaik STAFFs never removed posts where they were wrong here. They always apologized about it and corrected as far as I can remember.

Person A: “X is wrong, Y is right, I have no proof, I can’t remember why, believe me? No? Sure.”

Person B: “X is right, Y is wrong, here’s why: valid proof.”

Who’s likely to be lying? Person A or Person B? :woman_shrugging:

Have a nice weekend. Not going to extend this any more.

1 Like

Because there’s a very high probability that the person that could fix it isn’t available. They had no choice, people are ranting both in game and forum.

That’s up to you, if you believe I’m lying, I don’t even care. Fact is, I was there, and I can never forget it because I uploaded several pictures and a video about it despite my upload speed being terrible.

Again, my point in this thread is the fact that the announcement is completely wrong and full of shame, more than enough to call it a lie. I won’t even consider it a mistake.

Copy Paste or not, you placed the damn double exp picture which was very big. Then later on you decide to apologize and say 50%.

See?

apparently the picture wasn’t exactly the same either. It had a different background color.

2 Likes

And here comes the troll argument of people that have no idea how the game works nor have a single clue of how game coding works.

Events are super easy to edit. They lot of times edited events without even rebooting servers in some cases.

It’s even very same URL.

Previous week:

Current week event:

I’m going to stop here since it’s clear about who have no idea about what they’re talking about.

It’s clear it’s copy-pasted and the body of the announcement is wrong but it ends at that lol.

Easy to edit, yes. Permissions? Nope, I don’t think so.

No Idea what they’re talking about

Okay sure, go ahead.

Great announcement still IMC. Keep it up and make more people mad, lol.

Oh their first edit announcement was already more than enough to prove there’s a big miscommunication, again, they forgot about the talt part.

2 Likes

Obviously they have no permissions to change how the event is designed without asking.

They have permission for fixing real bugs. Not to change the event design due player feedback saying previous events were better.

Sure, announcement is wrong. No one’s denying that.

Thing is: It stops at that. Simple right? You don’t need to try to blame the dev team, try to talk about event design nor add any cherry to make your cake prettier and more convincing.

If you do that people gonna ask you or correct you on what you’re trying to say.

Talk about what happened and what you know. Easy right? Otherwise all you’re doing is embarrassing yourself.

Now say w/e you want, I’m done.

Exactly my point, now you get it. Hence the intended “oh so 50%”.

No, when it’s already done several times to the point where it’s making the players mad it’s not simple anymore.

2 Likes

Because the event was designed to be 50% since it was developed. The STAFFs aren’t going to edit it just because you asked.

Sorry, the world doesn’t rotate based on your own needs. Live with it.

So you’re just going to blame someone’s mother, their siblings and the entire family for problems they have nothing to do it? Nice.

Apparently, the event was designed to be 100%. Weekend double EXP. On the damn headline. False advertisement? So what made you sure that it’s actually 50%? because they apologized and said 50% on the day? Nope, IMC, not today.

3 Likes

I already said. I guess you skipped my post.

Here:

Current week’s specific text uses “Bonus EXP” instead of “Double EXP”. It’s clear that what’s intended isn’t “Double” nor “two times”.

Yes, that’s what you think happened.

But apparently, the pattern was more than enough to say it’s supposed to be doubled.

Again, the event page itself was more than enough to be a false advertisement which is apparently a type of lie.

You announce it early, hyped people, get them disappointed with changing it on the day.

2 Likes