Tree of Savior Forum

Double effort from IMC: banning once is not nearly enough!

oooh snap.

I’m actually going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say it’s a mistake, heh. I don’t like imc much honestly, but even if this was intentional, I’m choosing to believe they have their reasons. Even if we, for instance, made a giant deal out of this (which I wouldn’t really blame you guys for), I simply don’t think they can provide the wanted solution of “okay, we’ll start actually banning bots now”. I’d rather they just do damage control and move on until they can, even if all of us are going to play the fool.

With that being said, having no faith in your own company or fanbase is always not very pretty haha. It’s more or less the main reason I was so suspect of the whole launch thing.

Could it be the new ban list has different name actually, considering how the bot may just randomize and change the name at the end (which we can’t see).

It could indeed be a mistake. That I’m willing to accept.

However, my assumptions were based on the weight of evidence against it. I went to take a careful look again, and in all the previous ban reports, bans were always made alphabetically. It just so happened that May 4th was not, and Fedimian was reused in a different order.

So it does drive home some suspicion of mine since there is no reason why they would suddenly jumble up the order, unless it’s to hide something.

But nevertheless, I’m actually more interested in how they are going to handle this matter. As Darumy said,

Though I hope they will give an honest and sincere apology, and let this be a lesson for them to be more transparent in future.

Lets wait for their answer. But i am personally need a very solid reasons for this.

1 Like

“Jumbled” order could be explained that original report lists are stored in a more logical for system order: chronologically. Then “in a state of utter exhaustion@STAFF_Ethan mistakenly pulls wrong report and posts on forum forgetting to sort it alphabetically (human-friendly order list) before copy/pasting.

That is probably what happened there, but the most obvious explanation is usually the least interesting one, right?

2 Likes

3HWj** could be 3HWjaa, 3HWjab, 3HWjac, 3HWjad, 3HWjae, 3HWjaf, seriously there are thousands of combinations…

Makes sense. I didn’t think of it as jumbled as the default, rather than alphabetical as the default.

I will just say this because it seem no one cogitated it, i am not taking sides here, but you have to at least see both sides of the coin.

But do you really think that the bot owners or gold sellers would simple make new names manually? Do you people, by experiencing it in game, noticed how many bots we bump per day?

Of course you will see some of the same names, if not all the same names in there, they are generated by a software and just copy and past work.

You going to tell me that it is impossible to a bot software or a software to do that and i will answer you.

It is not impossible and anyone can do it with a little knowledge of how to use a more complet auto clicker.

I used once a long time (put long time on that one) on another game to train skills while in my house (in game):

• One macro to use the skill i wanted.
  • Other to make the char sit to recover stamina.
  • Other to remove and put a ring with HP+ on so the HP bar would show some empty space (the skill leveling require that it is needed HP replenished to count as use and give XP).

The macro of ring was using the mouse cursor, you could set coordinates of the screen position on the auto clicker i used to do that.

I will create another scenario here, one more, how can i say, surreal?

These guys (GS and botters) run a business as large as one can imagine (not hard to figure that out with the amount of time wasted during the setting up of the bots and the ban wave).

So it would not be surprise that they have employed a bunch of “slaves” to do the tedious work (after training then well) and put then to work on that, they likely to have a notepad with the names list there, so they just go on a copy and past wave while creating all the bots and setting them up to run.

Well, i just wanted to point that out, well stuff like this is bound to come out to light in the most funny ways (i mean the true value of the ban wave threads).

in any case, why would IMC not want to ban bots?
I mean they should be more interested than us, the players to do so since they are the ones losing (more) money.
granted, I don’t understand why there are still so many bots and I’ve never seen a game with so many but it would make no sense for them not to care at all…

In fact if IMC launch f2p they will ban bots for real. Most likely bots are the reason why f2p gets delayed every time. Because IMC profits from bot accounts (If they ban bots immediately goldsellers won’t buy extra accounts, if they wait for accounts to pay off then goldsellers will buy extra). If game goes f2p the income from bot accounts will be cut off and there will be no reason for covering them.

Well, thanks for pointing out obvious things, but thats not the case here.

Or rather it might be the case but chances of that a happening are very very slim.

Why the chances are very slim? Do you really think a GS or bot owner would sit his ass the whole day in front of a computer doing tedious work if he can contract people to do it for him?

Well, i will leave you to your own devices.

And as i said, i am not taking sides, i just pointed out something that wasn’t cogitated.

It is very easy to come throw rocks and sticks to someone under this kind of situation without even paying attention to the real problem.

This seems like a bait thread but I will bite. Are the other servers for other days the same names too? Otherwise this is just an error and like I said drama bait.

Considering the OP of this thread and the fact @Zipzo is posting here I think it’s obvious bait.

Hello everyone,

Apologies for the duplicate team names in today’s announcement regarding banned accounts.

There was a bit of a mistake while creating the list and some team names got added in from yesterday’s list as well. I have since removed the duplicate names from today’s list.

We’ll make sure to recheck the lists thoroughly before uploading them in the future to avoid any confusion it may cause.

6 Likes

One of those lists is ordered, the other is not. It takes like a second to put a list in alphabetical order, and a second to forget it.

If they really wanted to fool everyone, they could have used fake names. The names are all gibberish. They could have easily generated 200 fake names with 2 characters censored out of them. Not only would no one even bother checking, but it would be (nearly) impossible due to the censorship.

Exactly this.

Actually there are 1296, but yes, it is still a lot of options.

It’s probably in chronological order by default. That would appear as ‘jumbled’ to us though, since they don’t show the time of bans.

It just seems unlikely that if they wanted to trick us, they would use such an easily caught method.

@STAFF_Ethan

We desperately need an answer on what mods can be used. Many threads have been made over the past couple of weeks, but we haven’t gotten any answers. I know this is off topic, but it is a fairly pressing issue that could be solved with very quick answers from you guys.

1 Like

Well, with the new updated list i kind of understand why someone might have wanted to make it look more … substantial.

What you mean?

[Klaipeda] (1 bot banned)
bot tgjhn**

maybe that bot is the mother of all the bots :see_no_evil:

1 Like

you cant ban much bots when server was on 24-hour maintenance. Orsha as well.

3 Likes

I Think you are considering only alpha-numerical characters, but there are other languages which you can use letters/symbols on your teamname, like korean :smiley:

I dont think any of the english gold sellers use korean names, im just pointing out that really there are thousands of combinations.

No there aren’t. It’s alphanumeric only.