Tree of Savior Forum

Don't reset accounts after beta test

It’s what a beta is. To test things out and discover bugs so devs can flesh out the game even more. Hence the exp increase and what not.

1 Like

What proofs do you have for this statement?

In other words, you think you’re entitled to keep your progress because YOU got a key and put time into the game, like everyone else…? LOL, no. This discussion is pointless, your argument is weak, everyone in the thread already disagrees with you.

This is a beta test have many bugs, bugs can benefit players with exp or itens and when the open beta realease probably this kind of bugs will be correted. So the beta tester would have an unfair advantage!
The exp and drop ratio have a large bonus in beta, itens exclusive for beta, like the skills and atributes reset.
I think the IMC games would not give these advantages to the beta player as reward.

This type of players should not be playing in CBT phase. They go full retard mode everytime.

2 Likes

So? I didn’t see anything there.

This is clearly about weekly updates, new contents, not rates.

So what? If they said korean rates are not the final version rates, then your post will make sense. Otherwise, nope.

its normal for closed betas to be wiped.open betas dont tend to be wiped but closed almost always are

Just my 2 cents:
I do not agree that the game should be wiped between betas, it really makes no sense. But it should obviously be wiped before release. Of-course it depends what the devs want from beta, and if they want to mostly test the starting area and classes, but that again makes not much sense. I believe beta should be used to test all aspects of the game, but the biggest advantage devs can get from a wider audience, beta provides, is stress testing the system and test “border cases”, as a bigger audience is more likley to randomly produce some weird state that might brake the game. And if that is the actual purpose of the beta, than it really makes no sense to reset, because less people will want to rerun the initial part of the game so many times, the ‘higher level’ aspects of the game will be tested very little so the overall advantage devs could get from the beta is simply reduced. And who cares if balance was broken at early betas, or something silly like that. Its beta anyway, it will get wiped before the release. So I really see no valid reason whatsoever to wipe each CBT.

EDIT: the only valid reason I see for the data to be wiped, is that the devs are actually “lazy” to do data migration, since they are still developing the game and the data model might change between betas. It is way easier to just wipe every time than actually migrate old data to new data. But I think that is also bad, because they could use this betas to “practice” game updates, see if they can make major updates, with data migration before production. But maybe we are still so far from release, that all this does not yet matter, and we will see a couple of more CBTs and a long running OBT. In that case all this wipes kind of make sense, but this makes me slightly annoyed as I do not want to wait for another year for this game :stuck_out_tongue:

We are leveling faster than official. We can revive and buy resets at will. There are many bugs and some people may be abusing them still. It’s just not going to happen. You should have thought about this before registering for a beta.

2 Likes

You should have used your brain before asking for something so 12yo child.

Not everyone is boot licker with no life. If you don’t have something useful to say you might want to STFU and don’t comment.

What about to test the economy? If everyone starts at the same place, people will QQ everytime price nerfs/buffs happen(refine/recipe/item nerfs that happened few days ago). If that happened from the get go,everyone would have to accept it and play accordingly(focus more in party play instead of soloing with 1000 pots bc you money is actually scarce)

…it is shame that you got the beta key…

4 Likes

People be thinking they already playing the game as it was release lmao

1 Like

Asking for them to keep the progress is non-sense.

Allowing us to keep our team names would be pretty sweet, though. ‘-’

It’s a beta. A full wipe is what you signed up for.

You should remember it is a Beta test… you must play to test the game, give oppinion and build a better game…
It is not time to grid to be end game character.
You could test another classes
I desire a reset xD

can’t believe i’m reading this …

Me and you both, lol. People keep forgetting what the purpose of a beta testing is.