Tree of Savior Forum

Don't remove magic scrolls

Case in point: The cries of “BARB OP” back in early stage of icbt2.
Which died off as people realize “oh wait, it scales like crap” as they get higher.

Now Barb is considered a ‘bad’ choice for Swordsman class…

1 Like

The RNG on them is fine. Headgear is potentially an item you will never replace and you can have it at level 1. So when you get perfect stats on it, you have BiS. You are done with that item… forever…(barring better Magic Scrolls)

They just need more accessibility. Scrolls being a chance to drop in your limited dungeon runs per day is an issue.
If you want to restrict it to a set amount of Magic Scrolls per day for free players, then make it guaranteed through certain tasks.
Like daily quests.:middle_finger::poop::thumbsdown:

Items with 1% or .1% or ,01% are supposed to be farmed. You can’t farm for these scrolls with dungeon lockout.

I like this idea right here. I wouldn’t mind them being easier to obtain at all.

The problem is you will actually want to replace it often, if you even want to buy new headgears from the shop.

And currently it forces you to use all 3 types of headgear with best attributes.

So if it was less RNG with only 1 headgear active, you could easily swap a headgear, paying a little more for stats (3 magic scrolls = 3 not randomd stats with random values). You will need to place only 1 headgear instead of 3. And stat bonus won’t be that high because it will be only 3 stats but not 9. So everyone will be happy.

Also the chanse should be at least 1%. So you can get ~1 stat on headgear per 20 days.

So…what is their actual drop rate? One guy says around 20 or 30%, other people say that it is lower than 1%. Do we have any concrete data about them?
I mean…if they’re common enough, but just timegated, it’s a thing. You may need time, but you can still have some decent headgear with them. And scrolls in the shop would end up being more of a convenience item.
If they’re made extremely rare on purpose it is different, though, and it would fall heavily into p2w category. As you can’t realistically bridge the gap in that case, since they’re rare and dungeons are timegated anyway.
Sure, you may still be able to buy the byproduct (headgear) in the auction house, but that just means somebody else spent the money in your stead, not that it wouldn’t be p2w.

There’s this topic in case you missed it:

Basically it’s a suggestion about changing the magic scrolls and not removing it entirely. So if you don’t mind changes to it maybe you’d be happy with this idea and if so why not support it.

Alchemist is crafter class and you also can enchant with it: http://www.tosbase.com/game/classes/Alchemist/ and check what skill it have: http://www.tosbase.com/database/skills/21007/ So team work will reward you :slight_smile:
Note: For free

I’ll just link this to my original post. The whole point of the original post for me was to just have a voice in the “dont remove magic scrolls” people.

It’s not 20 or 30% for sure. It’s most probably less then 1%. Usually you get 1 per 300 dungeons or more.

If it was 20 or 30%(to have MS as addition to your drop) there would be no problem.

You know, you can’t enhanse headgear with it.

thats true mother of dragons

yet i dislike the fact of rng and im afraid like some other may be that this is not the top of it - that stats dont impact end game by far is one of the reasons why other things might be included in future (hi-magic scrolls) wich give 3 times the stats and etc - all in all rng is simply bad - not for their business but for ones own pocket

pay 15$ - get a hat you want with the desired stats you want = happy customer and as new headgears are being released theres always a reason to buy more of them and stay happy

if i pay 200$ to get garbage i wont be a happy customer…sure i payed 200$ but i wouldn spend anymore on rng (might even give up at 100 or less) - thats my personal view each and everyone could act different

1 Like

Who knows if you can do it in iTOS ? :wink:

I do not think this argument works. As long as people continue buying magic scrolls, why would IMC implement something more powerful? Reasonably, IMC would only implement something more powerful if players have already reached “maximum power level”.

I think this would lead to problems. If you can get BiS for $15, where is the incentive to keep buying more hats that IMC releases? IMC may need to start releasing stronger and stronger hats to keep people buying (I realize that “cosmetic only” shops do work for a lot of games, but IMC doesn’t look like it will be going down that route).

If they change it so I can get the same stats as MS scrolls give, then no problem here. But that’s the point of the discussion.

If they change MS system in some way to make it less p2w, it will solve all the problems.

Okay good then lets begging begin lol
Could OP change title to “Please make Alchemists Item Awakening exactly like Magic Scroll” ? rofl

I mean it was meaningless argument.

Right now Magic Scrolls on kToS are a problem.

If they somehow solve the problem, then it’s fine.

But solving it after the game release might be difficult, because people will start to buy those scrolls, so removing/changing them won’t be possible.

That’s why we are trying to figure out a way how to make both sides satisfied, changing MS system so it won’t harm free players later on but help paying players early on a bit.

I’ve made some suggestions that may be a good solution.

So instead of protecting current system you better look at those suggestions and try to say why they are bad. If you have no valid arguments, then why you even talking?

But they can modify Alchemist skill still because it is rank 6 class :wink:

I’m sure they won’t modify classes to interact with cash shop.

So you can forget about your assumptions.

Really? It seems more like the lack of PVE content late game is more of a problem than magic scrolls tbqph famalam smh.

It’s not the only problem though.