Tree of Savior Forum

Does it gunpowder? Thoughts on a possible new class/theory class

So I am relatively new to the fanbase of ToS, but me being me I’ve been thinking of what they could expand on. One idea was the “Rifleman”, the “Grenadier”, and the “Siegemaster”. They are mostly based on powder-based weapons, fighting as a kind of mix of the Archer and the Swordsman.

For example, the Rifleman uses his rifle with a bayonet, so he can melee as a spear. However, he can switch his stance in order to fight as a ranged character, switching a few skills around. For example, in the melee stance, he could have a kind of knock-back or stun, then switch to have a critical shot or an armor piercing shot. He would be relatively simple, but effective from both long-range and close.

Now, with the Grenadier, I was thinking more area-damage. Think like a regular alchemist in most games, tossing out different kind of explosives for different effects. One ability I kind of want to see on him would be something like Entrenchment, which limits your movement to the trench, but gives a lot of defense to allies in the party and increased defense from AoE damage.

Siegemaster is a little bit of a weird one… they are extremely weak and not very good at straight combat, but they can construct and fire a cannon/mortar/hwacha to fight from a distance. They aren’t designed to be on the front lines, but more so to rain pain on enemies from afar, and would be lethal against bosses.

Leme know what you guys think!

Its pretty much ‘musketeer’ class is assumed somewhere along the silhoute of the class pictures which is holding a rifle.

in GE, IMC had the characters equipped with rifles (some w/bayonets), cannons, pistols, shotguns, and anti-material steampunk rifle.

also rifles are confirmed weapons. the question is which officialy class wields them.

and S.Reiters class already wield pistols.

As @Karjalainen said, it’s most definitely Musketeer. The items are already in the game. Additionally, for some previous discussion on the class and two other unannounced classes, take a look at this thread.

Also, your skill idea for Rifleman (Musketeer) is basically an illegal archer build. You get Archer’s Heavy Shot for knockback, then use Ranger’s Critical Shot for crits. However, like I said, this is impossible due to Heavy Shot being a Circle 2 Archer skill, while Ranger is a Rank 2 class :((

Thanks for the info! I love gun wielding classes and didn’t know one was already sort of available.I also like the Alchemist and Archer classes! So hard to choose…

I had the thoughts on that and I’ve been editing it as I go along. This was a really rushed post, and I’m sorry about it, but I had to head to work before I could really put thought into what I wanted to say. I was mostly trying to make the Rifleman like a class that works as a hybrid, melee with the bayonet and having to reload the rifle for a short cooldown but a lot more damage. Really sorry, I was just rushed for time…

I knew that the S. Reitter used pistols, and that’s kind of what inspired the idea for the Rifleman. Didn’t know about the Musketeer though. With Riflemen I was going for a hybrid more or less.

Dude, no worries - don’t be so hard on yourself <3

Honestly, a melee / ranged hybrid is quite possible with the new 2h staff mechanics.

as IMC is following their model from GE, the Muskteer will most likely follow the same skill sets.

one of these most likely

1 high damage to airborne enemies
2 ‘covering fire’ rapid firing AoE skill
3 flashbang or smokescreen
4 sniper shot - very long cast time high damage skill
5 bayonet attack - pushback enemies that get close
6 crit buff or enemy defense debuff

Panzer is army class. So maybe u can build tanks or something like that lol. I really hope panzer class can use bazooka.

Thanks mate… I just like inventing things.

What did you think of the Siegemaster? That one is my favorite of creations… Very defensive build and weak in combat, but with range and a good team they can wreck face.

1. Thankfully, all ranged physical see to have this bonus (piercing)
  2. SR kinda has something like this, but something with a more designated AoE would be cooler / less broken
  3. Rogue has this covered
  4. That would be awesome. We need another ranged nuker.
  5. Very useful, and likely with new wiz mechanics
  6. Ranger has crit attacks, but a party buff would be cool with a supporty build - maybe one that picks up Quarrel Shooter for some cool duck and cover stuff

Of the few routes they could go, I hope they either go supporty or slow / sniper nuker.

@williamkieranhughes Yeah man, I’d love to have a class like that. In a class idea thread, I had a similar idea:

I’d also like to see a cannon class. A heavy nuking archer class with very little movement but high AoE and damage. Sets up a canon as an interact-object and has to load, clean, slowly move, etc.

I feel like it’d be really fun to have a class like that and also fairly fitting for the lore of the game. Super party dependent, but really high damage and area :>

Awesome! I’m still working on my full theory-class, and I’ll try and have it up in a little while.