Tree of Savior Forum

[Discussion] Retiarius - Q&A on PVP & PVE builds, gearing, skills and strategies šŸŽ£

@Sandu ret c3 is great. you even get 3 second silence on enemy when you use pull rete so clerics canā€™t instantly counter you by using safety zone / golden bell etc. itā€™s a tough call - you do seem to lose a lot without ret 3, but templar 2ā€™s shield charger is incredible defense on a con build. iā€™ve been messing around with templar 2 > ret 2 and itā€™s solid. the only issue i was having was people surviving my trident finish burst, but umbro thrust has fixed that entirely. the playstyle might irritate your opponent thoughā€¦ youā€™re basically biding your time by running around with battle orders, using slithering to avoid magic, etc, until your combo is ready. can also run at full speed with peltā€™s shield charge if you have battle orders up, which lets you very easily push druids out of their poxy grass patches.

I canā€™t lie to you - not having reti3 is a huge loss in pvp viability. The silence on pull rete pretty much guarantees you will get off your Trident Finisher without issue.

It will take more effort and tact to make Reti2 work, since you will have to bait out or counter Safety Zones, Teleports, basically any reactionary cooldown.

I chose Murm1 for the additional survival and status resists, as well as giving me the ability to tank bosses with additional threat from butterfly and umbo thrust.

Yes, it is a remarkable loss, with Reti C3 you can basically be greedy and kill as much as you want, with C2 you have to be creative ā€¦ the cooldown of kino teleport is small and when it comes to a kino3-shadow it is impossible to catch itā€¦
Few can disrupt a Reti C3 to finalize your combo (PD3 beak mask, Subzero Shield and the anti silence card http://www.tosbase.com/database/items/644046/ - which is getting very famous in Silute -), but the combo of the C2 Reti is easily disrupted by any class basically having a CC, even fencers can disarm a retC2 :frowning:
Im think about just add Shield Push in my combo and wait for itā€¦

@steeple1989
Yeah i will test today and will post here my impressions.

1 Like

Hot damn - forgot about shadowgaler card. Nice catch I might use those.

2 Likes

We are here to share information!
60% in TOS calc = 99.9%! Hahaha

Another TIP:
New library accessories + wherewolf card = never be blocked again.

1 Like

Might still use 3x werewolfs and nematomas set on my swordie - but itll be good for my pvp clerics.

How do you guys distribute skill points for a PVP Shield Ret3?

Should Vital P. be maxed (crit immunity seems good on paper)?

Should Disarm be maxed (damage increment per level is pretty good and longer debuff duration is always better)?

Unfortunately doing either or both leaves me very few points for the net skills. I take it I should invest as much skill points as possible in Pull Rete? Lv.1 Throw Rete?

depends on your taste, if your build is made for TBL you do not need to spend as many points on the net.
As my build is GTW I maximize one and leave another level 8 (1 point on disarm and 1 point on vital)

1 Like

I leave Vital at 1 and only use if I am in danger of dying

Disarm is max - the duration increase is invaluable to continuing the pressure on high block opponents.

I have lvl 10 Throw Rete and lvl 4 pull rete - but I am Rete2 so you would need to expand on this for Rete3, probably to 15 throw and keep pull at 4.

1 Like

Thanks. Is Pull Reteā€™s CD fixed at 25s now or is it still higher than that and can be reduced per skill level?

Yes. In fact it is a good to go lvl 1 skill for lvl 3 debuffing. For PVE purposes, it depends what suits your play style.

1 Like

Ah thanks man. /20charssssssssssssssss

Speaking of which ā€¦ Has the duration of the rete skills been updated to you? I tested it and here it is still as it was before ā€¦ only the CD was updated.
Anyone else noticed that?

omfg i forgot about these too, ret c3 silence is so dam annoying.
I was fighting funeral_parlour last night lol iā€™m going to get some of these right away holy crap

Hi guys -

If anyone can, Iā€™d like some critique on my PVP Ret3 build below:

Sw1 Pel3 Hop3 Ret3

I wanted this to be a build that centers around dishing as much damage as possible with Pierce skills regardless of gear (letā€™s say I have access to any gear within the game) while balancing it with some survivality against physical attacks mostly (I understand heavy magic damage and CC will still wreck me). I got Hop3 primarily for the 3rd circle ā€œbonus against mediumā€ attribute.

My concerns are:

1.) Pel3 - where else should I spend my extra points? Unless Iā€™m at least Murm1 the damage of other skills based on my experience are too trivial to even include in my rotation. Butterfly animation is too long for its damage, while Langort and Shield Lob are pretty bad IMO. I could take 1 in Rim Blow for a little knockback utility but knockdown skills like Bash, Umbo Blow and Long Stride are still better.

2.) Hop3 - is Synchro worth even a point for a non-Murm build, or should I just use that point to add on Pierce?

3.) Ret3 - Iā€™m still undecided regarding the distribution of points between Pull Rete and Throw Rete. I want this char to be relevant in both small scale (TBL) and big scale (Gem Feud, GvG) fights. Thoughts?

Appreciate any help on this. :bowing_man:

@Remiri @Sandu in terms of survivality, which do you think would fair better - Sword3 Pel3 X Ret3 or Sw1 Pel3 Hop3 Ret3? TIA

I deslike HOP3, the passive damage seemed a little insufficient for 3 spent circles, I have tested a lot and the 20% do not even seem to apply in some situations (can you please add more data here? will be nice if you test it out here too) and Spear lunge does not work with rete buffs ā€¦ my only caveat is the passive surevictory and finestra, but rodelero is much better, more survival, cc and debuffs.

1. Pelta3 - Umbro Trust is the key of this build, my pelta3 skills are same as here: http://tos-th.com/skill-simulator.html#11333.254555.113f4f6a84

2. Synchro seems to be useless in a no-murm build.

3. you can put 5 and 5 in both net skills.

In terms of survivality SW3 is better because of perma pain barrier, but is not like you will be dead easily with guardian up full time.

1 Like

Thank you. Iā€™m still trying to get familiar with Rodelero so Iā€™m more biased with Hop.

I see how Rod has a number of CCs and debuff skills, but Iā€™m worried about how it fairs going against classes with debuff immunities. For example, what skills can a Rod use against a player with debuff immunity on? What about against players with heavy CCs?

Also like Pel, I understand this class only shines DPS-wise with Murm, but I might be wrong.

Iā€™m looking to try both builds this weekend, but would like to know more about Rod as itā€™s the Sword class I barely have any experience playing with along with Lancer.

Some skills are unstoppable like shield shove / montano (even with bloodleting or some anti cc you can not stop them), others with CC nvl 2 as shield push (they are only stopped by bloodletting or beakmask) and other CC nvl1 (they are stopped by dispeller and phrophecy).

Today i will test more HOP variations for gvg:
http://tos-th.com/skill-simulator.html#1133444ggii.254555.153a4a65.1f3f5a7164.1a215a7495.1a284a5171

1 Like

Was shield shoving changed? Before even prophecy would deny it since it was rank1.

@ZeroFoxGiven : Pelt3 is pretty bad without Murmillo in the build, also no sw3 means you will be abused by wizards earthquake and debuffs.

Pelt2 is fine enough for Guardian - you can use the rank you free up to get rodel1 instead which is very versatile for PVP.

Max long stride for PVP and keep your weight up to maximize its damage, it will be your most used Hoplite skill in a pvp setting. Pierce and Synchro are pretty meh for pvp.

Take points out of dagger guard and finisher for a shield build IMO. If you are using finesta15 you want your shield up at all times since your evasion will be 0. You can put them in pull rete if you are concerned about the target count.

2 Likes

We are both wrong, is a lvl 2 CC now: https://tos.neet.tv/misc/buffs/252