Tree of Savior Forum

[Discussion] Retiarius - Q&A on PVP & PVE builds, gearing, skills and strategies šŸŽ£

Blandir attb means you use it first or last in skill rotation?

I want to use a build for gvg content, im in doubt about TemplarC2-RetiC2 or TemplarC1-RetiC3ā€¦ Blandir is the main reason to keep C3, is too good. x(

Iā€™m wondering what would be best for a bulk pvp (gtw for example):

Sw1-Pelta2-Hop3-Templar1-RetiC3
Sw1-Pelta2-Rod2-Cors1-Templar1-Retic3

1. Hoplite has more damage (25% on passive), Stabbing that serves as damage filler and Finestra that ignores comments.
  2. Rod2-Corsair1 has more CC and slithering that ignores magical damage

@Sandu itā€™s a tough call. templar 2ā€™s shield charger is incredibly strong with a full con build. think of it like a swordsman version of ein sof. but you have to sacrifice ret c3 which has 3second silence debuff when you use nets (the main draw of ret 3 imo). interested to know what you decide. iā€™d suggest trying templar 2 > ret 2 with full con and testing shield charger to see what itā€™s all about.

Temp1 is pretty bad for anything - reason you go Templar is for the buff share/forge/shield charger in circle2 so that is pretty much a hard requirement.

Templar1 is for moving around the maps and recall for you party members, for me is a great filler on gtw.

@steeple1989
I will test today but i have another doubt: Sw1-Pelta2-Rod2-Cors1-Templar2-Retic2 or Sw1-Pelta3-Rod2-Templar2-Retic2

@Sandu if your aim is p v p then corsair feels like a must have on this. you can pull rete > iron hook combo. retiarius at c2 is missing the rete attribute to silence enemy with pull rete, so you need a way to disable their skill use after using your net. iron hook is perfect for this. easily grab them with pull rete and then iron hook them instantly to disable them for 9 seconds. i kind of like hoplite2>corsair1 for this. your damage comes from trident finish, and having access to spear lunge at hoplite 2 is great. can pull rete > iron hook > disarm > spear lunge > trident finish x3 > umbo blow (to smack them off the screen with knockback attribute if your combo didnā€™t finish them).

Yes, but umbo trusth is a godly skill, removes 30% of defense? (idk how).
iron hook is nerfed on 100% pvpā€™s stances to 4 sec duration onlyā€¦ i really dont feelā€™s like is needed for a retiarius but is a very strong choice, no doubt about that.
Spear Linge do not stack with rete atribute already tested it and dosent work at allā€¦ sadly.
I like hop3 because of 25% attack on medium type (works on pvp) and Sure Victory atributeā€¦
My combo will be Rete+pot>Shild Push(Silence and -10% Defense)>Disarm(-25% Defense)> Trident finish x3ā€¦ if i feels like the guy gonna tank i can put umbo trusth (-30%(?) Defense) after disarm and GG.

@Sandu ah i didnā€™t know that spear lunge didnā€™t stack in any way with the bonus from the nets. that does sort of make hop2 look a lot less good. edit: skill description for umbo thrust says may negate armor defense of enemies. is the -30% defense not random? and if it is, what % chance is it do reduce their defense by 30%?

really dont know, @Remiri - san, do you know what kind of effect is this? and applys 100% of time? just random? remove 100% of defense? 30%? @__@

The armor break is not a 100% proc but it is pretty darn high - I donā€™t have the hard data but it rarely fails to armor break.

1 Like

and remove 30% of defense?

Iā€™m not a code cruncher - but based on the numbers I pull off on my Reti, yes it is around 30%.

@Sandu just wondering but where are you getting your info from? you said that shield push silences the enemy and reduces their defense by 10%ā€¦ but shield push doesnā€™t silence the enemy ā€“ and itā€™s not -10% defense, itā€™s -15%. the skill that silences is shield shoving.

Maybe he leveled it to 10, its 1% per skill level.

When I tested it in a duel I believe it was 50%, but maybe its not the same in pve, I donā€™t know.

https://tos.neet.tv/misc/buffs/196

As you can see, shield push give the ā€œunbalanced statusā€ and unbalanced silences a enemy as you can see on ā€œIgnoreGroup: Silenceā€, you never used this? is pretty nice because its inutilize a enemy for 10 sec. (and oracle/dispeller cannot block, because is a nvl2 cc)
Well, im rod 2ā€¦ XD

I tested the damage of the pelta3-rod2 and hop3 builds on a guy with avarage defenses (12k):

Sw1-Pelta2->Hop3->X->Reti3:

Rete+Disarm+Trident
No Crit = 20-25k
Crit = 55-60k

Sw1-Pelta3->Rod2->X->Reti3:

Rete+Disarm+Umbo Trust+Trident
No Crit = 45-50k
Crit = 110-115k

Yes, the diference is huge, umbo trust is a godly skill but sadly is a CC nvl1 (i guess. never tested).

2 Likes

@Sandu wow i had no clue that unbalanced was also a silence. i was under the impression that it just gave you a chance to knock down the enemy with any attack for those 10 seconds. iā€™ve not messed with rods before, really. and yes i was testing umbo thrust last night too, and the difference is indeed staggering ā€“ to the point that iā€™d never again consider playing retiarius without it. umbo thrust was also massively boosting trident finish in the 370 hunting ground, so even if i went with a pve ret build iā€™d still keep pelt 3.

Swapped out Corsair1 for Rodel1 to take advantage of Shield Charge - Montano - Shield Push - Shield Shoving

Iron Hook has lost most of its luster through nerf after nerf. It is no longer good for pvp Retiarius.

• You have to land it
  • Nerfed to ~4sec max
  • Can be resisted like other status effects
  • Diminishing Returns on your rete skills, so it actually nerfs your control

Build is now sw3 - pelt3 - rodel1 - reti2 - murm1

Retiarius C3 is not a very big loss?
Silence leaves the class with very few counters (like pd3), Blandir Candena is a really strong skill - and it gets stronger if used in the rete debuff - along with becoming a FF hard counter and still winning more damage in the trident finisherā€¦ In fact Iā€™m begging you to show me that I can play with retiarius c2 without worries, since I want to finish my build as templar C2 - Retiarius C2.

@steeple1989
Cause silence, ease the knock down and take 10% of the defense in only one skill? Yes, itā€™s very good! And the best: The level of CC is 02: Only bloodletting, beak mask or Charm can avoid it.

Today I will test Sw1-Pelta3-Rod2-Templar2-Retic2ā€¦

With this build the gameplay is a bit different, I can not be too greedy, I have to choose targets that I can actually kill while I help the team with CC / ShieldCharge.
It shines a lot in bigger pvpā€™s like GTW, I hope I can play again soon.