Tree of Savior Forum

[Discussion] Leticia's cubes; Pro's and Con's

Sure, sorry for saying it in a generic way then! I’ll report them to you if they’re still doing it after the resets. o/

I still hope IMC stops the AFK farming and etc.

About topic, sorry for derailing, I have mixed opinions about Leticias cubes, there are pros and cons. My ultimate opinion would be that more like I don’t agree with it and don’t want.

But as bad as it can seem to be if you have deeper knowledge of the state of the game you can see it have good pros, more than cons to be honest.

The only thing I’ll limit myself to say is that you can find “smart” reasons (cash grabbing being one of them) for implementing it now instead of any time before.

Just to give a highlight, the only “real problematic” (“p2win” stuff) there are the gem abrasives. Other than that everything is already being obtainable or having new ways to obtain introduced in the game.

1 Like

It won’t kill the game, it just reduce the population and kill the community. Every other f2p mmo with such p2w mechanics always end up the same way. Too many examples already.

2 Likes

I mean, we have plenty of examples saying otherwise as well. It’s a matter of opinion. So long as content can also be readily obtained without the need of those mechanics and the in-game feels rewarding which – news flash: it doesnt – we can valdiate it.

So the core issues, which I talked about up there, need to be addressed.

1 Like

“IMC this is bullshit I spend 100 dollars on your game and got level 2 fuking cards!!! I’m level 330 WTF CAN I DO WITH THESE CARDS? I Want a refund!”

give me the report and ill warn them and TRY to stop them. (and i will not kick them even if the disobey just saying it now)
(really, i warned everyone more than a few times. i bash auto farm whenever i have a chance, ask any of our discord members who uses voice chat.)

reporting them to IMC will teach them a good lesson

you decide

agree on gem abrasives.

fk gem abrasives too i guess.

1 Like

I think that it’s best it came out now than four months ago. Had this come out four months ago, I’d be completely against it. I still refer a lot to my prior points on the degradation of the game. The current state requires overhaul because of the investments it takes to gear characters without making this a second 9-5.

The end is near, as ragnarok :frowning:

1 Like

Why would you want to give them money for circumventing a frustrating and not fun game aspect they deliberately designed to be frustrating and not fun for the player in the first place?
It’s their fault, but instead of fixing the problem they created they cash in on it. Why would you want to support that?

2 Likes

i dont think people will really leave though, most people ive met with and play with kinda looked at the cube and went “thats neat i might buy 1 or two to test my chances” none of them really seemed to care all that much. plus the really high end stuff is at such a low drop rate that the amount of cash you spend on trying to roll it could be better spent on tokens.

Btw i cant wait for the threads that start with “IMC WTF? I BOUGHT 400 CUBES AND NOT A SINGLE PRACTICUM?!! GG I QUIT SCAM GAME!”

Its not really circumventing considering the incredibly low drop rates of those items from the cubes. I dont think many people will buy these cubes in the first place honestly. and in the end the impact on the players will be tiny at best. because people will spend $800 worth of tp on cubes and end up with 1 diamond anvil and several exp cards.

guys. look at the other 3%s too. practonium is not the only problem. the Lvl10 Gem abrasive is a concern as well. i heard the lvl 10 abrasive gives like 1m exp. so that means we gonna be having lvl 10 Gems in game. That will set the p2w even higher.
Imagine someone having 3 lvl10 Green Gems… that’s 110 crit rate each. soo that’s easily 330 crit rate from weapon sockets alone.

Lvl10 red gems give +580 max attack.
look here:
http://wiki.tosbase.com/wiki/Gems

so yeah, practonium is not the only issue. its the lvl 10 gem abrasives as well.

2 Likes

Gem Abrasives are an issue I agree.

More so for PvP than PvE. Content with PvE doesn’t require it.

1 Like

lv 10 gem abrasive can only lv up to lv8, lv 10 pbbly need more than 2

yeah. but what’s stopping them from getting more?

“I’m personally glad that they chose a route that conveniences all players while bringing down the cost of ridiculous materials and gated content”

While I do agree that bringing down the cost and making some of these materials more available to players will be a good things, especially for new players who haven’t had the last 6 months to run saalus every day.
I have to say that if that was their intended purpose of this cube then why not make those things more readily available in game through events or quests, why put them in a gacha cube.
This seems nothing more than a shameless cash grab by IMC I’m afraid.

But where this idea even came from that Practonium is a hard to get item? Mats are way more rare and difficul to obtain though.
You can easily level up to 317 now. Leveling is so casual and fast now, that it’s not even an issue. Make more chars, have more boxex. Then just open them once a day and pray for your luck - its not time consuming at all.

But yeah, cube sucks. It should be an event cube and like 1 per team, not for TP.
Nevertheless I will buy tons of 'em D: Why? Because IMC gives such an opportunity. RIP.

there’s a video on the other thread. someone opened 800 cubes and only got 2 pracs

It not the very same Leti cube though. Cant be sure it had the same 3% on Practo.

One cube is only 10 TP my boy, 8000 TP is easily what a whale will put down.

You fail to see that he got an absolute gigantic ton of other expensive stuff too and most likely just the abrasives alone will net him more silver than the practoniums.

Level 10 gems are no joke, especially since they will scale with gear too. Those will put a giant unreachable gab between a normal token buying player, and a giant whale. Not that there hasn’t already been a giant gab, IMC is just widening it even further.

I agree that IMC loves to trick whales a lot with the Gacha, and that is their goal, but seriously even with these low odds you’re still guaranteed to walk away with so many valuables whales will defend it.

It’s bad enough we have to deal with mult-account bee botters, but now even Pay To Win Warriors to boot?

1 Like

Normal token buying player already buys his token from the “whale”.
He’ll buy the level 8/9/10 gem from him too.
Except there won’t be many because trash chance of getting it.