Tree of Savior Forum

[Discussion] About "Z-bots"

Wow, now you are even openly supporting botting. You know there’s a good reason why botting is illegal in nearly every single online game.

What makes you say that? I can tell the difference between a mountain and a rock you know, and so should you.

Now who can’t form a counter argument? :slight_smile:

Your supreme level of incompetence on what it takes to make coding changes.

I am not going to explain to you why using third party software to gain unfair advantage in a game is against the terms of service. …Except I just did, so you are welcome.

You have been claiming I’m wrong about this for the past 4 posts, and yet you still haven’t come up with a single reason of why, except things unrelated to programming. If you actually have anything sensible to say, then say it. Don’t just make up empty contradictions.

When key pressed set key.pressed = true;

When key released set key.pressed = false;

while key.pressed == true {
start animation
tell server animation started
listen for what the server says you hit
display damage done to targets at appropriate animation step
finish animation
};

That’s basically how we wrote the code for the last game I worked on. Removing continuous auto attacking would be an involved process in such a system, as the while loop would need to be taken apart and rebuilt in the event code, which is probably in another file, and might even be overseen by another programmer/team.
The fact that you can do things like jump cancel animation means the code is much more complex than this.

Or you could cheat and add an escape to that while loop. A stupid fix like that would have had really nasty consequences later on, if you hadn’t planned to handle things like that.

All you would have to do is to set key.pressed to false at the end of the loop, no? That shouldn’t be any different from simply releasing the key at any given moment. Unless of course key.pressed is used later on, in which case you would have to set it to false at the point where it is polled instead.

Just a reminder that we’re here to discuss Z-bots by the way. This side track that is getting way out of topic, and there’s no real point in arguing so much about something that is frankly irrelevant.

Take a more general look at the loop, that chain can easily apply to any action and probably does so by getting called with a bunch of modifiers. Unless you have a damn good idea of every situation that function gets called in, changing it is a really risky move.
Though at least one developer is willing to take those risks, as evidenced by the recent giant unexplained overhaul of channeled skills.

but yes, side track.

Zed farming is a way for a player to progress, however slowly, while not playing the game.

People have opinions.

I think afk farming should be restrained in some way simply because such players inconvenience players who are actually present.
I just can’t think of a better way to do it than the ‘captcha every so often’ system.

1 Like

Dude i just tried auto attack afking for a bit in the popular places, Mausoleum/Dina bee farm/Shaton Farm… and holy crap its bad LOL.
Is there any other places i forgot?

Mausoleum you want to stand on top of the pillar but you cant loot or gain silver. You gain about 3 kills every 30 seconds. 0 risk of dying so i guess its for exp only.
Dina bee farm you have a high risk of dying since attacking a bee can chain other bees. If the other chained bee comes from a different angle where your auto attack (75 degree arc?) doesn’t register then you’re pretty much boned. If you park yourself with your back behind a wall you will get 3-5 initial kill and then literally 1-2 kill per 2-5 minutes lol. I gained roughly 30-100 silver per kill.
Shaton farm has the same issue as Dina Bee farm.

Yeah i dont see why afk auto attacking is a big problem in the future.

Perhaps i should try Kepa afk farm? Give me some ideas and areas to try please!

EDIT: I also tried afk auto attack farming in pretty much all 175+ maps… Nope doesn’t work!

That’s no true.

I remember when AFKemists were able to do satanic sorcery via LUA scripting. They were basically official bots, attacking, using potions and even speaking alone. But Gravity limited some LUA stuff, and gave Mercenaries to everyone… Making the game even more broken, yes, but broken for everyone, not just non-AFKemists. :grin:

Humanoid Companions are coming to ToS, brace yourselves. (As Archer Mercenaries from RO, and Temple Shooter from ToS I bet my pants that Archer Companions will be popular.)

AFK farming will earn you around 150k per day at most. Honestly, AFK farming outside big red kepa at high level area won’t even earn you more money. I tried at least AFK farming from level 1 area to level 160 area. I’m not really sure if the higher level area can be AFK farmed even at level 200.

Yep that is it, that is the only reason. Ragial was against Terms as well, and guess what the GMs did with that.

Blind AND incompetent.

I don’t think bot programs should be allowed. I’m just drawing a comparison between the game allowing some classes to be allowed to “play offline” while others cannot.

Mercs were great, it made leveling support classes tolerable. Id say that is a win.

I might have a solution, might not.

The current system let you lock/select target enemy automatically, remove this.

The change would be to make ranged classes using the tab button (by default) to target an enemy first. Otherwise if you press Z without pushing the tab button first (selecting enemy) your attack will just go to your front. This would make pressing Z only capable on hitting enemy that’s right in front of you.

Problem solved?

Have any of you guys considered that people can and will create multiple accounts to do it?

If I have to create multiple account to do it, there is better way to earn money than just afk farming.

Then please give an example. [quote=“Mirarara, post:57, topic:121453, full:true”] An argument without proof is just nothing. [/quote]

I already gave in previous post. Find it.

Edit: It was even a reply to you. This proved that you don’t even read our reply and just proceed with your own argument.

I assume this is what you are refering to:

The problem is that it doesn’t explain anything. Please point out where you mentioned anything about a better method of gaining money using multiple accounts. And explain why logging out in legwyn is a better way to gain money than afk-farming, according to you.

I know perfectly well what you wrote. You don’t seem to know what you are writing yourself on the other hand. Unless there’s some kind of hidden message in your comment that only you can read.

You can do both…

You can only have your character doing one of them. Seriously though, go try and AFK farm, compare it to Legwyn, you will stop AFK farm pretty soon.

Legwyn event pretty much give you 200k per member of party if you timed it. If you decide to open up 5 computers and AFK farm, the effort you took to maintain them is actually far more than just simple farming.

You can argue that you go between AFK farm and do the event, but I would say that’s too much effort. Many felt that AFK farm is cheating because it took next to no effort, if I have to use this much energy for such a small amount of money, I would rather not do it.

If you go as far for multiple PC to make it works, I would rather use the cash to buy in game money instead.

1 Like