Tree of Savior Forum

Disadvantages for the magic classes in the challenge mode

the half of the map 70 % flying mobs and the aoe skills of almost every magic class are land skills. also their Mdeff Increase faster than Pdeff and at the end of the stage 3 the mob break my solmiki armor. thats looks realy unfair for every magic kind class

2 Likes

Get a Taoist 2 friend, unfortunately there isn’t much you can do.

thats why i made a feedback post :tired:

That’s a big limitation to Sapper with broom Trap too, but are you speaking of elementalist or pyromancer?

in general, may be demon scratch and the shadowmancer boms are the only new aoe skill who can hit flying mob but they have a loot of cd, FF its useless agains the chalenge mode also sage I think and obviusly elementalist and pyro

I know few skills that can’t hit flying enemies:
elementalists have hail, electrocute, meteor at least.
All warlock skills should hit flying enemies too, Sorcerer is fine too
is blood curse from FF that bad as an AOE skill?
i don’t know about Shadowmancer unfortunately and i don’t remember if sage ultimate dimension hit flying mobs.

Fletchers with crossfire can finally shine xD

1 Like

Well, it’s true that magic damage gets reduced a lot, depending on the map you’re on.
The new coast maps e.g. feature monsters with an innately high magic defence, so when joining challenge mode over there, you will get your initial damage ~ decreased by 50% if you have around 4500-6200 matk(that’s at least what I experienced, damage went down from 40-50k per hit to ~20-30k per hit with level 6 fully attributed Damballa).

Because of the new damage formula, if your matk is too low, you’ll get severely crippled, so it’s better to

1. bring an averagely geared Thaumaturge & a dagger/subweapon for maximum attack boost

2. get a good weapon (at least 315 rare trans 5, upgrade level somewhere between +6 and +11 is fine) and matk on your head accessories

3. make use of the element or monster type damage cards (e.g. Moa card, Itisworth card, mutant devilglove card, unicorn card) as monsters on the new maps tend to share either element or race; only join challenge mode on the maps you’re in advantage (monsters having less mdef/fitting element/race for your damage boost) if you’re not confident to beat the others

4. know when to stop advancing in challenge mode;
    challenge mode is supposed to be a challenge (although it’s more of a DPS-race), so if you’re only good till stage 3 or 4, it’s no shame to stop early, you don’t have to try hard for that possible 1 more cube just to end with no cube at all

If you make sure to follow most of these points, you’re going to be victorious in the end, even if you initially have a disadvantage with magic.

Just scout the new maps, look up their monsters races,elements&stats at tosbase and, if required, simulate a fight against them with the damage formula, your computers calculator and taking 2 times and 3 times the initial defence values for stage 4/5 of challenge mode (stage 6&7 are incoming next year with elite monsters, so better be prepared xD).

2 Likes

It’s not just magic but physical def too. We cleared stage 5 without a healer so i dont know about mob hitting harder. Mobs are more like HP sponge.

It’s better if we have wider variety of DPS on every scenario. This will promote different builds to each tree specializing on specific task. I dont know why they gave the skill that could hit flying mobs on Tao, it should be on Wiz support or on Archer support since IMC is buffing Cleric DPS so much.

1 Like