Tree of Savior Forum

Direct Player Trading is Removed

Earlier today, players from the South Korea server of Tree of Savior,
published by Nexon, staged an in-game protest (screenshot below). In
this update, which is now live, direct trading between players has been
removed. The reason given by Nexon and developer IMC Games is that
direct trading aids the growth of currency traders (real money trading),
which would cause imbalance to the economy.

http://mmoculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Tree-of-Savior-Korean-server-protest.png

To “counter” this and replace direct trading is the auction house. From
now, players have to pay some cash to list items, and also to increase
the duration an item remains in the auction house. The default duration
is 3 hours, with paid durations at 24, 72 and 120 hours. It costs 2, 4, 6
and 8 TP (cash currency) per item. Players are upset about this, and I
feel the removal is certainly too extreme.

Source

2 Likes

Certainly is extreme, but i do get where this all come from, and indeed as they stated from gold sellers, well its a plague in any game and in the end who have to pay big is who is playing legit.

2 Likes

wait, isn’t it changed to require silver to list items on the market a few patches ago?

i thought u don’t need to pay cash to list items??

Now you need to pay TP. And you can’t Trade, put Vendor or put items on the Market.

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/uploads/default/original/3X/f/2/f220b39cdd1f547ec48eee1a637669c5e82015e0.jpg

My 2 cents on the topic:

in short, why not limit what you can drag into trade-window, instead of disabling it completely?
Example:
No token=can only trade items with potential and token itself. Cannot trade silver, loot, recipes…
Token active=can trade everything

(and Token either needs to be much cheaper or increase the regenerating TP and increase the maximum of it for the 30 days)

Yussss! This! I also thought of something similar.

Common Trade: Needs 1 Potential Point in order to trade it.
Token: Can trade Equip Items with 0 Potential (it also includes USE Items, Monster Cards, etc. that have already been traded)

But, about the ingame currency, it’s a deeper discussion whether if they might disable its trade or not. There must be a way to players gain some ingame currency by selling their bounties or loots.

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/uploads/default/original/3X/f/2/f220b39cdd1f547ec48eee1a637669c5e82015e0.jpg

For those who find that the blockade on trade and sales limit of items in the market will not cause a drastic change, there’s the answer.

But this is only noticed by those who are not blind, for those who want a fair game for both those who buy TP and those who will not buy.

But what I see are more people who support strongly and do not question anything since they do not care about it (since it does not affect themselves) … just trying to justify / reassure with the fact that "nothing has been disclosed to international server “or” a company does not profit from sales of visual items. "

But deep down are just SELFISH, that’s all.

Proof higher than such protest has not and is not just an isolated case (as many think).

This is really bad for Templar.
Who need 10m to create a guild, and 5m to buy the Tower.
Since you cannot trade the silvers for him to do it, with the ban list, it is even difficult to accumulate 1m silvers alone.

I still hope IMC allow trading under certain strict conditions, else it really kill the fun as a community game.
Friends, Guildmates, Party

Removing Trading and making Auction need cash to use it
will not solve the problem, will just make things far more complicated for players
and most likelly cause players to feel powerless.

This game is turning most likelly less player friendly every change they does,
soon they will remove the ability of joining party to avoid Power leveling, or
remove the megaphones to avoid advertisement of spam bots.

i’m fine with this. no direct trades is fine. if they use an AH, thats fine.

I’d say the fact that they put in the token system, WITHOUT having any change on the possibility to enable trading, makes me think that they’re still deciding how to bring trading back in the appropriate way that will also calm down the most players.

1 Like

Based on this https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/3yxr3d/new_announcement_from_ktos_homepage_translation/

Nexon will allow personal trades between Token Users.

1 Like

Aka Premium.
That is not an effective way of countering gold sellers,
with their farm bots they can farm enough gold to buy the token from auction and
then do their deals, that will just delay them.

OK this is riduculous if i wnat to give my revious sword to my friend who just started i cant ? OMG its a basic feature i can feel IMC is turning to worst… Hope its just my imagination