Tree of Savior Forum

TOKEN & disabled trading

What if instead of disabling trading altogether for free users… they’d just limit what can be traded without the token?

So, you could open the trade-window with someone, but if either of the players does not have a token-effect active, neither of the players can put in silver, or most items…just certain specific things, like a token itself, or some cash-shop exclusive stuff for example.

…also… what if there was the option of gifting (one-way trading) to other players if you have the token-effect active? Would that somehow defeat the purpose of disabling trading in the first place?

I mean the gold sellers still couldn’t give their stuff to the “buyer” unless they have a token-effect active themselves, so what would be the downside of said feature that I’m missing?

1 Like

You could suggest this on the KR forums, not here, its Nexon’s call not IMC, they just do what they where asked and is under their contract.

I feel like they’re missing the point with the Token. They wanted to disable something as essential as 1:1 trading, to use that as the selling point of the Token (a pseudo-subscription/premium 30 day item). The fans/players/community reacted quite negatively of course.

But now that they’re considering not having the Token be involved with trading at all, the benefits it gives with the 200TP cost (which apparently translates to roughly 20$ in the korean version for now) don’t seem THAT worthwhile either.

There is also a free-hourly-regenerating-TP system (if you have less than 5 TP, you get 1 TP added every hour, regardless if you are online or not).

1. Making the Token worthwhile, without giving "P2W benefits"

My suggestion would be to make the Tokens effect to turn the cheaper-end of the Cash-shop (EXP-boosts, Warp scrolls, Revive Gems…consumables) into a buffet for the 30 day duration, by manipulating the aforementioned free-TP system.

In other words, with the Token-effect active, you would regenerate like 5 TP per hour, with the max limit being 50 TP while the Token is active (a limit still being necessary to keep the expensive-end of the cash-shop from being obtainable with this. That’s character slots/lodges, haircuts, and of course the Token itself). So you’re basically constantly stocked on cash-shop consumables while under Token-Effect this way, instead of buying them on a one by one basis as you would otherwise.

But back to the other issue: trading is now still disabled (regardless of Token), probably because they’re figuring out what to do with it… how to enable it in a way that will hinder goldsellers.

2. Bringing trading back

Rather than making it a binary disabled/enabled-feature, they could instead just limit “What you can trade”. Have a list of things that are untradeable by default, but can be traded with the Token-effect active.

My initial thought would be limiting it to things that have “potential” and the Token itself (and perhaps increase the potential loss if necessary).

Meaning, you can trade your cheapo boss-dropped bow with your archer-partymember for the staff he got, while playing free…but you cannot trade Silver, or drag regular loot/recipes into it without the Token-effect.

Would that be more appealing than the current Token/disabled trading?

I don’t know korean and I’m voicing this in regards to the international version, since it will obviously need to finance itself just as much.

I disagree in removing the trade feature, but this is more against bots and gold sellers if you read along the reasons. Therefore, your suggestion in limiting items will not help in eliminating gold sellers. I know in the culture of SA or SEA, gold sellers is not a big concern, but in NA/EU, gold sellers and bots are the biggest turn off.

A slightly better way is to keep the item for 24 hours before it is delivered to the person, and you can only gift (if this is claimed as a friend) with no money involved. But still, we will see gold sellers.

and if potential-loss for free-players is increased so much that it drops to 0?

How would goldsellers make use of trading then? they’d turn their botted goods into garbage equip and trade it to you one by one so you can NPC it?

Hmm…

If that’s still worth it, then it’s probably also worth it for them to buy the damn token and have trading enabled anyway, doesn’t it? x.X

Yes, Gold Seller can buy 1,000,000 of weapons from NPC, and ask the user to sell them back to the NPC for the price at 1,000. This regardless of potential, they still deliver their promise, and the user care less if they get their 1,000,000,000 to spend.

By buying the token, you can suspend their credit card, regardless how many accounts they create. The game in Korean linked to their ID and Phone, so it is effective there.

1000000 weapons…that’s 42000 trades to go through and unimaginable mouse-clicking amount XDDD

(while we’re at it, reduce the number of items that can be traded at once even lower than the current 24 then, eh?)

keep the game only by steam, it is a very good method to reduce bots. because most games the player can open 4/5 clients on the same machine or even more, the steam difficult it

It is “difficult” in the same way putting on pants in the morning is difficult. It would easier if you didn’t have to do it, but it is still incredibly easy to do.

Ok, for gold sellers and bots it’s fine.

But, I have a Token, I want to trade with a friend a sword i get, so, I CANT.
If I have 30 trades, make the 30 trades avaible for me.

Me 30 trades
He 0 trades

Trading . . .
Me 29 trades
He 0 trades.

WHY…?
Me 29 trades
He 29 trades (if have a Token).

It should be valid for Token Players to trade with NO TOKEN PLAYERS.

It’s necessary to be token to token?

1 Like

What is needed is a barrier to botting, gold trading and account trading. Possibly a one-time “citizenship” fee to enter the economy (enabling of trading and market, and treating F2P as something of a game demo). then using the cash to pay for bothunting/moderation. if cheaters keep coming they have to keep paying when they are caught… goldsellers will never stop while it is profitable, so you must attack their profit model.

instead, we have a system that does not reduce abuse, is expensive, is weighted towards stanima classes, and punishes you for taking a break because you paid for real world time instead of game time.

I too am against removing the Trade future. I agree with Charon, there should be a limit for what you can trade without a token. -Keep up the great work! :slight_smile: