Tree of Savior Forum

Dex is so useless now

What do you mean by you don’t lose an upgrade? You mean if you used the diamond anvil to go from +20 to +21 and it fails it stays at +20 instead of going back to +19?

YES /20charrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs

1 Like

Expected nothing less from Nexon, especially since they have like 25% stake in IMC now.

Has anyone tried

Full Dex SR3 vs Hybrid SR3? What’s better?

Tried both. Right now I seem to be able to kill stuff faster with hybrid (200 DEX, rest on STR) at lv.324.

My gear is nowhere near endgame though so I’m not sure if by the time I reach that point, having more CritAtk would defeat the investment in STR for pAtk.

CritAtk scales really well with skill modifiers, especially Limacon, but it requires you to have decent crit rate too. In my case, I’ve rolled an A2 R2 Rogue1 w/ 7 WW card stack.

Thanks @ZeroFoxGiven and you are not considering going full dex at the moment with your rouge-SR3 build correct?

Well we have this now:

seems 200 is really the sweetspot for ASPD, tho the question still remains on how high will your crits be (focusing on DEX given crtattack) with 200 vs 300 DEX.

1 Like

Yes, I’m not.

Pretty content with what I have now since I think a little bit of accuracy from STR is still necessary or at least will be necessary at some point. I have 2 stat reset pots from founders and a previous event though so I guess that eases my worry.

I’m only going with DEX for aspd and critAtk. Block Pen I guess is kinda bonus considering this is a PVE build, but it has its uses in some scenarios, especially in PVP. Evasion is in a really weird spot right now. When I tried full DEX and even with Swift Step on, Siauliai bosses are still hitting me more than I expected, even more if we compare it to pre-rework.

1 Like

There’s no proof to this yet (I’m too poor to test this) but the way I understood the new damage calculation and given weapon has more impact now than stats after skill modifiers are applied, 300 DEX will beat 200 DEX if you have decent crit rate and a really, really good weapon. At which point, that is something that needs to be looked into as well.

I could be wrong though so take this with a grain of salt.

Concerning the talk about Skull Swing (and Umbo as the debuff is the same).

Would not that be a significant difference?

EDIT:this seems to be the worst example possible.

If trans and enhancement remains op as this, stats will never be a thing, unless str/int grant crazy values like 10 p atk/m atk per point.

Try that with your auto attack instead of Vertical Slash which gets a bonus when Skull swing is applied.

I need a skill interaction list, because that one I never head of.

Thanks for the tip btw. I’ll test it.

[Physical] - [Slash]
Attack with a descending vertical slash. Deals additional damage on medium and large-type enemies according to how much their defense has been decreased by [Skull Swing]. An additional bonus damage will be applied depending on the amount of harmful effect that have been applied to the enemy.
https://tos.neet.tv/skills/10209
It’s on the tooltip of the skill.
You have two things there improving Vslash.

3 things actually.

Skull Swing debuff
Vertical Slash + Skull Swing bonus
Vertical Slash’s own +30% per debuff scaling.

Yeah, that was the worst example indeed.

Well, I tested on a Corpe Flower (which was on same level as me now, 220) and skull swing increased 10% of my damage.

Corpse Flower has 640 def
I have 148 physical attack (I was resetted now, 0 STR and no gear)

normal attack was 70
with SS was 77

I tested Attaque Coquile as well and… yeah you are right, ignoring defense pretty much did nothing. 1525 ~ 1580 damage and it only raised like 20~30. The target defense was 1022 and mine 1215.

Well, my conclusion is that there are not enough defense to make those skills worth in the current content, with the current log formula.

Although I should test with players to see if the defense is really going to 0 with those skills (Coquille will stay a mistery as it is just a debuff for a specific type of damage.)

The bad news is that it is also hard for players to reduce damage, which is something that I have been noticing lately. Defense seems to be pretty nerfed.

I think it’s more of those skills not doing what they’re advertised.

Someone previously mentioned that Skull Swing actually is just 10% defense reduction, instead of the full 100% it’s advertised to be.

Thanks @ZeroFoxGiven I feel that chasing patk now on headgears is better than crit rate right? since the % you’ll get is not really that high (14x3 on head) .

For the weapon gems, I’m not sure what’s more efficient go full red or full green or mix -_- geezz IMC. Thoughts?

Yeah, I forgot to edit, but that is also very likely.

The worst part is that those issues are not translation issues, those tooltips are like that in korean as well.

I actually think it is worse. I think it might be a flat reduction, just like Shield Push from Rodelero, which is -1 def per level.

I will make further tests with Coquille at least, to judge if it will stay on my rotation or not. Maybe the reduction is based on level now and they didn’t say anything.

Frankly, with this level of detail on the tooltip, everything is possible.

imo it’s worth using regardless of its effect because it’s a really strong skill and depending on your dex you’ll run out of skills before cooldowns are up in a prolonged fight anyway

Dunno what your class build or stats are though

That is why I’m going to test it further. If it is a flat reduction, it isn’t actually a benefit. If it is a percent of the defense, then it might be good in the future.

Have two Fencers, one focused on STR and the other focused on DEX. Class build of both is not permanent now because I’m experimenting everyday.