Tree of Savior Forum

Dev Interview: DPK

Look. You can believe what you want. But it’s painfully obvious for any reasonable person here to see that they’re being secretive and not releasing the full details.

Also, the previous system was a little unfair, no? If Player A is trying to get an item from a monster with a 500 DPK rate and they get to 499 kills, but Player B comes along and kills the last one… Well, Player B gets the item and all of Player A’s hard work is put to waste. We want to avoid this problem with the new system.

For this to be true, there is more to the new system than has been explained. Everyone here is latching onto the part about the map bit.

Y: It’s a secret but…

This implies, “we’re not going to give full details because it’s a secret, but…”

People can believe what they want. I’m not going to argue about it with you.

Make sense why the mats is not dropping when you expected and why the 315 orange mats have a high price in the current market. this is not convenient for us but rather cruel implementation. its kind a frustrating to farm those item now and not to mention we are gear-bound. Its like better farm silver now and buy them in the market.

“You know I like to farm items and craft them on my own rather buy them in the market, it give me joy and you take that for me”

I’m not believing what I want. I provided you numbers, not theories. And I repeat it again: if your theory was right, I’d have dropped 3 bracelets, not one.
Prove me wrong on this.

Btw: I was alone on ch2 during the farming and on ch1 there were other people.
With what they said today, it makes sense that I dropped only one and the other two were “stolen” from people in ch1.

And, yes, it is true that the drop number has become higher but, when looking at the data, the actual drop rate has increased about 50%.

It seems to me that’s painfully obvious they don’t know their own system, like someone else already said.

3 Likes

In one sentence you argue that you’re providing facts and numbers. Then in the other sentence you discount IMC’s facts and numbers.

If they say the drop rate increased by 50%, it increased by 50%. They know exactly how many of each item dropped before and after implementation. Their numbers are the most absolute and reliable thing here, whereas self reported figures are not.

Right, IMC’s accuracy is to be trusted. Like the damage formula changing from ^0.x, to 0.8, 0.9, between one dev blog post and another …
I have a reason to not trust their numbers and I’m not the only one out there.

And I provided the number of kills VS dpk values.

2 Likes

Just a thought, but what if there’s personal DPK too?

For example, let’s say an item have 5000 DPK
Currently each kill adds to that count, increasing each player’s chance to get it.
But once a person gets it, it drops back to the base again.

So what if there’s a personal tracking that helps the odd leans in your favor.

Basically (personal DPK * factor) * map-wide odds.

So let’s say A and B are both farming the same 5000 DPK item.

After 1000 kill on each player, B got the drop, so B’s personal DPK and the map’s reset.
However, since A didn’t get it, his personal DPK is still at 1000
Then let’s say they both farm another 1000.

At this point A would have 2000 DPK weighed compare to B’s 1000, and the chance of A getting the item is higher than B by at least 2 times the factor.

Because it’s a multiplier on top of the actual chance, whenever the map’s DPK reset the chance will plummet again, but at least with this addition, the people who put in the most work are the more likely to be rewarded (on top of having more chances at the roll of course)

@STAFF_Yuri

Thank you for the information.

But this interview is surreal, they can’t be serious that they take taking into account the playerbase feedback and say with a laugh that the whole DPK system in map wise… It is one of the worse system ever made, basically you could farm for ever without having one drop if someone is farming on an another channel… This is crazy, better pray RGNesus, at least he is answering your prayer, sometimes :persevere:.

When they say, the drop rate has been improve by 50%, was it a joke? All our numbers showed that it is harder than before, and becoming harder at each change.

To answer to your sentence:

“It’s extreamly rare situation I think… both player are aiming for the same material, same date, time”

I’m sad to tell you it is not the case, those mats are really researched so they are farmed :sweat_smile:. It is really uncommon to have 0 player on any map where you can find 315 mats.

4 Likes

This just means that the guy who can kill faster gets the drop while the new guy at the other channel trying for a drop is screwed as all hell. It explains why kills needed for a drop suddenly spikes.
Real fun, IMC.

1 Like

amok if players help each other to lower their DPK, what is wrong is the reset of that material been map bound also…

if the reset was personal aka when that person get the item his DPK resets but not the d[k of the person that didn’t get it…

then it would be a friendly cooperation instead of claws on eyes competiton where everyone wants to be alone and hate each person they see

@STAFF_Yuri

So you chose the worst case scenario, which is encourage ■■■■■■■ behavior/DPK sniping, instead of just allow people to farm for a couple hours and get several materials, now they have to farm for 1-2 hours to get one item provided that they’re the only person on the map for that entire hour. In what way does this guarantee a drop for me?

You are encouraging silver buying, because the only way to guarantee an item with high DPK is to buy it from someone with bots running, or someone who is willing to sit on a map for several hours. Very few people are willing to do that.

The only time people enjoyed farming for items in this game is when it was RNG. DPK is the worst possible item drop system I have ever seen across every MMO I have played for the last 20 years. Your devs clearly do not even play this game and it’s infuriating. There is not a single person playing the game who would think DPK is a good system unless they’re buying/selling silver.

edit: The best part of this post is that as I was typing it, after farming mats on a map for an hour, I got sniped.

So I spend 1-2 hours to farm a single material that I don’t even get, and now I have to buy it from some jackass for 2 million silver. What about this is good game design? What about this is fun? It’s not even a chore. When you do chores you get something out of it. This is just cancerous.

7 Likes

Drop system needs another rework. :slight_frown:

4 Likes

If they are not gonna rework the DPK of certain mobs, like the ridiculous 1/20,000 on the purple 315 gear from the Hunting Ground, then they should add these items to the list of Silver/Golden/Elite mobs to make it doable. Specially the Silver mobs that sometimes grants zero items off it. I feel like there’s so many “jackpot” mobs like the ones i said above that doesn’t reward you at all. Materials are another sort of money you should look at.
Silver mob = 1x Silver “sometimes” (Suggests adding rare materials on it)
Golden mob = 2x Silver/cheap mats (Suggests adding rare materials on it)
Elite mob = More “crappy” Silver ((Suggests adding blue/purple cubes on it)

Hope you guys consider improving the “material drop” aspect of some of these mobs.

3 Likes

@STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Max

I see a lot of heated words and anger around…

am sure what everyone wishes for can be lost in words and be misunderstood…

So, I put it in a way that anyone can understand (I hope)

7 Likes

Thanks you made my day! :joy: That’s a perfect way to put it.

The DPK in hunting gronds for cubes is horrible :c

2 Likes

So, if I’m farming something and go AFK for a few minutes near the peak DKP, I’m out of luck, shouldn’t have so much life and biological functions? Am I understanding this correctly?