Tree of Savior Forum

Derf's Dual Wield Dragoon Build

This is my guide for my Dual Wield Dragoon class. I hit level 270 in the Korean Server with this build most of it on stream.

Why Should i play Dual Wield Dragoon Derf?

https://forum-static.hummingbird.me/3861441b453bdb4663ba627605df0804aca48df532fe4.jpg

Tired of memelanders and memeliners? Want to dual wield like a champion? Want to make fat stacks of cash?

This build is unique and goes against the highlander barbarian dopple trend while still being competitive. If you want to have fun and go against the masses this is a good starting place. I built this as a PVE build but with a few tweaks you could do well in PVP.

1. Build

The Build

Here are the class breakdowns

C1. Swordsman: because wizards can’t use spears.

C2. Peltasta: We want the taunt ability and the guardian buff in case we need a little more tankyness

C3 - C4. Hoplite: this is the core of our build. We are building a skill build based around pierce damage and spear lunge reduces enemies pierce defense basically improving damage on all our pierce skills.

C5-C6. Corsair: This gives us our party damage buff and money buff through jolly roger. We also get dust devil which is a good CC in PVE and hexandropper which is an amazing pierce skill.

C7. Dragoon: This class itself isn’t amazing. You can tell by the 3 or 4 buffs for its skills in a row that it needed some love. But in our build it fills a very important role which is rounding out or skills. Basically every Dragoon skill is just a knock off of other skills. That’s not bad but won’t add any amazing variety. What it does do however is fill the downtime in our rotation so we can use 100% skills in our fights.

2. Stats

There are 3 Builds you can do with stats here as this build gives you some pretty good flexibility.

Stats Build 1.
Full STR.
This works because finestra gives us crit rating. We will need to add green gems and Gladiator Bands to get our crit rating up, but when we crit our 650+ STR will make sure we hit hard.

Stats Build 2.
Standard High STR
This build you put in 140 - 180 DEX and the rest in STR. Balance your DEX as you feel it is needed because getting a Krivis Crit buff will put you over the crit cap if you have Gladiator bands at 180 DEX. Good for a first timer as you will not need the greatest gear to make it work. this is what i levelled up with and reset stats for Full STR once i could get gear.

Stats Build 3.
Balanced PVP
Put 140 points into DEX, then level your CON until you feel comfortable. do not try to pvp without a little CON. Then put the rest in STR

3. Skills

Each skill is given a ranking based on power level and usefulness. Reminder some skills may be objectively good, however they don’t fit into the goal of the build.

##Swordsman

Thrust 1/5 Low damage and not as good as bash for levelling. No reason to take this. you will almost always at least want the bash knockdown effect even after the C1 skills damage is too low.
Bash 2/5 Just a levelling skill until you hit hoplite. Has a knockdown attribute that could be useful even in the lategame as a CC
Gung Ho 4/5 Damage boost skill. when you get this skill you will see your damage increase by almost double in the low level. Continues being a good source of damage that requires little maintenance to keep up.
Concentrate 2/5 another damage boost skill. however this one only lasts for X number of hits. We hit so many times that in 2 or 3 skills the buff will fall off and you will have to wait another minute to put it up again. better just go for the buff that lasts.
Pain Barrier 4/5 a must have for the late game. When i didnt have this skill the number of times a boss or mob knocked me down or away while i was charging a skill or using stabbing was in the 100s. An obnoxious amount, sometimes just chain knocking me down and killing me.
##Peltasta

Umbo Blow 2/5 You wont use this after you get Corsair.
Rim Blow 1/5 You wont use this either once you get to Corsair. Just a worse umbo Blow has less AOE ratio.
Swash Buckling 5/5 The only reason to go Peltasta. You are also a Pirate so it’s a no brainer.
Guardian 2/5 You can’t use this while gung ho is up. If you need to tank in a dungeon or are having trouble with a boss pop this on to help.

##Hoplite

Stabbing 4/5 A good skill pop your spear lunge then use stabbing for tons of damage. You have to stand still while using it however.
Pierce 3/5 A good bossing skill but not so great for regular farming or PVP.
Finestra 6/5 Keep this up 100% of the time. You get Crit rate and block % and is why we can do things like go full STR
Synchro Thrusting 0/5 Never use this skill and can only be used with a shield which we won’t have.
Long Stride 1/5 Good for a gap closer and knocks down on impact. Low damage however and only hits one time.
Spear Lunge 5/5 What makes our build good. Every attack we use except 2 or 3 is Pierce damage. Increasing the points will not make it last longer or reduce the defense anymore so just keep it at 1.

##Corsair

Jolly Roger 5/5 Gives your party a damage buff if you are the leader of the party and more ranks = more silver that will burst out of the enemy. You will see it when it happens, ranking up just makes it happen more.
*Iron Hook 1/5 Good for pvp, meh for PVE
Keel Hauling 1/5 Same as above. We can already taunt to bring everything to us.
Unlock Chest 0/5 Useless skill. Highest level chest is only level 5 and there are only 2 of them. No reason to put any points into this.
Dust Devil 4/5 Good CC and good damage. It works iffy in PVP have found opponents can still move while spinning. Good for fighting strong monsters in PVE as it has 2 charges and nothing will hit you while they spin.
Double Weapon Assault 2/5 Brace yourselves for drama. This skill is bad. All it does it lets you attack slightly faster with your off hand. The only point of it is because corsair only has 2 damage skills and they gave you a filler skill for the downtime you will have. When we have dragoon we will have a full rotation of skills and will never use this skill. take it for filler when you don’t have skills on CD before dragoon and lack of anything else.
Hexen Dropper 5/5 Great skill hits a ton of times and is pierce so you can use spear lunge with it.

##Dragoon

Dragontooth 4/5 Basically improved pierce. Has a cast time but a long range in front of you.
Serpentine 4/5 Basically Stabbing 2.0 another pierce skill. Has a bleeding attribute.
Gae Bulg 2/5 this skill is wildly overrated. Hits 1 time where as all your other skills hit 3 times at least. Also cannot be aimed so it is unwieldy to use. Hits about half a screen away which when mobs are already on you you have to run away to get it to hit then run back to pick up your spear. Has support buffs and attributes to make it a group skill but isn’t worth it in this build.
Dragon Soar 3/5 Good damage but is slash type not pierce. Other problem is the description LIES it does not knock up or away. Just does a few hits slash damage and that’s it.

4. Attributes

Pretty easy here. Just improve the damage of your skills regularly and spend a day or so levelling gung ho. Get all the utility attributes for your skills.

5. Videos and Links

I kept it short as i have the flu and i leave for Japan for 2 weeks in 2 hours but i wanted to get it up before IOBT goes up. I will add more from the hotel room as i can if needed.

My Youtube Channel

Here is a video of me at 250 doing the dungeon. It gives you a nice feel of what to expect. The play isn’t perfect because this is run #15 of dungeon resets to grind up but you can see the damage.

You can see me play here almost every night. There’s a month worth of archived videos of me playing. There are several knowledgeable people who are admins and regulars in my channel and can help you with any builds and questions

https://Twitch.tv/Meddycakes Full support Master 250 KTOS Kabbalist
https://Twitch.tv/JiggaJacks 230 KTOS Dopple 2
https://Twitch.tv/Gee_Banter 200 Chronomancer ICBT2

I will be late to the ITOS launch by about 4 days, but i hope everyone has a great time. It really is a fun game and i have met a ton of great people while playing. I hope to join you all idling in the mercenary post very soon.

9 Likes

You think getting Hexen Dropper is worth not taking Hoplite3 for those lv15 skills?

I’m planning for something similar as this, before when I played iCBT2 i did swordsman>highlander>barb x2>corsair>corsair on full dex

Now, my plan is:
swordsman>peltasta>hoplite x3>corsair>dragoon

I liked hexen dropper on corsair 2 but I think I’ll like Finestra at 15/15, still deciding.

Also, is full dex now bad(PVE)? I remember it was a really nice stat that brought me to 200s with ease, now with no stat resets I need to think this over and try not to ruin my build.

Some choices and skill distribution I find questionable…

I thought you could actually dual wield 2 lances or swords as dragoon…

I should kick you off a roof for giving me fake hopes :triumph:

2 Likes

wuff.
Real dragoon in kTOS.

since you have dragoon can you confirm this :
in tosbase all dragoon skills don’t provide any AOE ratio.
could you confirm this, maybe by video or screen shot
Best regards :smile:

Derf please. I’m the same level as Meddy. :^)

Yes. Hexen hits 6-7 times (I can’t remember which off the top of my head. It’s also almost instantaneous. This mixes up our skills since you never use pierce leveling and stabbing is slow and you have to stand still for it. You will also get %based damage increase from Jolly Roger in a group. Spear throw isn’t as good as you think it is.

They do hit multiple targets, wether that’s because all high level 1h spears have aoe ratio on them or the skill itself has aoe ratio I don’t know. With vubbe fighter gauntlets and the spear bonus I never was like, man skills aren’t hitting those guys.

the skill description don’t provide AOE information ?
here for example when i screenshot my Cataphract
In this screenshot i unequip my spear, so it’s raw AOE

At some point you get diminishing returns on dex. They found after cbt2 that a mix gave better dps in the damage formula. Sort of like 1 point of crit rate might give you 1% crit percent when you have 10 crit rate. But at 400 crit rate 1 point might get you .01% there’s sort of a soft cap in there somewhere.

I would look but I’m no where near a PC right now

ah i see, i’ll be waiting then. :smile:
thanks

do you suggest leather or plate for the armor, and what skills should we spend our time training? At least in icbt 2 i remember we had to constantly go back to the trainer and continuously train / upgrade skills

is that the actual in game song? it’s freaking epic if it is.

if not please tell me the song name.

Misleading title. Advertised as dual wield, but not taking advantage of it in any way.

1 Like

my build is exactly same like this… but i don’t take the dragoon but rather templar, do you think this build is good for templar? with those skills? and dex on stat?

If you really want to get Templar and do decent damage I would urge you to take fencer as it is a very good self sustaining class with no downtime and will cover all your damage for you.

thx for your feedback. :smiley:
so i go with swordman->peltasta->hop->hop->corsair->fencer->temp?
btw can i use coirsair’s dualwield on temp?

its not like dust devil and hexendropper require dual wielding to use, blame the developers for not giving you the insane dual wielding kirito skillz you want not me.