Tree of Savior Forum

Decrease boss health or defense

The bosses in RO were created to be killed in a party, sure you could solo the weak ones, but most of them need a party. The ideal way of killing was always having a tank, a healer, a dps and a support for ME/Sacrifice/Link/Bragi. And the unavoidable damage can be avoided with class skills like:

• Magnetic Earth
    -Pneuma
    -Soul Link Buffs( for earthquake)

For the bosses in ToS, as it is right now,they lack pressure and uniqueness, we have beautiful models that add no game changer in the bosses concept. They are for the most part just tank walls with same attack patterns that repeat over and over. I know that the ability to teach the player how to dodge the attacks is a good design, but at the same time, make the bosses real boring because of the overused patterns, most of them I wish had more unique features because of their models ingame. Like the harpy flying around the map, and up the screen for a grab dive or the spider using more paralisis and mobs to kill the paralized player or the mummy using their bandages for a grab attack or summoning undead mobs that are immortal.

They need more AI development too, for things like doing combo attacks or if a player recieves the debuff from their trap they punish you more,or changing pattern attacks if they are recieving only melee or only ranged damage. The great design is not just creating patterns that players can learn, but creating twists around them to suprise and challenge the player even futher.

Right now we lack that suprise. Even the field bosses and dungeon bosses have no suprises in their attacks, they only hit harder. Wish they could use more unique stuff like the boss in the mines with the spiral cannon or the quick attack necro in the chapel.

And we need more exp from killing the bosses and better loots, please.

I sincerely hope you are abusing crit shot with a str build if you went ranger. It already gives you 50% crit rate so you donā€™t really need dex for anything with it being your big hitter. Youā€™d want to stack str to make the crit on it hit even harder with barrage and multishot being your fillers. And that you are using SP pots.

Iā€™m also seeing a lot of complaints about archer CDs and SP costs and I seriously suggest all archers go play a wizard for a little while if you want suffering.

I tried it for a bit. It did feel like the best single target dps the class has, but it didnā€™t feel like it did enough, given the SP cost upkeep of it. That might just be more because I lack an Iron Bow on my Ranger, though. If that is the case though, then Iā€™m not sure tethering a classā€™s ability to function to a single bow item so early in the game is a good idea.

Itā€™s an item specifically tailored to a class heavy on crits. Thereā€™s similarly gimmicked weapons for the other classes like the swords that give magic for clerics, or the rods with + ice skills for cryo or even staffs with + physical attack although Iā€™m unsure which wizard class would make use of it. It still exists though.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I donā€™t think it shouldnā€™t exist. I just donā€™t think the class should be functionally unplayable without it. I have no problems with it making an already-good build better, but the build in question should in theory be able to stand up without it first. I feel that Ranger in general fails to do this, let alone the Critical Arrow-focused build. You canā€™t feasibly expect every Ranger to pick up an Iron Bow, especially since theyā€™ll be competing with other Archers for it.

Regardless, this really is a topic for another thread, as this tangent isnā€™t about bosses anymore.

Hmm maybe youā€™re right~
Iā€™m finding the bosses almost impossible at this point because Iā€™ll Iā€™ve been doing is following the story quest without grinding or leveling in the fields so much. I think this game needs a balance of leveling by grinding so you can become strong enough to continue the quests. At least thatā€™s been my experience of it so far. I quite enjoy it, though.

-Amberly. ā€¦Groundwork.

All the bosses are the same its pretty damn boring and really shitty design. Some classes can easily solo them others have a very hard time. They got either too High HP, or too much aoe spam upclose to let melee even attack. This becomes more apparent post lv40

1 Like

Just one sentence: bosses are not hard, they are boring, just a lot of boring minutes.

Bosses have way too much HP considering they occur quite frequently while questing. If youā€™re rolling a tank or a priest it can be a major pain on the amount of time it takes to further progress while rolling solo.

were not saying theyre too hard what were trying to say is: it takes so damn long and frequently its a waste of our time. unlike monster hunter where it was dynamic and you felt the impact on each swing and theres the satisfaction each time you knock a monster down. here on tos, in order to end them quick we are forced to stand on one place and facroll deal out everything weve got(like playing point and click game) where we couldve avoided losing any health.

highlanders have it easy OP class for soloing

lvl1-30ish boss battles are a cakewalk, so all those comments with low lvl chars are worthless were talking 50 onwards here.

started having problems with that final boss on chapel. was dealing 1 dmg each normal atk with my cleric that it would take at least an hour to kill her. running to a corner sitting to recover my sp.
as one guy pointed out, at this stage we have to pop out a bonfire during boss battles just to rush them.
there was one battle where i was able to lay down 2 bonfires. craycray
and bramble was all over the place kept wasting my cure. rework that guy plus had an absurd amount of hp
example of good boss design was that final guy on crystal mines where he created footholds to dodge his ferris wheel atk. save us bambis give field bosses more health(where its possible to get a lot of help /red kepa) and tone down on instanced bosses jc

1 Like

Not really OP, I just think some classes need some balances.

Also, I think an auto adapt difficulty classes should be applied.
Blizzard do that for its raids and I thatā€™s a smart think because like some people said and me : depending of your class it could be easy or a pain to do them