Tree of Savior Forum

Deciding between Corsair+Shinobi class build

You’ve looked all over eh. Your skills of deduction are lacking for a ninja.

If you had searched the forum for ‘shinobi quest’ and tried the second result, you would have got it. good luck, just think it’s a quest before a quest.

while hoplite is nice for bonus piercing damage hoplite removes the need for dex and dex= clone hp without dex clones die to a fart so they will never do anything. im a fan of the c2 swordie c2 barb version personally

Pretty much the generic for Corsair C2>Shinobi is Sword>Pelt>Hop>HopC2>Corsair>CorsairC2>Shinobi

Personally I hate using spears and the Hoplite class, so I’ve decided to go Sword>Pelt>Barb>Barb C2>Corsair>Corsair C2 (Rank 7 undecided)

agree for diferent reasons tho hoplite n finestra doesnt synergize well with clones they have literally 2k hp without dex. hoplite= low dex

after more investigation it looks like Shinobis get swordsman C3 so their clones can do the double slash?

thats the gimick but they do it when you do it
so means you would have to use double slash. they also kunai when you do so normal is to clones double kunai and then autoattack since they will autoattack to

I dont see the point in being high dex just so your clones can have high HP if it’s a 49 second cd

Probably going sword3 hop2 dop1 shinobi now that I understand the clones

because they die before they do anything so may as well not have them

short little vid of the swordie>pelt>c2 barb>c2 corsair>shinobi testing of the derpy clones for those that havent seen it

Summon them and do a combo

What kind of weapon he use?

In my opinion, this is viable. However, you will be forced to use 1h spear and dagger for this build. It may be weird since we haven’t seen a ninja using spears. XD

This build is more on Critical Hits and Fast attacks. Buffs are minimal, Finestra, Pain Barrier, Restrain, and Concentrate would be sufficient.

The bread and butter of this build are Stabbing, Double Weapon Assault, and Hexen Dropper. You may ask if Auto-attacks will fall on later game? I don’t think so, as long as you have Brandish (1H Spear) and Karacha (Dagger).

You may ask, it may be difficult to get near to an enemy. Well, Hook and Keel Hauling is there to help you.
Want more info? Refer to this thread:

This guy have been testing a lot about Iron Hook and Keel Hauling. You will figure it out the combo I always meant to say if you watch the video on that thread.

If your concern is the usage of Bunsin Clones, you can always have the Kunai, and your auto-attacks. Finestra and Concentrate can be stacked with Kunai Skill (I’m not sure about the Restrain). Good thing is you got Spear Lunge, which makes an enemy vulnerable to any Pierce-Type Damage. Kunai is pierce-type damage; so there is a combo for this one.
Take note that when using buffs, it can’t be contributed to clones. Clones don’t replicate all kinds of buffs.

We have similar builds in mind, and I’m using it. I don’t have any problems with it.

Well for buff, you can always apply buff like Deed of valor 5 stack to urself first before popping the clones.

By doing this, ur clones will basically have the same stat as your character with that 50% phy att buff from deed of valor.

It’s also the same as applying finestra(crit buff) to urself first before popping clone since you wan ur clones to do crit as well.

Well, I’m not sure about that. We don’t have any confirmation with that since there is no way for us to check the stats of the clones, this info came from the Shinobi players of iTOS. I just hope there is one :open_mouth:

You don really need to know the stat of the clones to know if the buff apply or not.

Well if clones don follow your buff or char stat for example finestra buff , then your clone wont be critting that much since they don inherit your finestra buff

From my experience as a spear shinobi player, when i applied 5 stacked Deed of valor and finestra buff and after that popping my clone, my own kunai skill did 11k each hit and my clone did 11k each hit too. And most of my clone kunai did crit the boss mob as well. This shows that they did inherit my buffs.

If you see my latest video, i was stacked with deed of valors and finestra and in the clone kunai combo, chunk of 11k crit dmg hits flying out almost literally everywhere.

1 Like

Oh i see. It works then. Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

Just a word of warning, you WANT Peltasta C1 for party play in PvE content. Most people don’t even want a slot taken by a Swordie if they don’t have swashbuckling.

I went Swordsman>Pelt>Hoplite C2>Corsair C2 and I’ve been doing pretty great. Only two class levels off from actually getting Shinobi myself.

will you post some videos or information after you get Shinobi?

my wannabe shinobi alt is currently sword1>sword2>barb1>sword3>corsair1 gonna be corsair2>shinobi going forward. This build is purely for PvP later on since my main is sword1>pelt1>hop1>hop2>hop3>doppel>dragoon.

Since i only had 1 variable class in this build i went for barb c1. helm chopper>cleave combo is pretty powerful for now (131 atm) and for someone that played hop to c3 the cooldowns are barely noticeable. double slash is also rather decent atm and will be of use later on for clones in the occasional PvE. If cleave gets the slash buff from kToS in addition to the 50 crit rate i’ll be pretty happy. For PvP helm chopper > stun > cleave /w bonus damage and critrate buff > hexen dropper looks like really strong burst on paper. Especially since the main targets i will be going for are leather/cloth wearing classes.

Pelt imo doesnt offer enough for the PvP playstyle im going for with this build. The 25% HP dont do enough on a rather squishy burst damage dealer that utilizes stealth to engage to convince me. Guardians 18% evasion might make a difference against physical DDs since i will have a chunk of dex anyway but i still went barb over pelt since i feel the burst potential coupled with another stunchance synergyzes better with the overall concept i’m going for with this build. Tho i’m fully aware of the PvE advantages of having swashbuckling since my main sports pelt1.

The main thing imo is that people should stop trying to cramp too much into one build. The way this game is set up you really have to focus on a certain area of the game. At least as a swordsman.

But im a swordsman nut. I had several knights/lord knights back in RO and im gonna have 4 swordsmen in ToS:
sword1>pelt1>hop1>hop2>hop3>doppel>dragoon (general PvE)
sword1>sword2>barb1>sword3>corsair1>corsair2>shinobi (single target/small scale PvP nuker)
sword1>sword2>sword3>cata1>cata2>cata3>dragoon (5v5 PvP/GvG)
sword1>pelt1>barb1>barb2>barb3>fencer1>fencer2 (general PvE with a very different playstile compared to build1) (still undecided about this one but thats the plan for now)

Yeah, I probably will. I’m considering streaming at some point too.