Tree of Savior Forum

Deceiving " Your team name can be changed later on." IT WORKED!

I picked a random team name thinking i can just change it later because i was in a hurry to play the game.

What it doesnt tell you is the fact that YOU HAVE TO PAY TP.

Why couldnt you just put " Your team name can be changed later on using/by paying TP. " or better yet allow us to delete a team so we can make a new one with a new name.

Instead of enjoying the game i was greeted with a massive kick to the balls.

Why not just remove that information since it isnt telling you that you have to pay tp?

EDIT: Some very good points from Saincteye, Problem here is:

1.They did not mention you need to pay to change it,
2.They did not mention the fact you can not delete it and recreate another one,
3.They did mention it in the forum with a name containing “How to Redeem Your DLC Bonuses”,
4.The game is released on steam while not one news announcement mentioned the above thread with a link in the forum and/or as a must read,
6.Using the string “Team name” instead of a more commonly known “Family Name/ Sur Name/ Last name” within the western culture is a bad localization.

Ive messaged an IMC STAFF about the issue and also gave him a link to this thread. Lets hope they can fix it. ( also removed my douchebaggery remarks as it was uncalled for. I was very pissed when i made this thread )

EDIT: IT WORKED GUYS! they are gonna offer free team name change soon! Thank you very much IMC for listening!

13 Likes

Pfffffffffff. Many games doesn’t allow you to change it at all. Why the hell you picked random one? If was completely your fault honestly.

14 Likes

State a game where they dont allow you to delete a team.

Remembers when Microsoft took my account as hostage when I registered it on Xbox Live…
Fortunately, nothing is impossible for a glitched 360.

@berestnev
Yup, it’s totally fine to be locked with a random team name. They should totally not change that.

Like… every online game? o_O Team is more like account than character. You can delete characters in most games, but you can’t delete account.

But you can make a new account right? So how do i make a new account?

Thats easy, create new steam account.

1 Like

And buy another EA ?
(Assuming making a new Steam account is a small deal)

Sure :slight_smile: EA is per account, right?)

Well to be serious, you could try to mail them privately and ask to change it. But it will be a big favor from their side if they do.

If you think what they did isnt a bad move by not stating that you have to pay tp right as you are making your team name makes me question your IQ.

1 Like

The same here for typing random team name. It is not smart at all :wink:

1 Like

When they tell you that you can change it later on right as youre typing it is cleary them baiting you to make that mistake. Youre probably an imc staff arent you? or probably just a fanboy XD

Man, I sure do wish they would have said something about name changes costing TP…

Oh… wait… they did.

hue

6 Likes

Sure :smiley:

2 Likes

Nothing about that is lying. You CAN change your team name in the future. That is a fact.
You messed up just because you were in a hurry.
Now own up to your mistake. Either pay for the change, or wait until F2P release and make a new account.

1 Like

surely its my fault that they didnt state in that menu that it costs tp :smiley: lmao

3 Likes

It’s no need to state it there. You just assumed it was free based on a BETA test, based on an incomplete product in testing. Where they test functions…functions like name changing…And you assume release will be the same?
That is your own fault.

No need? really? Because its that hard to put it there that it costs tp? If they tell you that you can change it in that menu why not add that it costs tp anyways?

I never said it wasn’t hard. Nor did I say that they shouldn’t add that it costs, they can and I am sure it would be appreciated.

But what I AM saying is that they have no reason to give you a name change for free for YOUR mistake.

I do agree it would be better if it was listed in-game, for sure, but the information was made available before-hand. I’ve never created a random name in any game with the intention to change it later, even more so would I not if it was a new game in which you have a chance to reserve a name you like. Changing it later just means you lose that benefit for logging in right at launch because you would be choosing a team name and have to check it against a massive pool of existing names.

It honestly puzzles me why you would choose a random name instead of taking the chance to reserve something you like. To each their own though; it would be nice if it were stated in game, 100%, but you can’t be ripping the company a new one because you wanted to skip a perk of getting in early without first using the search function prior to the game launching.

Hopefully if a staff reads this they take it as a viable suggestion and make changes when possible.

2 Likes