Tree of Savior Forum

Dark Wizard Info+Discussion Thread

The usual build is something like that : https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21fgj.254581.1a2d314a517585.1121314f5a718a95.1a21334b5a63d5
there are few free points that you can put into whatever skill you prefer. And yes, unless you have the vaivora staff ichor this build is mostly single target

Shadowmancer has a lot of survival skills that should be working well in pvp, idk about the other 2

1 Like

Updated the original post with the latest changes.

1 Like

Hi Can I know what skill I should up art first ?

I mean art enchane !?

Thereā€™s an ā€œenhance priorityā€ in the section of each class, it can help you.

yes I want to know which skill I should are enhanced first ? such as invocation pole of agony mastema shadow ccondensation

sry very much guys I got it

thank for reply and update i really appreciate it! :smiley:

Looking for an update on this ā€¦ starting a SM char ā€¦

Yup. Iā€™ve seen people replace Warlock with Bokor. I donā€™t knowā€¦ For my build Iā€™d rather replace SM with Bokor, as I donā€™t like the playstyle of SM at all, I feel the class has no damage skills. Of course it has utility (Shadow Pool, Hallucination), but the rest is really underwhelming. Your best skill is Shadow Condensation, but you need 3 rotations to be able to use it, and when you use it you feel it has no range and no damage at all. Shadow Conjuration does no damage at all and Shadow Thorn is single target. And I still need to understand the usefulness of Infernal Shadowā€¦

Infernal shadow is strongest skill of SM

The only time I use the skill is in TBL to ā€œcloneā€ an opponent and attack his shadow, but the tooltip is so confusing I donā€™t understand what itā€™s supposed to do so I donā€™t see any other use of the skill. Maybe Iā€™m wrong, I was using Sorcerer before until it was impossible to pair with dark wizard so I switched to SM.

I would like to know reasoning behind Ludoā€™s comment on his youtube clip that warlock is nerfed to dead.
Correct me if Iā€™m wrong but warlock dmg skills are nerfed by 20% to justify [Warlock: Darkness] attribute change
old : It just gives additional 20% magic attack per hit, pretty much unnoticeable
new : It gives 20% final dmg for DARK skills which mean any dark class can benefit from it.
Maybe just that #1 wiz on WBR is bokor.
I would say bokor is better at single target and warlock is better at AOE.

I would still continue using warlock in FF+SM build for these reasons.

• mastema and pole of agony can hit both target and infernal shadow at the same time and have same cd as infernal so they are quite good combo.
  • I need AOE in my build

For why I donā€™t replace FF or SM:

• FF is still good for survivability.
    Blood curse looks like nerfed at glance. But as result I donā€™t need to worry about having lingering dmg for lifesteal anymore. Short cd makes my HP full most of the time. Still miss permanent life steal though.
    Not denying that blood sucking take a huge blow though. Still need to hit something to recover few HP is so bad with its small AOE.
  • SM
    hallucination is so good for channeling kurdaitcha.
    Infernal shadow also good for kurdaitcha for mobile bosses.
    Shadow thorn is good as always.

Exactly: you lose 20% of SFR but regain those 20% with the attribute. The only thing you lose is the pointless flat dark property damage from before. Maybe there was a future nerf in kToS? Or Bokor is simply better than Warlock with the new rebalance?

Iā€™m reluctant to remove Warlock because Iā€™m attached to the class being what I played on my first character (the old Wizard-Ele-Warlock build). I love the playstyle of WL + FF combo. And I liked Bokor when it was a dark summoner class in my WL/Sorc/Bokor build, so Iā€™m tempted to replace SM with Bokor when I will respec my dark wizard (currently waiting naked in the lodge).

Yeah. HP cost is halved, so you can use the full effect. Plus I was considering the full HP refill as a bug (curse applied before the skill and not after) so itā€™s more like a fix and not a nerf. Plus you still have Blood Sucking in case you need to refill HP more.

1 Like

Itā€™s true that SM has only two useful direct damage skills (thorn and condensation), but when considering damage output you need weight in Diffuse Reflection vaivora. With that, shadow thorn can hit up to 5 targets (so it can hit infernal shadow) and it gets another hit, so, you get:

Shadow thorn damage x2 (basic attribute) x2 (extra hit of vaivora) x4 (using all overheats of thorn) x2 (being able to hit infernal shadow)

And on top of that, thorn gets -5s cooldown and +2 skill level, also since it has more hits, get stacks super fast. Fetter can reduce magic defense up to 20% and thorn can also ignore 10% of defense when hitting blinded targets

So it is safe to say that SM is still viable till the next patch? can someone link me to SM changes?

No significant change on SMā€¦ the viability which is questionable is the whole dark wiz build itself.
Warlock is a bit mediocre before so everyone going taoist for huge single target dps. And loosing taoist synergy on this patch has a really big impact.
People still testing if Bokor can be on par with taoist and as of now, its hard to tell since this weeks WBR (tini bros) favors AoE classes so we cant really tell if new dark wiz can still compete for the top spot.

(but iā€™ve read somewhere before that new bokor sm still tops dps in ktos)

we already know what bokor can do, and yes you go bokor, you even go bokor as pyro-ele if you wanna boss.
ktos is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of us, no need to experiment.

Look at it like this :
Warlock : +20% dark damage, all skills damage nerfed by 20%
Bokor : 15% mdef shred, 10% min crit chance, new skills

First thing is : 15% mdef shred beats 20% dark damage, every day of the week. The way damage calculation works in this game makes defense shred incredibly powerful, so powerful they nerfed every skill that had more than20% of it a few months ago.

Second thing is : IMC sucks at maths. If you diminish something by 20% then give it a 20% buff the numbers end up lower than what they were at the beginning
Example: Pole of Agony lv 15 used to be 1053 SF, nerfed by 20% itā€™s 841.8% now. If you give a 20% boost to 841.8 you end up with 1010.8 SF. Itā€™s not much but still a loss.

Iā€™ve been testing the new bokor and it feels quite powerful, hereā€™s what I found :

• Effigy targets every enemy that has the debility debuff, so you can combo wheelchair zombie into effigy to apply the dot on tons of monsters
  • Bwa Kamyian feels useless? It seems like the whole point of the class is stacking debuffs and this one removes everything for boosting bad damage ?
  • Zombify using capsules is retarded and makes no sense since every other class has stopped using consumbles months ago

Stuff about FF :

• Blood Bath doesnā€™t lock enemies in place anymore, the healing is terrible now and the blood bath effect stops when the enemy dies. Triple nerf to an already terrible skill, thanks IMC
  • it seems like they fixed the detection on Blood Sucking and now if opponent enter your aoe theyā€™ll get damaged ? Nice buff, helps balancing the healing nerf

All in all it feels like WL is still good for map/questing and that SM is still only viable if you have the Vaivora staff, so for the builds Iā€™d say :
Optimal build : SM FF Bokor
Casual build to mess around in maps : SM FF WL
Build if you donā€™t have the vaivora : FF WL Bokor

What do you think about that Bokor build ?
Debility 15
Effigy 15
Zombify 5
Samedi 5
Damballa 5

Iā€™ll update the main post once I understand Bokor a little more

2 Likes

Fetter already lets you ignore 20% mdef though, and with the reductions capping at 15% in most endgame targets, the Curse mdef reductions becomes useless.

However Fetter says ā€œIgnores Magic Defense by X%ā€, while Curse says ā€œDecreases Magic Defense by X%ā€. So maybe they stack? In that case, it is potentially very overpowered.

The AoE detection has been working like this for a while already, so unfortunately, the ep13 patch brings nothing but a nerf to the skill.

I REALLY wish Imc would reduce the duration of Blood sucking by half, but also make it tick twice as fastā€¦ in terms of healing this skill is pretty much dead anyways, and we canā€™t really bring out its true dps potential because it is a very long channel. No one has 10sec free in their rotation to use it entirely
:sad:

Agreed 100% with your Bokor skill distribution. Mackangdal is unecessary and Bwa Kayiman feels like a joke skill. Like seriously, how did imc think it was fine and then released it in this state? It literally does less dps than Kundela Slash and Earthquake, and the debuff removal is a huge dps lossā€¦ It honestly feels like Imc missed a zero when typing in the skill factor of this skillā€¦

I tried Bokor and I hated it. It looks cool, and is powerful yes, but gg itā€™s one of the least fun classes Iā€™ve ever played.