Tree of Savior Forum

[Damage Guide] The big formula, modifier types, and how they interact!

I mean, what type of modifier it is?

Made a calculation of Snipe crit damage with Lolopanther Musket, Divine Might, Monster Gem, Thaum buff, Cloacking and maxed attribute.

The result is 215k damage)

198k w/o cloacking.

If we add here elemental buffs and damage gems, it will go even higher)

Thanks for this, it was very informative and actually helps quite a lot if I ever decide to make a damage dealing character :smiley:

Youā€™re forgeting lots of buffs.

xD

And modifier wise.
Itā€™s AA modifier. It adds 200% atk after an AA.
So that doesnt change skills or anything else and is non enhanceable.

Itā€™s additional damage, as far as i know. And suspect to the min-max atk.

ā€“
Deedā€™s of Valor
Steady Aim
Decay~ (donā€™t aks why, just read decay description)

You can get buffs from other classes to that enhance ATK with spiritual link.
And seriously check decay xD.

Yeah, I know whatā€™s Decay, just forgot about it. And I included steady aim, but forgot to mention it.

As for my previous question, I think you misread it. I was asking about Steady Aim not Running Shot)

Also I know you can share buffs through link but didnā€™t know itā€™s working with deeds of valor, so I included only Gung Ho. (Yet stacking deeds on archer in real situationā€¦).

My calculation will actually work vs any moster, considering that its defense was nullified with armor break. And I agree, including Decay is important)

BTW, I donā€™t remember what is actual bonus from Decay, 50%? And what type of modifier it is?

Tier 2 if i remember correctly.

And it should be 50%.

Still sadā€¦ itā€™s not 100%.

And steady aim is Tier1, as far as i remember.
I never bothered that much with itā€¦ whereā€™s that darn list againā€¦ i have over 200 links in my tos folderā€¦

If steady Aim is Tier 1 then itā€™s not that great for Snipe, and damage will be much lower. I though itā€™s tier 2 just like quick cast +50% bonus damage. (So it would actually turn 400% snipe damage into 580%. But this way itā€™s just 445%. I really doubt itā€™s T1, tbh, since itā€™s not really skill damage (that listed in skill description). I think Decay is most probably Tier 2 along with Steady Aim. So I assume they stack additively.

So without assumption of Deeds of Valor final damage would be 289k)

Tier 1 , Tier 2 and tier 3 are pretty much the same thing. You are probably mistaking for Tier 0 or Attack modifier like cloaking. Or do you mean that it wouldnt get added together with other tier 2ā€™s right? Oh thats probably what you meant.

But yeah, snipers 400% is def a tier 1.

Check that tier list again xD.
ā€¦Yup itā€™s tier 2. Makes it actually worse ^^.
And T1~3 are the same. Just that 1, 2, 3 multply each other and are better then 3 tier of one kind.

ā€“
T1 : Skill Damage Modifiers
These are the modifiers that are directly listed on the skill tooltips right in front of the skillā€™s raw attack value.
Modifiers of this tier include Meteor, Stone Shot, and Claymore.

T2 : Common Modifiers
The main bulk of the modifiers. A lot of things in here will end up being added together in the game as they are rather common.
Modifiers
of this tier include Elemental Properties, the Missile penalty, hidden
modifiers like Ice Bolt and Cartar Stroke, certain attributes like Quick
Cast : Magic, and so on.

T3 : Target Modifiers
The modifiers here
are all dependant on what you hit, what type of attack you hit it with,
and so on. This includes all of the Armor-type modifiers, but also some
Size-related modifiers and certain attributes Thereā€™s no real
distinction between these modifiers and T2 modifiers, but these all have
something to do with what state the enemy is in or what itā€™s properties
are.

Actually itā€™s better this way)
If it was tier 1 damage would be much lower, at least for snipe. And for other skills it would mostly be the same (since usually T1 is 0%), unless you hit an enemy with Decay applied.

Yep, I did calculations assuming this. And I applied the same logic to Steady Aim and decided itā€™s most probably Tier 2. So now the damage is quite accurate :slight_smile:

Though that I forgot bonus damage to flying but then I remembered itā€™s only for bows)

yeah, Muskets lack some good weapon passives,a pistol passive which is cool but tottaly useless and a rifle passive that you mostly wont see use either.

Atm.

Iā€™m not tha tmuch of a fan of musketer.
Only one reason.

My build synergies better with cannoner xD.
Shotdown is just to goodā€¦ for many reasons.

But that snipe dps is strong ^^. And will grow stronger.
Itā€™s 14k dps at level 15ish? (raw withotu bonus)

Yeah, 1% chance to kill small mob is ridiculous. You will most likely one-shot them anyway.

As for pistol passive, itā€™s actually pretty good for PvP. But I wonder if it applies only to pistols (the description says ā€œgunā€, but itā€™s probably translation mistake).

Yet musketes are made this way to not become too overpowered. They have very powerful skills in exchange. And this 1% chance is just a small boost for mobbing speed at higher level areas (when you are aoutoattacking while skills are on cd, occasional kill vs 150k hp enemy is not that bad).

Add here +2 from Lolopanther and +2 from monster gem/DM, and it will be even more)

But yeah, shutdown too good in parties (solves all the problems C3 elems might possibly have).

^^

If i make an PvP Archer.

I would probably build.

AA bonus is good for leveling.
Pavis is nice for pvp.
Stoneshot too.
Fletcher for bleed, shield remove and triple atk on cloth targets.
Scout~
Musketer ^^

But stat wiseā€¦ i would need to build pure sprā€¦
As physical atkerā€¦ you need to remember.
Enemys can block yoru atks.
AND high level mobs block alot. Not as much as stoenskin priestā€¦ but stillalot.

I would like to see some QS+Musketeer vids with Running Shot+Kneeling Shot+Chrono 3 buff) Must be fun)

And add up chaplain for max fun)

And Linker 3 with another full DEX musketeer o_O.

I want to see this.

I think Iā€™ve decided what setup I will try first with my premade party)

Youā€™d rather get stone picking at least level 5 for this) Picking them by 1 is a pain.

Only fun if you have under 50 ms ping.

Galting gun builds. I have seen it.

The atkspd is about 2,3~3 atks/ second. Which is like 6,9~9 Atks/seconds with the add damage. (note kneeling+qs is about 1,8atk/sec)

But you need Archer 3, QS3 and a Chronomancer. To make it really shine.

Not related:

Considering that every staff C deals damage as ( Phys - physdef) * 1.5 + crit atk.

my doubt is, does that staff damage is ( phys + matk*2 + AMP - phydef)*1.5 + critatk or (phys - physdef)1.5 + critatk + (matk2 +AMP - mdef) ? This is my whole doubt because if its 1 the staff is really good but if its 2 the staff is kinda weak.

Can somebody explain this?

It deals like ~2635 damage
But according to tosbase on the level1 It should be
(2832 + atk) * 3 = at least 8500
if I apply the given formula.
http://www.tosbase.com/database/skills/31104/
What is possibly wrong? Mob armor type (leather) could be involved, but still the difference is too big.

Old vid probably. R7 classes were buffed hard, especially cannoneer.