Tree of Savior Forum

[Damage Guide] The big formula, modifier types, and how they interact!

Theres actual more oddities with those values.

3200/1.4=2286 Estimated atk value
3200*1.5=4800 5600-4800=800 800/1.4= 571 estimated critical attack value

Normal Critical Attack without lunge
(2286*1.5)+571 (1.4)= 5600
Geras Critical Attack without lunge
(2286
1.5)+571 * (1.5) * (1.4) = 8400 (Hmmm…)
Critical attack Difference without lunge

Normal Spear with lunge
(2286*1.5)+571 * (1.5) * (1.4) = 8400 (The provided value is 8,200 for some reason?)

Critical Geras spear with lunge
(2286*1.5)+571 * (2) * (1.4) = 11200

Your Hypothesis with critical hits
((22861.5)+571) * (1 +0.5) * (1.4) + (1044+1300) * (0+0.5) = 9572
or ((2286
1.5)+571) * (1 +0.5) * (1.4) + ((2286*1.5)+571) * (0+0.5) = 10400
Doesn’t really work with crits in either scenario. Should be exact given how I derived the values.

I am just gonna go with these values aren’t conclusive enough to say anything. Would actually have to have values from character with gear meant specfically to test something like this. For example minus max attack gems on a geras with nothing else on. Against mobs with know defenses, and not being weak or resistant to piercing.

Yeah i know it’s weird.
Also my last calculation just try to catch same value as damage sees at his comparison.
Absolutely wrong calculation indeed … LOL

ah this make me confuse
i try to make a pvp Hoplite without getting point at stabbing and max Throwing
but seeing this video make me think twice :grin:

What about Highlander’s Vertical Slash?
“Deals additional damage on medium and large-type enemies according to how much their defense has been decreased by Skull Swing.”
Does this mean if 100 defence was lowered, 100 damage will be added?

Then it says:
“An additional bonus damage will be applied depending on the amount of harmful effect that have been applied to the enemy.”
Skull Swing being 1 harmful effect, would it increase damage futher? And by how much?

Thanks

Nothing can really be concluded from the video. We can speculate all day, but for any relevant tests we’d need his exact stats, skill levels and Enhance levels and need to do all those skills without any equipment to check their values and only then try throwing spear with Geras Spear.

No clue. I dont have a Highlander C3 to test. All I’ve heard is that it’s quite underwhelming of a boost, but don’t quote me on that.

As I was reading through the formula this staff came to mind http://www.tosbase.com/database/items/273109/

is the C additional damage an attack modifier or a bonus?

Very likely Attack Modifier, dealing your Magical Attack x2 instead of the usual physical damage it deals. It’s a level 220 staff though, so I obviously havent gotten to test with it since I dont play kTOS.

wait , instead? Wouldnt the damage be ( matk2 + phys) or would it be just matk2 ? cause the first would make this staff on a umbilical cord party very interesting

Second~

Only deals matk.

But it literally gives you triple AA damage.

Triple? You mean it would be matk3 instead of matk2 then?

Your Matk + Matk*2= 3 times matk.

Easy math ^^.
It increases matk damage of c attack. By double your matk.

Right, it’s +200%, not just 200%. Says it increases the damage dealt by 200% of your Matk.

Then again, that could also mean it IS the original physical + magic attack x2.
Do you have the staff to test, @greenfoxy21?

No i don’t.

But staff dps is MAtk.
And any Matk weapon will deal always Matk.

Like how an Mace with patk, but has some matk. Doesn’t deal both. It deals primary attribute first.

xD

Test it out yourself when Obt comes. But trust me.
If by any logic, what i said will apply.

Makes that kind of AA about as strong as an Energybolt + Sleep attribute at 150% bonus dps.(Without attribute)

([100%matk+low skill atk]*1,5+150% matk)

Energy Bolt and it’s attribute are in the same tier.

It’d be (Matk + Skill Atk) * (100% + 50% + 150%)
So yeah, about as strong, though bolt is still slightly more :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder if defense can be negative? For example if I use Rodelero shield push on enemy with 0 defense, will the defense become -225?

Also I wonder how it works with Armor Break effect (which looks like it nullifies enemy armor). And how % decrease debuffs stack? For example Full Draw -50% + archers -50% will result in -100% or -75% defense?

And finally, will using Cloacking with Snipe will result in (patk*1.5+skill damage)*4 damage? (ignoring other modifiers and defense)
And is +300% damage multiplier on Meteor (and Snipe) actually added on top of skill damage? (according to formula). Meaning, the real skill damage is 4 times higher then it’s said in the description.

Defense doesnt go negative, but your final damage can if a mobs defense is too high (which even cuts into your bonus damage if you have something like sacrament active).

% debuffs should stack multiplicatively, but I have yet to test this.

Snipe Level 5 with Cloaking and say, 500 Patk = ((500 * 1.5) + 5997) * 400%
Same goes for meteor, they’re both T1.

Yeah, I’ve already figured out the fact about negative damage when saw corsair lvl 180 doing 1 damage crits) That’s why I though that defense can also go negative with flat reduction (making Rodelero shield bash super effective). Also I still wonder how defense and % defense reductions work together. Will have to do some tests when iOBT starts.

And wow, that really makes % damage skills much better in my eyes. Before I’d usually prefer multihits to them because I though that % increase works only on patk, but this way it really hurts. Now I understand how people reached those 100k+ damages.

Also, any info about steady Aim? Is it the same type as Quick Cast attribute?

The C of staffs deal phys damage doesnt it though?

Nope.

It’s not an attribute. It’s in the skill itself.
If it’s a buff, it is shareable too.

Really?

That woudl be weird.