Tree of Savior Forum

[Damage Guide] The big formula, modifier types, and how they interact!

Yes, Defense is very underwhelming as a stat from the get go. There are currently only 1 or 2 buffs which make DEF relevant. Evasion and Block are the current primary stats to mitigate damage.

Also @eternaldream, ‘Enemy Specific Damage’ has no effect on Additional Attacks? Just double checking :smile:

Not sure. Would have to check, but I think it might (ele damage affects it)

Anyone have any idea what affects the damage of Tet Mamak La?

favourites

thanks!

Confirming that damage calculation in general hasn’t changed one bit in kOBT.

In other words, the Nexon skill tables you can find on their official site should be taken with a big bowl of salt, as there’s outdated/wrong stuff on there. Umbo Blow is listed as gaining 150%, which only holds true for Cloth Enemies. It’s still 100%/200% for Plate/Leather!

Updated Energy Bolt Sleep and Lethargy since they fixed those, and added Steady Aim

Balance comes from the whole rather than a part.

Those games with atk/def calculation ends up having to scale up exponentially because both HP AND DEFENSE goes up. Eventually it’ll get to the point where the lower defense cloth/leather class just get one-shot:
For example, say a tank have 1500 HP, 75% damage reduction, if a boss is to kill said rank in 3 hits then it’d have to hit for at least 500 post-reduction, i.e. 2000 before. But by logic of weaker armor + range class, the range player have only 1000 HP + 40% reduction…so he dies in one hit because the gear doesn’t offer enough defense.
And buffing the range’s defense/nerfing the boss’s damage aren’t possible because:
buff range’s defense - this messes with PvP
nerf boss’s damage - this makes tanking and healing even easier, and the fight loses its tension because unless the healer fall asleep the tank, now lasting even longer due to lower boss damage, won’t die.

Games like Starcraft, DnD, etc have also found balance even without using % reduction.

Or heck, look at XCOM if you want a more recent example.

1 Like

Just an question.

Like what would happen, if an psychokino makes you “fly” attribute in pvp (if that works).
And before it ends, you jump and use stomping.

The hight of flying enemies is about as high as a jump.
So would that jump-jump height, actually double the modifier (2 times the dps, not 1.)?

Something about Psykino.

Spirit Pressure is Magic Attack+ 2x(skilldamage).
Which means its Growth is actually 80/78 dmg per skill point, not 40/39 as the tooltip would imply.

Telekinesis seems to have some kind of damage modifier based on enemy distance. Eg if you move them from Left to right over your head, you do more damage then slamming them left to left. Even then the damage that comes out is randomized by something.

Quick update :

I am currently on ToS hiatus until iTOS releases. I have too much work with other things right now, especially exams soon, and will not be playing kTOS, so no updates from there from me.

Dude, can you explain this video please ?
I thought it’s very weird according to your formula

youtu.be/BVz9r3NBz2Q

level 15 stabbing has 399 attack
Level 5 Throwing spear 1044 ( 2088 with Geras Spear )
and at this video his stabbing damage far more powerfull than Throwing spear
So Weird

Stabbing @3k / hit
Throwing spear 4k
Even his normal attack 2k/hit ( Critical )

I would guess different enhance damage attribute values on the skills.

For Instance his ordinary attacks do 1300~. Add 399 for stabbing and you would end up with 1699 for stabbing without any attributes. Then if he had it all the way up to +100% damage attribute he would be able to get it up to 3400~ a hit.

His throwing spear was 4200kish. So 1044+1300= 2344. 4200/2344= 1.79. So likely his attribute is only 80%~ on throwing spear.

so the attribute 100% damage also include our normal attack ?
not only the skill damage itself ?
i.e 1300 + ( 399 x 2 ) = 2098 ?

But for throwing spear he use Geras Spear ( increase 100% damage using throwing spear )
idk about the attribute
How’s the formula for this ?

For Geras Spear, I would suspect T3

Enhance damage occurs at almost the very end. So it pretty much includes almost everything but things like blessing.

So it would be (1300 + 399)*2= 3398

If he is using Gera Spear (1044+1300)(2)(enhance)=
Though by those values he should at least be getting 4688. So either his Throwing spear isn’t level 5, or possibly the boost from gera spear occurs before things like elemental attack values.

Can only really speculate since we don’t have the actual stats of the player.

Here’s what he reply on my comment at Youtube

" stabbing level 10 attribute 40%
Throwing level 5 attribute 40% "

Stabbing level 10 only 282
It’s make more weird about the calculation, LOL
But he said he use spear lunge before stabbing 50% damage more on pierce
But at 1:09 i didn’t see spear lunge ( if i’m not mistaken )
and does spear lunge hit multi enemy ? ( AOE )

Hope he want to make another video to compare about this 2 skills

His other comparison

*Skill Throwing Spear ( Normal Spear vs Geras Spear )
----------------------- Normal Attack ------------ Crit Attack
Normal Spear ----- 3.200 ------------------------ 5.600
Geras Spear ------ 4.800 ------------------------ 8.000
Different ----------- 1.600 ------------------------ 2.400
Only 50% Bonus damage

*Skill Throwing Spear ( Normal Spear vs Geras Spear ) + Spear Lunge
----------------------- Normal Attack ------------ Crit Attack
Normal Spear ----- 4.900 ------------------------ 8.200
Geras Spear ------ 6.100 ----------------------- 10.000
Different ----------- 1.200 ------------------------ 1.800

So bonus from Geras spear doesn’t effect with Spear lunge bonus
Normal damage + spear lunge bonus + Geras bonus

idk whats normal spear he use
also Geras spear has add damage to Medium & Large monsters

So

For stabbing it would likely be (1300+282)(1.5)(1.4)= 3322 which is within expected range. At the 1:09 point one of his spear lunge charges was used right before the piercing. It is really easy to miss the skill use unless your watching the skill bar. Looks like he hit 3 enemies with it.

Yeah it looks like that Spear lunge, and Geras is on the same tier for their bonus. Which would likely be T3 which pop_coe14 mentioned earlier. Though I would have expected the normal spear be 4800, and Geras be 6400. Odd that the attack difference narrowed by 400 points.

None of this can really be added to the modifier list though since the topic creator is on hiatus.

ah i tought Throwing spear damage will far powerfull than stabbing
but i’m wrong.
Must recalculate the simulator T.T

Though I would have expected the normal spear be 4800, and Geras be 6400. Odd that the attack difference narrowed by 400 points

with or Without spear lunge ?

With Spear Lunge. Approximately I would have expected it to go like this

Without Spear lunge

Normal Spear (1044+1300) * (1) * (1.4) = 3282

Geras Spear (1044+1300) * (1 +0.5) * (1.4) = 4922

Difference 1640

With spear lunge

Normal Spear (1044+1300) * (1 +0.5) * (1.4)= 4922

Geras Spear (1044+1300) * (1 +0.5 + 0.5) * (1.4)= 6563

Difference 1641

Indeed
but it’s turn like this (1044+1300) * (1 +0.5) * (1.4) + (1044+1300) * (0+0.5) = 6094
The attribute didn’t apply to spear lunge with Geras spear but did apply to normal spear with spear lunge.
More weirder when without spear lunge the attribute did apply to Geras spear.

also Geras spear not 100% but only 50% damage apply
When it says Increase 100% damage when using Throwing spear
Maybe it’s mean 100% throwing spear damage ( 1044 ) not normal damage + throwing spear damage

so its like this ( 1044 + 1300 + 1044 ) * ( 1.4 ) = 4743