Tree of Savior Forum

[Damage Guide] The big formula, modifier types, and how they interact!

Ooh, here’s a question.

What all effects Bleed and Poison ticks?

Great job reverse engineering the damage formula!

Honestly…I have no idea. It’s based on STR in some way and definitely takes your physical attack into account as well, but how it works is a mystery to me.

I’ll try work something out but yeah…

Edit:
Found it~

Bleed = (Skill Attack + Attack) * 0.435

At least, this is for Crosscut. Thrust’s bleed, if it actually worked, claims it scales with Strength, so it probably works on a skill to skill basis. Oh, and, ofcourse, you add Elemental Attack and T4 at the end, so like this:

((Skill Attack + Attack) * 43.5%) + (Elemental Attack * Elemental Modifier) + T4

Urgh, time to modifiy the formula again, because Shield Charge has another modifier type EVEN EARLIER THAN T0!

It halves your attack outright before even adding the skill’s attack. This is pretty much the earliest possible modifier a skill can have, and seriously puts a dent in the damage. RIP Shield Charge.

Nice~

Finally a summary of all this.
I had a few tidbits around for my own use.

Dind’t know bounced ob shot ignores the penalty… that’s why sometimes it hit for a tad more dps. Just 8% more for an non +10 bow.

I’ve noticed this as well, Though it seems to be any enemies in a private quest instance have this modifier, not just bosses. But the modifier isn’t in every instance.

I’m not sure if it’s a bug but there are a few bosses in private instances that will take full damage.

Hi guys. Sorry to bother you.

I’ve read through the posts and I just wanted to make sure I don’t end up confusing myself with my very limited math skills. Suppose I’m using an Archer skill Oblique Shot that has the skill damage of “200”. I have a crossbow with a damage of “100”. If I level up my oblique shot attribute to level 35 ( which is +35% ), is the total damage going to be (( 200*135% ) + 100 ) = “370” dmg… Or is it going to be ( (100+200) * 135% ) = “405” ?

Basically does the attribute level work on only the value of the Skill attack or does it work on the final combined value of Skill attack + normal attack ?

And another question. If I insert +crit rate or + crit dmg or +dmg gems into my off-hand. ( could be a shield or arde dagger maybe ), will it add to the my final dmg and crit rating if I just auto attack with my crossbow or use oblique shot with my crossbow ? Basically… will my offhand item add anything to my normal main hand attack if I don’t use any skills that requires the off-hand weapon ? ( All I know is that the fire bonus from Arde dagger does get added to the final dmg, but I don’t know about the crit rates/dmg/ gems stuff )

Great job on finding out how the dmg calculations are in this game guys !! :slight_smile:

Well, for one, the crossbow’s attack will be added to your existing base attack in your stat window, from STR and other sources.

Then you just plug in the numbers really.
(((Skill Attack + (Attack * (100% + Attack Modifier)) + (random(0% … 100%) * Magic Amplification) * (100% + T0)) - ((Defense - Defense Debuff) * (100% + Level Penalty))) * (100% + (0 or 50% if crit)) + (0 or Critical Attack) + (Elemental Attack * Elemental Modifier)) * (100% + T1) * (100% + T2) * (100% + T3) * (100% + Enhance) + T4

I’ve highlighted the parts actually used for your example. As you can see, Enhance attribute is way at the end, so it multiplies the combined value.

For your off-hand question, they’re still stats. They get added to your status window like any other source and used for everything even if it does not at all involve said offhand.

Thank you ! :smile:

Another quick question, for the off-hand arde dagger… I assume it’ll be pointless to upgrade it right? Because from what I understand, the dagger’s physical attack dmg doesn’t get added if I just use the crossbow to attack… only the stats from gems will have some effect like you said.

The dagger’s damage will be added to the “secondary physical attack” stat, which determines the damage of your C attack with the dagger

I’m not sure how skills that use a dagger work though, as I do not have a Rogue with Backstab myself. I assume they simply use your normal attack power and not the secondary, but I don’t know for sure.

I see. Thank you very much for your clarifications. :smile:

Scratch my earlier reply. This is freaking hilarious.

Yes. It goes negative. And it multiplies that number with your modifiers!

Your damage on enemies with higher defense than your attack is actually BETTER with PENALTIES (say, Slash on Plate)

100 Attack, 150 Defense, Crit Hit with 50 Crit Attack, on Plate:
100 - 150 * 1.5 + 50 * 0.75 = “-18.75” Damage (becomes 1)

Same, on Cloth
100 - 150 * 1.5 + 50 * 1.5 = “-37.5” Damage.

How did I figure this out when it just becomes 1?
Level Penalties, incredibly lucky stat values and a Level 1 Thrust that made me go positive again after adding my Critical Attack.

Well, that means that elemental damage is technically effected by defense, assuming you run out of base attack first.

It also means that theoretical uber def/mdef builds are slightly more viable than previously thought in pvp.

Full draw halving defense and Crossbow mastery.
When do they factor in defense checks.

Would also be nice if someone could datamine all the hidden base damage amplifiers of skills. Some skills like Stone Shot and Meteor already have theirs shown, I hope IMC decides to show on every skill too so it is possible to min-max w/o doing so much tests.

The problem is they’re not the same type. They should definitely list them, but not in the same place like Stone Shot or Meteor (xx% + raw), because then you’d think they were T1’s instead of T2’s.

Full draw being a debuff, you just take the monsters defense and do -50% (in the defense debuff part)

Crossbow Mastery is on a per hit basis so that goes after it, but I still need to figure out if that’s multiplicative or additive to the level penalty modifier.

Added Umbo Blow’s stagger modifier. Changes per armor type:

200% on Plate, 250% on Cloth, 300% on Leather.

Stagger is inflicted on a mob (if it doesn’t resist it at random) when you block it. Can be both with C or just natural block.

Hey EternalDream,

This is a really good guide to help your fellow players. Many thanks for setting this up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Japanese simulation?

is this?