Tree of Savior Forum

[Damage Guide] The big formula, modifier types, and how they interact!

I’ve been partied with an SR asking me to do lethargy? does pistol from their skills deal strike damage?? was checking that skill sim but they displayed SR skill are all missile attacks

When all spells are on cooldown or depending on builds, wizzards should use lethargy because even on their weapon it’s said strike type. (30 second duration debuff is a lot)

Meanwhile even when you are monk or rodelero 600+strenght you almost never see any lethargy in Siaulai or dungeons xD.

yes I know, that is why I’m asking how come the SR was asking for lethargy, thought they were dealing with missile damage. I always use lethargy since I have a sapper and a monk so I know how that benefits me and gives a huge boost

Wanna ask: Damballa skill is 200% + 1000
So how to calculate my damage?
For example:
Matk = 1000
Mamp = 200 (you can take it in average is 200*50% = 100)
Holy property attack = 200
Dark property attack = 50
My attribute level = 50%
Target is Hexed (dark property + 30%) (damballa is Dark property)
Assume that: the target has no resist and neutral to Dark and Holy and Hex do not reduce target’s resist.
Thx

tos.neet.tv or even the kr version lists skills according to their damage type.

((1000 (Damballa) + 1000 (Matk)) + (0~200 Mamp) + 200 Holy + 50 Dark) * 2 (200% Damballa) * 1.3 (130% Hex) * 1.5 (150% Attribute) = 8775~9555 not accounting for enemy’s magic defense.

It shouldnt matter for the SR…unless there’s some skill interaction going on like Lethargy/Earthquake. You’re right, all their attacks are (or should be) missile.

I think it should be [(1000 (Matk) + Mapm + Holy + dark) x2 + 1000 (damballa) ] x 1.3 (hex) x 1.5 (att)

It isn’t. The 200% that is shown on skill tooltips (like damballa, meteor, stone shot etc. goes after skill attack, attack, and all that. It’s the “Skill Modifier” part in the formula.

I know it seems weird given how the game says “200% + 1000”, but that’s just how it is.

Thank you very much.

I wanna ask about the addition property attack.
Could my Damballa get another line ?
For example Sacrement : +40 property and +40 addition property

Additional Property attacks like Sacrament and Enhance Fire only affect normal attacks (Z)

Update

-Added Soul Element (kToS only for now) and added the Holy/Dark penalty on themselves (also kToS only)

-Added all Skill Damage Modifiers that were still missing. Let me know if I missed one somewhere.

Does it include R8 skills as well? Volley Fire (Musketeer) has +200% Skill Damage Modifier, similar to Headshot.

High guard’s bonus seems to be additive with the staggered bonus for umbo blow. Makes me think murmillo’s cassis crista is going to end up the same (being a target modifier).

Strange, it doesnt say it does 300% + X on the tosbase simulator.

I’ll add it if you could confirm it really has it in the ingame tooltip.

My bad, just did some proper testing. Seems like +150% instead of +200%, not quite sure which modifier it is though. The modifier isn’t shown in the tooltip and the damage display is split into 4 numbers.

29510 damage.
4684 skill base dmg.
50% attri.
727-763 phy atk.
20 cri atk.
202 target def.

(( 4684 + [727~763] - 202) * 1.5 + 20 ) * 2.5 * 1.5 = [29375~29578]

Seems like it’s within range.

Yeah, seems like +150%. Since there’s no other modifiers going on here I dont know if it’s a Common or Target modifier though. Since it doesn’t seem to be based on anything and is just integral to the skill, it’s most likely a common. But then seism and earth wave aren’t based on anything either and their in a different tier (under target) so…¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess I can try to get someone to Spear Lunge a target for me tomorrow and see how it stacks to determine whether it’s Common or Target.

Lethargy + reiter skill combo was removed (reiter is missile gun now, no longer missile secondary strike). I do not know if other missile skills are still missile secondary pierce so they might not combo with spear lunge debuff anymore.

Musket buttstroke affects most gun skills now (reiter skill too, and probably hakka pistol shot, corsair3 pistol, and cannon?).

Looks like they also fixed Spear Lunge boosting missile damage. Tested with Volley Fire and it didn’t receive any boost.

1 Like