Tree of Savior Forum

[Damage Guide] The big formula, modifier types, and how they interact!

New Addition

• Barbarian : Pouncing = 2% chance for +200% on Stun, Target Modifier.

(WHY IS IT RNG??? Stuns only last for 1~3 seconds! My god IMC…what did Barbarian C3 ever do to you?)

1 Like

I wonder if the new Hoplite c3 attribute medium hunter will be T2? That will be hella strong.

Considering the 2H Large/Boss attribute on dragoon is T2, it is very likely that the 1H medium on Hoplite is too. Would need confirmation of course, but I’m fairly sure on this one.

Another fun fact of the day : Giant Swing is essentially Spear Throw/Gae Bulg/Shield Lob with an enemy instead of a weapon. It deals AoE damage on impact, even if it doesnt hit enemies as you’re spinning around.

…too bad aiming it isn’t even a thing. The direction you grab an enemy in is the one you’ll be throwing in, so lining that up is horrible.

Lol I find that weird abut giant swing. it would be funny if it could bang enemies to a wall then follow up with cartar stroke. I’m glad they’re making efforts to C3 classes lol

Modified the formula to leave out any T[X] mentions. With the addition of Rapier Mastery, I’d just be adding more and more numbers as stuff was found. You can still refer to them as their tiers, I probably will, but for convenience’s sake the main post will only call them by name from now on.

New Additions

• Fencer : Rapier Mastery Aggression = +3%~+15%, Enhance Modifier (Yep, it’s additive alright.). Credit to @kradenmike4 for testing this one for me.

• Cataphract : Doom Spike = +170%, Target Modifier
    Earth Wave : +150%, Target Modifier.
    Just a re-confirmation for Earth Wave.

I have a doubt with multi-hit skill’s damage.

I have read a lot of posts but i’m not sure how they work, usually they just say that each real multi hit is counted as an individual attack but they don’t say anything about what is the skill damage in a multi-hit skill.

Displayed skill damage in the skill description is added on each hit as the skill damage and then we apply the formula, or the skill damage is divided for the numer of multi-hits of the skill and then the formula is applied?

I’m really worried about this, it can mean everything for my build in rank 8, i’ll end in rank 7 as a corsair c3 and i need something like dragoon, but the damage seems very low compared to the rank 8 new options, it will be very different if the damage of the skills is totally added on each hit, but i’m not sure about that.

@EternalDream

Any idea if the claims that higher lvl spear lunge increases its success rate is true? This was from awhile back on the swordsman forums where someone posted linked some taiwanese post that claims it works that way.

Depends on the skill.

For example, Stabbing is a true multihit. For that, you do the entire formula with the displayed value for every seperate hit.
But on the other hand there’s fake multihits as well, such as Seism. It may visually do 3 hits, but in reality it goes through the formula once, then splits that value into 3 smaller ones for little reason other than for visual effect.

Things like concentrate and blessing will apply for every hit of a true multihit, but only once on a fake multihit (despite the dark-yellow “concentrate +x” text popping up multiple times). Additionally, you can quickly verify true/fake multihits by hitting quest structures or the wooden debris in Sialau mission. If it hits once, it’s fake. If it hits multiple times, it’s true.

Oh and, Dragoon’s skills are all true multihits as far as C1 is concerned.

I havent done any tests, but I highly doubt it. Perhaps they’re forgetting that mobs with high SPR will more likely resist status effects?

Either way it shouldn’t matter enough to waste skill points on.

Good point, I’ll just leave it at 1 then.

Then if we use serpentine (if its a true multi-hit like hexen dropper) with 920 damage in Lv 5, if it have 7 multi-hits we have 6.440 damage just in the skill damage but we also have to add property attacks, physical attack, effects like concentrate and modifiers for each hit?

If that’s true, the new class, murmillo, isn’t that good as a damage dealer as the people thinks, cause their skills seems to be just one hit and yes they have damage arround 8.000 but they will apply our physical damage, effects and properties just once.

New Additions

• Fencer : Preparation = +100%, Target Modifier

• Dragoon : Gae Bulg = +15%, Target Modifier

Eternal, sorry to bother, let me see if i catch this. Critical Attack is a flat+ Dmg added after the Crit has been succesful? And the Crit % modifier is only 50%?

That is correct.

If you have 100 attack and 30 critical attack, with regular attack on a no defense enemy you’ll do

(100 * 1.5) + 30 = 180

WOW that is really bad, i hope it was multiplier, not flat, it`s time to sell all my Crit Attack things before rank8 hits, and it becomes useless dmg values.

New Addition

• Oghma and Demonas Gauntlet = +25% from Strike/Slash on Leather/Plate respectively. Target Modifier.

Demonas currently does not apply to certain skills, including “Rush” and “Cyclone”. Likely includes other channeled skills such as “Pouncing” as well.

1 Like

Fencer - Epee Garde goes on Common Modifier.
20%~100% or 140%(venier)

I thought Epee Garde was Critical Attack increase?

Are you saying it’s outright +20%*Skill Level damage modifier whenever you crit?

Yes, increase your critical damage, not critical attack(wait, increase that too). But basicaly is the first multiplier, like two hand sword mastery.

do we have a list on which attacks are considered strike slash pierce?

The skill simulator should display all the attack types and elements of a skill.