Tree of Savior Forum

[Damage Guide] The big formula, modifier types, and how they interact!

Added Cleave’s new Slash bonus effect. T3, +50%.

If anyone could check if the skills already listed here are still correct?
I especially need someone to check Wagon Wheel without a 2H sword since I do believe I tested that particular skill with a 2H weapon before I knew about the 10% bonus those weapons have on their own.

Updated Umbo Blow. Being one of the first modifiers ever added into this thread I compared it with very little to know what it adds or multiplies with.
Confirmed now to just be +150% T3 (which in practice doesnt change anything outside of High Guard interaction, which I still need to double double confirm once I get my own Pelt3 in preperation for Murmillo.)

Reaffirmed Seism to be +70% T3 myself.

Added Warcry under enemy Defense modifiers.

Will change level penalty to attack- when that patch arrives here, it’s still def+ for now. Also reaffirmed the current penalty is applied after defense changes.

Updated Stomping Kick slightly, the damage can get really close to -25% by using it absolutely last second. Otherwise it’s still give or take 0% at regular jump height and you cant really abuse more height than that.

WTB Barbarian attribute that gives double jump height and speed.

I’d honestly love it if Stomping Kick got two more attributes, a C2 one removing the rebound (so you can actually use it without locking yourself in all 3 overheats) and the other causing the character to jump up upon using it (even when in the air, so a double jump!) before crashing down on C3.

All these dreams, never to be.
I cri.

Considering the formule there is No Way STR can beat Dex.

Take that to any of the many STR vs DEX threads we have, this thread’s for testing/theory crafting around multipliers on skills or weapons.
I wont say anything on the matter. Both have their benefits.

This doesn’t need to be an attribute, this should just be how the skill works. The animation lock is so bad.

While they’re at it they should give Embowel a reason to exist. Sure it has the second highest base skill damage of all Barb skills now (next to Giant Swing, which also really needs…more to it), but with no overheat, a 30 second cooldown and terrible animation/range…yuck.

Hi, I was told by a friend that Cleave’s slash debuff stacks additively to Skyliner’s bleed debuff bonus, does this mean that the bleed bonus is not actually T0?

It shouldn’t be additive unless they changed it.

I know it was still T0 back on kToS but with all the changes skyliner recieved, who knows. I did ask people to re-affirm some older modifiers on here just to be sure but no one answered cri.

Give me da numbers and I can verify myself, if you or your friend dont feel like doing math right now haha.

Maybe boss card modifiers can be confirmed also? I’m assuming they’re additive at the moment due to consistency with other mechanics, but I could be wrong.

Tomb Lord card for example, increases damage vs boss type.

Ah yes, the boss cards just fall under whatever they modify. Damage vs Boss type = Enemy Specific, Element attack increase = Element attack (obviously)

The ones I’m not sure on are the atk% buffs after HP/SP pot, but if they show in the status window, they’re just attack modifiers.

Are there any really special cards out there that affect damage? I havent really looked into them too much. I will probably add all the damage cards eventually wherever they belong in the list.

Test was on a Hogma Captains and Tontulias in Zachareil. (Leather aka slash neutral)

2k with no debuffs
3k with cleave debuff
4k with cross cut’s bleed
5k with bleed + cleave debuff

Oh, btw:

I noticed from my own tests that elemental atk (from like Arde etc) interact strangely with Enhance% attributes.

With minimal magic amp, I was able to get stable damage range on my necro using Gather Corpse (1-6 variance due to magic amp from Collections). The stability remains when I use a modifier like Quick Cast as well.

However, on a skill with attributes, I saw that instead of being directly multiplied accordingly (153 fire from arde + 50% attribute skill for example, expected result = 153*1.5 = 230~), it was instead adding a Max Fire Attack to the range instead, making it 153~230.

The only instance where this is not applied was with Out of Body, which I assume treats its OOB-form attack as some sort of auto-attack rather than a skill.

Those are pretty arbitrary numbers. I dont know your attack, I dont know your skyliner’s level or if you have it Enhanced, and you mention 2 mobs with different defense amounts…

I cant confirm or deny anything with that.

As for the elemental attack, that’s certainly odd. I’ll have to investigate that more.

Here’s more complete set of data from him. Small sample size, but good enough imo.

Test was conducted on Drakes in Mage Tower:
lvl 113, 9526 hp, 123 def

Using presently known damage formula + modifier positions (bleed at T0, cleave at T3)

• Skyliner: [(371~396)+289-123] *1.3 = 698.1~730.6 (within range)
  • Skyliner (cleave): [(371~396)+289-123] *1.5 *1.3 = 1047.15~1095.9 (slightly off range)
  • Skyliner (bleed): {[(371~396)+289] *2 -123} *1.3 = 1556.1~1621.1 (outside range)
  • Skyliner (bleed+cleave): {[(371~396)+289] *2 -123} *1.5 *1.3 = 2334.15~2431.65 (outside range)

Now, assuming that Bleed is actually in the same modifier stack as Cleave:

• Skyliner (bleed): [(371~396)+289 -123] *2 *1.3 = 1396.2~1461.2 (slightly off range)
  • Skyliner (bleed+cleave): [(371~396)+289 -123] *2.5 *1.3 = 1745.25~1826.5 (slightly off range)

As you can see, based on the numbers provided, there is no way that Bleed is T0 (anymore?), but instead shares the same modifier stack as Cleave (T3?).

Regarding the elemental attack + attributes interaction, I’ll post some test results later if you still need them.

You could’ve done skyliner without a weapon to prevent variance :stuck_out_tongue:

Mmm yeah it’s been changed going by those numbers. That’s really sad, it used to be such a good skill. Now it’s just another one of swordies billion t3 modifers.

New Additions

• Hoplite : Spear Lunge “Pierce” Damage Increase debuff = +70%, Target Modifier

• Dragoon : “Two-handed Spear : Big Game Hunting” attribute = +4~+20% against Large targets and +2~+10% on Boss targets, Common Modifier

Fun fact : Mordschlag has 100% innate critical rate on Leather-type enemies. This is not caused by the cloth attribute, which simply makes it also have 100% on Cloth-type enemies on top of leather.

The more you know /o/

1 Like

Holy hell. No wonder I kept making lower calculations than what I was actually doing when I use spear lunge. Is that dragoon attribute stackable doe?

If you mean if it stacks large + boss together on a boss monster (because they’re Extra Large) then no.

With level 5 attribute :
+20% on Large enemies (bosses excluded)
+10% on Extra Large enemies (bosses)

1 Like

I see. That’s too bad for dragoons :stuck_out_tongue: