Tree of Savior Forum

[Damage Guide] The big formula, modifier types, and how they interact!

Umm, it will reduce damage taken by 200, that’s it. If enemy has multipliers, enhancements, damage reduction will be multiplied as well.

Anyone know if Rune of Ice modifier falls into the same tier as Quick Cast (T2) or not? I don’t see it listed in the OP.

Does this game actually combine attack from weapon+offhand for certain skills?

http://pastebin.com/b68j7HFy

Cannoneer Damage will increase even further based upon ATK of the Cannon

Is this line a bug fix so dmg is calculated base off cannon or does it mean cannoneer skills takes the attack from both xbow and cannon?

It look weird because further down, you have this which seems to suggest those skills are only based off offhand item dmg.

[The following skills now use secondary weapon attack power for damage calculations]
-Pistol Shot
-Backstab
-Concentrated Fire
-Caracole
-Limacon
-Retreat Shot
-Cannon Shot
-Shoot Down
-Siege Burst
-Cannon Blast

Hey OP or anyone well versed in ToS’ damage mechanics, can anyone enlighten me on how PvP and cloth/plate damage reduction modifiers are applied? From my personal tests, there appears to be a 50-60% damage reduction against players after defenses are applied in PvP. Also, when the 3 or 4 set cloth/plate are equipped, there is a 5/15% damage reduction against magical/physical damage.

What category (e.g. T3) in the formula are these modifiers under?

I don’t understand what you meant by:

Freezing Sphere :
+50%

??? Where that 50% came from? What is it?

Freezing Sphere does an extra 50% of your magic attack.
Its just what the skill does.

when to use magic or phyiscal defense in your formula?

hi, how come my damage doesn’t differ that much when I unequip my weapon? only my normal attacks are affected when there are no weapons equipped. this is quite of a concern since this may imply we dont really need to go for better weapons since they don’t increase skill damage at all

Tell us more about your character. Take a screen shot of your ingame character sheet, and the skill you’re using ideally.

working on it.

job: archer. will critical shot do as a demo skill? it’s easier since it has 0 cd

same thing happens with my barrage. it actually doesnt lose any damage at all when taking off my weapon

You have the bow equipped to the quick change slots.

To make archer classes more interchangeable, skills will automatically equip weapons in your quick change slots to match the skill being used. This makes it so bow based classes and crossbow/pistol/cannon classes can be taken on the same build.

I need help, I’m a random swordman 120, I have 400 damage main hand (slash) + 400 damage sub weapon (pierce) and 250 magical damage.
What is the min/ max damage possible ?

I’m not corsair or fencer, it seems my damage are the same with or without the subweapon :o (dirkdagger+5).

Can animus scale with karacha dagger and venier if you are fencer?

Don’t know if Eternal is still playing or updating this thread but

Seism is a 70% modifier, not 50%, and it is additive with the armor bonuses (45% on ghost/plate, 120% on Cloth)

2h Spear also has a 10% modifier.

Earth Wave was a little trickier but came out to a +150% modifier (175% with 2h spear due to 1.1 x 2.5 being 2.75).

Yesterday i just drop a meteor in my friend and just realize that it has suffered a reduction pretty much the same (50%~60%).
even after he take out all his armor the reduction stay the same.
i use meteor lv 4, my matk was 466 magic amplification 42, the enhance on meteor was 0%, and i used quickcast buff +50% matk.
His mdef was less than 100 and no elemental def at all
it has done 5k~ damage, and was suposed to do 12k~
Can someone explain this?

Does anyone know the damage formula of Cure,Effigy & Incineration?

Tosbase says that Cure is (6 + INT)
with 160 int, How did i manage to deal 24k full duration cure damage on a friend?

does Matk play a role somewhere in the formula? Logically it should.

Bonus on medium or large targets on weapon / equipment only for additional damage or also work with damage calculation ?

@Edward
That INT in Cure/Heal/Zaibas description is for calculating those skill’s Skill Attack. They still use the formula in the OP. Since they are magic spells their damage comes from Magic Attack + Skill Attack before multipliers. Magic Attack includes INT and equipment, which mean those skills get INT added to their damage twice and that damage applies to every hit they deal. Incineration is just magic attack + skill attack like normal.

Effigy does Matk + Skill Attack, with a bonus multipler on third hit (or second hit when using Krausas Mace). I’m not sure where in the calculation that multiplier is applied.

@NasiBubur
Bonus damage to monster size is listed in the OP as “Enemy Specific Damage”. It comes after the critical hit 50% bonus, but before other multipliers like type weakness or skill enhance %. It works the same as elemental attack on equipment but only applies to certain monsters.

Can anyone confirm about +10% dmg on two handed weapon of swordman?

Did this really exist or not?

I wanna ask if anybody knows whether Running Shot’s additional damage is based of before or after using Kneeling Shot.