Tree of Savior Forum

[Damage Guide] The big formula, modifier types, and how they interact!

It’s first shot, so, no armor debuff, they are small, so no size modifier, there’s no attribute on full draw and oblique, they are Cloth, so, no bonus damage either.

I still feel like you’re missing something.

No other skills have a " random " effect on their skill damage. Not even in the rest of the archer tree, and definitely not in the mage, cleric and swordsman tree.

ONLY fd/hs and oblique having a “random” skill attack would be incredibly weird.

But there’s nothing in the they, I ate dog on missiles yesterday, while testing crossbow passive and it’s constant too.
I’ll make a run with a two-handed bow with low damage spread, but the random value seems to be somewhere around ±20% of skill atk for now.

Nah, I’ll just make a new archer w/o crossbow passive.

Crap, can’t see damage over Overkill, but the % of Overkill is always different.

I just made a fresh archer and got to the golem fight (everything else is just overkill, and the large kepas just die in one hit so no way to check for the 2h bow’s damage range)

Lowest Full Draw = 126
Highest Full Draw = 128

Calculated Lowest Full Draw = ((24 Patk + 129 Skill Attack) - 5 Defense) * 0.85 Missile Penalty = 125.8
Calculated Highest Full Draw = ((27 Patk + 129 Skill Attack) - 5 Defense) * 0.85 Missile Penalty = 128.35

Definitely not the skill that’s random.

Well without a weapon your base attack will obviously be constant.

You MUST wear a weapon to use archer skills, which means you will always have a damage range due to your weapon, unless you get a minimum attack+ somewhere to get your minimum attack equal to or over your max attack

I got it, if you have a weapon change slots opened and there’s a weapon - it’ll let you use archer skills even “bare-handed”, but will auto-equip one of the sets for a moment of using a skill.

Interesting that it switches you back to barehanded afterwards though. I was under the impression if it switched for a skill it would stay on that until you used something that would require the other weapon set.

Yep, that was very sneaky.

Confirmed Crossbow passive to be unaffected by T2 and Enhance or Elemental Attack.
It’s genuinely Bonus Damage, based on current defence of the target.

So it’s T4, but calculated on its own as a regular hit without modifiers or any stats but defense?

Also, if you’re able to, could you check Oblique Shot’s bounced arrow interaction with the 2H bow passive and Enhance?

On that fresh archer I made it would most likely be T0.
T3 is too high, T2 is too low, attack modifier is completely off too.
The problem is, T0 is also not 100% correct. If a damage range ingame is for example, 104 to 110, then the calculated damage for T0 ends up at, for example, 103.86 to 110.43. The game normally rounds down, and if I change my attack a bit I can get the opposite effect as well (104.65 to 111.21 for example)

It’s T0 but either the uppermost or lowermost value wont appear ingame, it’s pretty weird…

Wow, something weird is going on with defence calculation, if I try to mix -16 def from Coursing and -10% per hit defence from Missiles in different order…

Well, yes, it can be wrote down as T4 and is Bonus Damage depending on target’s current defence.

Tbh, Oblique is a pain to test… May be.

This is awkward. Seems like order of application doesn’t matter, but last type of defence debuff does.
Let’s say target has 99 starting defence and we have Coursing, that is flat -16 defence. And missile attacks -10%…-50% defence.

If you apply Coursing and start shooting, defence gonna be roundup of:

(99-16)
(99-16)*0.9
(99-16)*0.8
(99-16)*0.7
(99-16)*0.6
(99-16)*0.5

If you have already shooted 5 times and, than, apply Coursing, defence gonna be roundup of:

0.5*99-16

But if you shoot again, it’ll turn back into:

(99-16)*0.5

Interesting. Thanks for figuring that out. Looks like it calculates defense based on what was applied last.

So you should always do % reductions first and end with flat ones (else the %s will reduce less)

Edit: Can you check if the Level Penalty applies like any other % reduction, or if it’s still seperate (since the game shouldnt be able to know who hits the target until it actual needs to calculate your damage, so the defense- from level penalty may still just go after the defense modifiers)

Bow passive is Enhance category. Weird, right?

Yep, that’s how it works. Noticed it yesterday as well. And yep, it’ll use weapon only temporarily, which is nice. You can go with 2H bow as cannoneer, and just need to have cannon in your quick slot.

Btw, tested monk a bit yesterday:

1. Bleed damage is Pierce type and it scales with my patk. If I unequip/change weapon, the damage will change immediately. So if I for example apply bleed and then switch to weapon with higher patk it will deal more damage. The same goes to One-Inch punch debuff damage.

Will try to find out bleed and one-inch damage and sp drain formulas when I have time.

2)Energy blast is really strange skill, with knockback off attribute it’s blocked by peltasta guard, but if I turn off the attribute it will knockback and deal much more damage. But it seems that it still can be blocked, since I’ve seen rare blocks on a knockbacked peltasta. Not sure how it will interact with Stone Skin though, need high SPR priest3 to test.

I’ll do some tests on its scalings as well, because I have a feeling that it might scale with INT. Though I need another monk for it, as I’m levelling thaum3, so I will be able to test it with swell brain when I get to rank6.

Considering fact, that it switches back after skill use, it seems, you can even have 2 sets for special skills and actually ware a 3rd weapon for swinging around w/o any effort.

Can i ask something about Pardoner’s Increase magic defense.
“Magic resistance 200” Is this skill effective? and how effective that this skill can reduce the damage ?

thank you for answer

If you get hit with magic damage it will reduce that damage by the value listed on the skill.

thank you.
Is the reduce effective with 200 magic defense ? it’s good or it’s too low ?