Tree of Savior Forum

[Damage Guide] The big formula, modifier types, and how they interact!

Hunter:
Snatching: Airborne Enemy Damage
+20… +100 % Strike / Slash damage for 2*skill lvl seconds.
Confirmed on Strike damage to be T3.

Also, Hunter pet skills are all Strike type, though it has nothing to do with formula.

Thanks for the Snatching modifier!

Added~

That was freaking hard, but here’s Rush Dog formula:

[ { Pet Attack - ((Defense + Defense Modifier) * (100% + Level Penalty)) * (100% + (0 or 50% if crit)) + (0 or Pet’s Critical Attack) } * 2 + RushDogSkillDamage ] * (100% + T1) * (100% + T2) * (100% + T3) * (100% + Enhance)

Pet’s Critical Attack = Pet’s STR. There’s no STR in pet info window, but it’s there.
Also, there’s no doubt, that after defence is counted out of pet’s attack, and after crit is added, total is multiplied by 2.
RushDogSkillDamage is listed damage.
It also has T1 skill modifier: +50%

Because if pet does 1 damage to mob (not breaking through defence) Rush Dog still will do (1+skillDmg)*150%*etc dmg RushDogSkillDamage goes after counting defence.

Praise Buff is obviously added to Pet’s Attack, but not to crit attack.

{ Pet Attack - ((Defense + Defense Modifier) * (100% + Level Penalty)) * (100% + (0 or 50% if crit)) + (0 or Pet's Critical Attack) } * 2

Is this part the case for the Pet’s basic attack, or only Rush Dog?
Also TOSbase says Coursing and Snatch do damage but the videos dont show anything like that, so if they do damage too, would it be

{ Pet Attack - ((Defense + Defense Modifier) * (100% + Level Penalty)) * (100% + (0 or 50% if crit)) + (0 or Pet's Critical Attack) } * 2 + SnatchSkillDamage

and

{ Pet Attack - ((Defense + Defense Modifier) * (100% + Level Penalty)) * (100% + (0 or 50% if crit)) + (0 or Pet's Critical Attack) } * 2 + CoursingSkillDamage

for those skills?

If so I’ll add a new pet section below the additional attack section, else I’ll only note it under Rush Dog.

Snatching, Coursing, Retrieve do damage based on normal formula and use Hunter’s stats: Attack, Crit rate, Crit damage, Elemental attack Damage, etc.

Rush Dog is unique and uses the ■■■■ I wrote above.

Normal Pet attack is normal. No x2.

This should be correct for the most part then. It’s an elegant solution to just make the x2 thing a T0, and moving T0 and Skill Attack behind defense and crits.
One thing, does the base pet attack and rush dog benefit from things like Blessing?

Velheider’s (“Dog” pet) normal attack is not Strike. So far it seems it has no type.
Only pet skills are.
Didn’t pay attention about blessing, though I saw it on a pet.

Alright, modified the part about Strike.
Thanks a lot! If you find anything else be sure to let me know.

Also I’ve noticed that monk bleeding deals pierce damage.

If you want to test something else with monk, I will help.

Bleed in general needs a lot more testing. Different skills seem to trigger different bleeds, even if they have the same icon.

As for immediate questions, it would help if you could simply confirm whether or not any Monk skills have a hidden % modifier. Other than that all their skills seem pretty straightforward.

nvm. comment is deleted

Running Shot again.

Wondering how it works with crits.

I did some testing just now, and I can say that:

1. It crits when normal attack crits
  2. Its damage is increased
  3. But it increases on a different formula from normal attack (lower).

My current guess is that is counts Critical Attack stat, but doesn’t apply 50% base damage bonus. My stats are pretty tight so its hard to say sure what is applied and what is not. But its not full crit damage.

Any ideas what is going on?

UPD: Hmmmmm, maybe I was wrong. I thought that I get two numbers - one for normal attack and one for running shot. But now it seems that it is messed up because normal attack becomes to show significantly higher values when Running Shot is active, like part of its damage is added to normal attack. So I should probably calc their sum only, not just two raw values :-\

Seems like archer’s attribute vs flying enemies wasn’t investigated yet for some reason? Gonna tacle it today than.

Unexpectedly, I can’t get the exact “[Missile] Attacks -10% on Medium” bear-handed on Medium target. What could be the reason?

Ok, unexpectedly, if you are shooting bare-handed, 25% ignore def from crossbow mastery is working.

Seems like I won the fight with Crossbow passive, but couldn’t get my hands on a Flying one yet.

1. It works with empty hands.
  2. The 25% defence ignore is a lie.

Here’s how attacking with bare hands / crossbow looks like:

ROUNDDOWN( (attack - roundup(defence) ) * (1-SizePenalty/100) ) + ROUNDDOWN( roundup(defence) * crossbowPassive )

Crossbow Passive obviously 5 - 25 %
Size penalties are indeed 10 and 15.

Than, Missiles that hit target truly reduce defence 10% after each hit, up to 50%. That also reduces damage from Crossbow Passive, coz defense becomes less.

How random is Skill Attack?

It’s not. A skill’s attack is completely set.

The only thing that’s random is your melee weapon’s damage range (say 150~200 patk) or if you have Magic Amplification stat on a magic character.

I’m using Full Draw, Oblique Shot, Heavy Shot right now, bare-handed, meaning atk is 194-194 - and it’s random.

Normal attack deals constant damage.
Hunter Skills were constant too.

Are you keeping in mind things like Full Draw and Heavy Shot’s modifier, or the missile penalty etc?

If your attack is 194-194 then they will never be random. No skill attack (including those you listed) varies between casts. Something else is affecting it (maybe the def- debuff from missile attacks is applied by skills too)