Tree of Savior Forum

[Damage Guide] The big formula, modifier types, and how they interact!

Well, even with -50% atk, the skill dmg is intact, right?
And as it’s T2 modifier, it’ll multiply with others, more common modifiers for Strike dmg (T3)…
Seems like pelta3-rodelero3 can 1-shot a frozen-lethargied target, if Plague Doctor gets nerfed (too bad there’s Oracle too).
Like good old web-sk-fire-edp-sonic.

It’s true, though you will get extra damage on frozen/staggered enemies, so the result damage will still be around 400-500%, if I remember right. And yes, skill damage is not decreased, so it will be ~800-1000% skill damage, which is quite a lot. If you add here rodelero3 with high kick it can be further multiplied.

I have a feeling to make pelt2rode3fencer/dragoon build to get every type of damage on decent level, but it will be my 6th char probably (especially after rodelero buffs). So I might help with tests if needed.

… (100% + 330%) * (100% + 100%(Slithering) + 100%(High Kick)) …
That’s x12.9.
Add Fronzen&Lethargy to be effective (x21.5+ rim blow modifier somewhere)

Too bad, you’ll need pelta3 for the skill damage part. Oh, right… divine might… mmmm

@4w4h4n
@Derael

Actually, I was talking it over with some people I know and while I havent made any concrete tests yet, it sounds like High Guard’s -50% isnt just your base attack, but the entire skill damage (though wether it’s T0 or a global modifier that simply cuts the final result in half I do not know)

As for needing pelt3, that’s not quite right. The high guard attributes require level 6 Rim/Umbo, not level 6 High Guard, so pelt2 works fine.

Luckily this is just a rank 3 class, so leveling one myself for thorough testing shouldnt take too long. (Though I’ve played very little in general since launch…)

Yeah, if it cuts skill damage it’s not that good. And for sure pelt3 is obsolete, pelt2 is more then enough. I was talking about rode3+pelt2 synergy.

And pelt2rode3 is rank 6 after all, so it will take some time. Though I really like the class style, and fencer fits almost perfectly here to get dex/slithering based universal tank with decent damage.

So I can check the damage with high kick buff if I make such character after all. I really like rode shield push, though while there is such thing as armor break it is kind of useless.

ehm…
correct me if im wrong, but…
does it mean, that simplified, this formula looks like (attack+skillpower)*skill%-defense ?

so, as ex. musketeer skill “snipe” with 400%+6k and 1k attack in stats will actually have (6k+1k)*4 = 28k base dmg?

This is correct.
20ch

To be more precise it’s (attack+skillpower-defense)*skill% since skill% is T1.

Anyone can confirm my speculation? Am I right on how running shot was before and after?

Well my fear is confirmed. Stealth nerf on running shot. I don’t remember ktos mentioning about the change too.

This vid posted on jan shows at 1:00 doing 601/362 with Cafrisun and no running shot. The 362 comes from Cafrisun and it is very clear with it being constantly doing 362 at 3:37 onwards.

However if you look at the numbers with running shot on, you can’t find 362 at all.

What this means is at the point of that video, running shot 200% bonus dmg is treated similarly to element dmg(arde dagger etc etc) and is added to additional attack(cafrisun,sacrament,enchant fire)

But in itos(and current ktos too), running shot 200% dmg is now itself “an additional attack” aka a new line of damage. Therefore the 200% running shot damage doesn’t boost cafrisun,sacrament,enchant fire.

TL:DR from the vid I posted, it seems you get 200% * 4 if you have cafrisun,sacrament,enchant fire. Now you can only get 200% because running shot is an additional attack and doesn’t interact with cafrisun,sacrament,enchant fire.

Umm, isn’t 200% enough for you? o_0

I’m bretty sure it counts just as concentrate/blessing, as bonus damage, only once per auto.

It seems like the Skill Damage that increases with each level up add is just a FLAT increase in damage? Or i’m confused?

Like, skill X level 1 Attack 100, level 2 Attack 200

The actual damage is just a flat increase or there are other multipliers at work?

Skill levels just increase the flat damage, but some skills increase something else on top of that, like say, effect duration or effectiveness or chance.

But in terms of damage, yes, just +flat damage.

Yep, it’s true.

Though as @EternalDream said, some skills increase hit count, “decrease” casting time (so you can cast level 1 version of skill instantly), have base multipliers (like snipe), so the damage increase per level is also multiplied.

Also some skills have special effects, and their power/durarion might increase as well.

But are those “effects” clear when you look at the Skill Simulator at TOS BASE?

Yes. You can see the values go up accordingly if they go up at all.

For example, Highlander’s Crown will gain more duration on its Shock debuff for every skill point you put into it, and this is visible on tosbase as well.

Cool, that’s really helpful because i was thinking about my Swords build.

I can go 1H>3B>2Doppel, 3H>1B>2Doppel or 2H>2B>2Doppel

Thinking here 2H>2B>2Doppel Might be the way to go, because i’ll have access to pretty much every skill that is important and i’ll just miss a flat increase in damage (Seems negligible, i might me wrong) and Skull Swing + Vertical Slash from the 3High tree

Do keep in mind circles dont just mean new skills and more skill levels:
Taking barb 3 unlocks two new attributes for your C2 skills Warcry and Frenzy.

Up to you if you want those attributes or you’d rather have Skyliner (which is great too ofc)

Yeah i was considering B3 just for increased damage on Seism and the Frenzy atribute but it seems to me i’ll be using frenzy mostly on bosses so having that atribute would’nt make a lot of difference.

And Crosscut+Skyliner combo seems to be pretty great. Again, i might be wronb because i thinking going that route i’ll have too many skills, i don’t know if i’ll even have enough of a gap to use all of them…

Regarding barb/high. High3 grants skull swing that NULLIFIES enemy armor for 30 seconds and Barb3 grants more raw damage, higher frenzy and warcry levels + attributes. IMO high2 not worth it comparing to barb3. Barb2 is quite comparable to high3, but still I like high3 more as well. But it’s personal preference. Though with recent kToS buffs going high3barb is more rewarding, and barb3 also got some really good buffs, so it’s even harder to choose among them now. I’m still a fan of High3 though, as Skull Swing is simply too good later on.

It’s hard to have too much skills, as cds are mostly pretty long, so the more skills you have, the better. Skyliner+Cross Cut is great indeed.

Added an interesting little modifier just now.

Some people did report hearing something of the sort, but I went and confirmed it just now:

Two handed swords have an innate Tier 2 modifier of +10%. Not sure if this applies to 2H bows, 2H Spears, Staves and Muskets too, but I wouldnt be surprised.