Tree of Savior Forum

Cryo-Kino Build discussion[Rank 9]

If u get immune to the hit effect of attacks it would be interesting to know if W1-Cryo3-Psy1-XY-XY- Shadow 2 could Setup his icewall + pp Combo just with pinning the boss and shadow hallucination without beeing interrupted

Hallucination max level 10 gives 15 seconds of clone time.
psychic pressure lasts 10 seconds which means you have 5 seconds to cast ice wall.
You have to do this all while hoping that your clone does not die which means you need high enough con like 200 ish if you wish to fight field and guild raid bosses, World bosses will be a real challenge.

So u Need w2 / 3 gazing Golem Cards to be safe anyway?
W2-Cryo3-Psy1-RC1-Shadow2 (Focus on shadow+pp)
or W3-Cryo3-Psy1-RC1-Shadow1 (Focus on RC+ PP)
I Personal think the 1.st one would be better but casting rod without quick cast…meh <.<
There is no use for w3 except the RC skills and maybe snow rolling

After trying cryo 3 kino 3 shadow 2 I can safely say that shadow 2 benefits from frost pillar a lot.

For using Ice wall pp though, it is quite mediocre without rune of ice buff from Rune caster and leaves much to be desired. Shadow 2 really helps cryo kinoes with shadow fatter and hallucination. I think these 2 skills really make up for the lack of sure spell by classes and builds that include non wiz 2/wiz 3 elementalists.`

My cryo kino set up has been to set up a 4x4-1 ice wall set up and hit all of them. This means I need a minimum of ice wall level 13 to do it. Hence ive gotten myself an audra and will get ice wall gem in the future.

The best ideal at this stage is to hope that kino gets a buff that is to remove the focus attribute from c3 and make it innate in pyschic pressure casting, That way the best ideal for cryo kinoes is kino 2 as we dont need kino 3 anymore due to shadowmancer skills being a good replacement for kino 2 damage skills.

Oh that’s a good tip.

After playing more of Shadowmancer, I have decided to get more points in Hallucination. It’s just too useful.
I have settled as Cryo2 Kino3 RC Shadow2, with Max Fatter, 5 Hallucination. I won’t be maxing Thorn and Conjuration ( maybe up to lv6). With OH, the SP is too painful lol.

Because my Shadow2 is for farming, I did not take any skill and just maxed Shadowthorn, Shadow conjure, shadow clone (to lower HP&SP potion costs during farming). I will shadow clone and sit at bonfire during linker CD/mob respawn when SP is low.

All-content shadowmancers should get shadow condensation for more dps.
If you are ice-wall blaster build, get shadow fatter to CC bosses!
PvP shadowmancers should get the shadow pool hiding to dodge at PvP.

Iam currently stuck with this build

are 3 gazing golem cards worth to use or if there is another purple card that would be better (like elem. property attack)

Anyone any idea how to improve this build o.O?

gazing golem is almost a must on all characters that want to dps now.

For cryo kinoes, the only thing that can disrupt your ice wall pp combo is knock downs and

Pain barrier is just too good to not have. Amaros cards will also be something to try to get when new bosses enter the card albums.

This build is okay. Its good because it suits shadowmancer playstyle.

For hallucination, you can take points out of shadow conjuration and place them into hallucination for higher level, but i think there should be a balance because your shadow will also die out if the boss or mobs you are fighting are very strong like those in ET. This means hallucination cannot replace gazing golem or amaros in the future.

Subzero shield is pretty bad in pve, I wouldnt even spend 1 point on it if the build is centered on PVE.

1 Like

Would pain barrier effect which was activated by gazing golem card interrupt PP??

No it would not interrupt pp.

when casting pp and getting attacked, if gg get triggered, the knock down or knock back will not occur.

1 Like

Thanks.I just worried the cast animation of pain barrier would interrupt PP.

there is no cast animation of pain barrier when you proc gg card, the buff just appears.

1 Like

Guys what about Wiz2>Cryo>Kino>Ele3>Sha2 ???
IceWall Lv5 = 6 walls

• Audra Staff = 8 walls
  • gemstone = 9 walls

And the rest are just burst dmg, ofc not taking Meteor due to long cast

thanks for your opinion, that build is some kind of solo/allround because i mainly play with my wife (cleric2 priest3 chap1 Plague3), so the idea was using shadow/cryo for pve and pve with the option having pp/icewall for bossing.

i tried shadow hallucination a bit now and it seems that it not working well because it mainly dies wenn i have aggro/ get attacked by the boss and i get interrupted even if it is active.
so…i think i will skip hallucination and use 3 gazing golem cards in combination with plagues methadone.
Subzero is ofc for pvp purpose.
Think i would build it like that if i skip hallucination and subzero

else i iam not sure if it is a good idea skipping ice blast and using ice pike on a higher lvl + subzero for pvp and general use… :confused: like…

there are way too much ways to go xDDD

i tested a W1 Cryo3 ele3 Shadow2 … belive me - u have way too many attacks to use em all.
U should trie it urself to see what i mean.

1 Like

you can do samsons ice wall formation with that but without runecaster i think its a little too weak.

1 Like

which kind of green card would you advice for shadow/cryo/kino? iam not sure if pyroego or linkroller would be better but tend to linkroller*3 because my stat distribution is 100 spirit rest int. what do you think ?

honestly, If you are playing shadow 2. I really recommend going with higher spr, Something like 150 spr at least or even more because majority of your damage is going to come from your weapon. But yea, Go link roller if you feel that you run into sp issue spamming shadow skills.

Alternatively you can go for other cards that add con which im thinking of doing so that I can capitalize better on equipement that gives other stats too like spr and int.

so u think it may be better going like 200 spirit rest int using con card ? else i could get to 230 spirit with linkroller :confused:

It depends on how comfortable you are with the amount of sp you have. If you are comfortable with 200spr then invest stats elsewhere. I think its a matter of personal preference, I find 200 spr to be my own comfortable sp pool. If you can feel comfortable with less, then you can use other cards.

I dont think pyro ego cards are that useful because of how low the Magic attack gain is, I think having more con is better. But this is not the case for classes like thauma.