Tree of Savior Forum

Cryo-Kino Build discussion[Rank 9]

Post your cryo kino builds for rank 9

Ive tested cryo 3 kino wiz 2 RC shadow 2.
Shadow 2 provides very good fillers and combos with cryo 3.

I wanna try

cryo3 kino3 RC sage
Rune of ice, blink+teleportation

cryo3 kino3 shadow2
Filler + utility

cryo3 kino3 ench2
Filler + support

Anyone who tested these build please feel free to share your opinion.

1 Like

This seems like a decent option.

I really want shadow2 but I really don’t want to get rid of RC because of costume (lol)
It pains me but probably cryo2 kino3 RC shadow2 if I decided to go shadow path.
Or else, Sage for R9 seems the most suitable option.

I will be trying this tomorrow.

Samson is one of the most known ice wall blasters, consider his build:

2 Likes

This is the build I will fall back on to. I really like cryo 3 kino 3 RC.
Samson’s build uses sorc which doesnt really fall in line with what i want despite being quite practical. If I do use samson’s build, I might even try enchanter 2 instead of shadowmancer.

Ah yes, I’m a fan of Samson’s runecaster (the reason why I made cyrokino in the first place). However I already have a sorc3 which is more likely to take shadow in the end. :laughing:

Despite that, I still would like to see for myself how shadowmancer fit into cyrokino playstyle.

1 Like

I will miss icewall+PP dmg if I skip RC too. But it is most likely that I would go shadow c2 path.
I’m set on cryo3 kino3 so dropping either one is not favorable for me.
Forgot to mention that sage also has micro dimension to duplicate frost pillar.

I just tried cryo 3 kino 3 enchanter 2.

I think I will stick with this one. Im running 250 dex with 9ms and the rest of the points into int.
I find lightning hands to be very strong and enchant lightning to boost ice wall shards to be not bad.
I will probably go Rune caster at rank 10 to top it off.

As a cyrokino,I think I need a skill to stick boss in the ground.That is shadow fatter.
I haven’t test it yet.Does shadow fatter work on ET/Field boss?

It does work on them

1 Like

Just done trying cryo3 kino3 shadow2.
Coming from 6 out of 9 ranks which are CC heavy, Shadow2 is SO GOOD.
At first I rank up with my original build to shadow1 and thought I could be satisfied with just 1 circle.
Now that I tried c2 I can’t go back. The attributes makes the class even better.

I don’t pvp but I feel shadow2 is great for those who do?

Since Shadow Fatter does work on bosses, it fits the cryokino “bosskiller” theme.

Also to note, Hallucination works quite differently than Sage’s Blink.
Sage Blink = Mobs will attack the copy.
Hallucination = Mobs still attacks you but damage is soaked by the shadow (this really got me confused at first lol).
Additionally, you won’t get interrupted while charging skills as long shadow is out. So pretty useful when you need to snowrolling while being surrounded by mobs. Although I’m not sure on knockdown/kb?

As for skill points, I would max Thorn, Conjuration and Fatter. Hallucination 1 point is enough to simply max cast snowrolling. Pool 1 pt, the rest on Condensation (3pt).

4 Likes

This might make me reconsider enchanter 2.
I hate getting interupted when casting icewall.
Do you think its enough for us to use ice pressure combo while hallucination is on?

This might free up 1 circle for runecaster.

Thanks for the advice, I’m testing a Cryo2> Kino3> RC> Shadow2 and was tired of being interrupted while making the wall or using RC skills, this will make life easier.

So far I don’t like my build, not sure if Cryo2 for more walls is worth it, maybe I’ll try a Cryo1 > Kino3 > Linker1 > RC (or Linker2) > Shadow2

With 30,000 HP the shadow has 6,000 HP and you only need to cast ice wall since you have the PP focus attribute, so if you don’t take too long and have a good defense it should be enough. Without the PP attribute I don’t think you can do it, unless you go with Hallucination lv10 for 15s

6000hp from 30000hp is not nearly enough and i doubt it is worth going full con to 60k hp for 12khp.

I want to burst down guild raid bosses and the bosses will definitely wipeout the clone and then interupt pp.

I guess cryo kinoes might have to abandon runecaster for now until rank 10.

8secs at Lv5 is only enough for either drawing ice walls or PP. If a player is only kino1 or kino2, they gotta pick one. It’s quite a time crunch if you need to consider using Fatter at the boss.

For soaking damage, Hallucination is more situational for me. For example if you got poisoned you can make the shadow take damage for you (I discovered this accidentally). I guess shadow can soak status ailments as well? Need more confirmation on this.

If you have Audra, you can work with cryo1 no problem. If not, the ice walls won’t last for the entire PP.
I had issues with weapon swap in the middle of combat before so cryo1 does not work for me. ^^;
Cryo2> Kino3> RC> Shadow2 might be my final build.

Picking between RC or Cryo3 (or anything other than RC) is definitely up to what each player want to do with their cryokinos.

I hate using weapon swap though, but I played more with this char today using the clone to cast ice wall and also I spent more silver in some attributes for Shadow and it was way better. With a strong weapon I think this build would be really good.

To be honest, I was planning on staying as Wiz3>Ele3>War2>Shadow1 but now that I had time to try Shadow2 attributes I feel exactly as you said in some post above…

One thing to notice is the lack of sinergy between Raise and Shadow Thorn and Shadow Conjuration, really annoying…

Inb4 IMC makes removes kino focus attributes and makes kino skills uninterruptible during wizard re balancing.

Got my answer.
You’re also immune to knockdowns/kb with hallucination!

1 Like

Hallucination is a 20% HP shield. The visual is just different, it will be a shadow.

I run max shadow thorn, max conjure, max shadow hallucination on farmer shadowmancer. Often use bonfire -> shadow hallucination -> sit at bonfire to restore HP & SP during casual challenge mode on farmer character (only until stage 2 boss).

Underrated skill, consider it.