Tree of Savior Forum

Critical Rate Formula Discussion

assuming things haven’t changed in the last 5 months of updates, yes.

i calculated it to be 61%. critical rate 200 cant be that low right i guess.

Oh, yeah Zack did the math wrong. I trusted him since he laid the formula out correctly.

They must have missed a step, 42/119 is 0.35, but the whole thing is ~61

Oh? Haha my bad, must be my mistake when putting in the value into calculator~

@limyongjun
Hello,
I have heard that the formula has changed.

Any info about it ?

Thank you. :wink:

Some people like to speculate without source or prove. There are no words or new info regarding “new crit rate formula”.

Hi will like to revisit this thread again, the latest formula [ (Crit rate - target crit resistance)*(42/your level) ] Suggests that negative crit resist can result in more positive crit rate to be calculated.
Does crit resist ever go to the negative values in the 1st place? Is there a proven source on this?

Appreciate any constructive reply on this! Thank you!

I will provide a small bump and give only partial answer - there was a screenshot floating around, showing that crit resist can go to negative value on character screen in 1v1 pvp. However, does this get rounded to 0 somewhere during calculations or is it more than just a character screen glitch - I don’t know.

Also I believe the fact that elemental resistances can go to negative values has been confirmed by Paladin community (easy to verify with conviction).

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this @Crow_mw!

Were you able to test crit resist negative values yourself?
Also,what classes have you been playing up till now?

So, higher level means lesser critical rate??

Yes, higher level means lesser actual crit chance.

Good question, why not you test it and let us know your finding xD

I spent 10 levels doing the 217 dungeon with no change in my critical rate.

At level 217 i was rarely crit hitting, and at lvl 227 i was like 80% crit hitting.

So i concluded that char / mob level difference matter and that formula is not accurate.

What monsters, specifically? If you want us to accept this, you need to provide more data.

All of them.

My crit rate was 270 all the time.

Did you perhaps have a high spr Krivis/ dex Preist in the later parties? 270 rounds out to almost exactly 50%. Adding Zalachi and Monsterence to that would easily make the difference between ‘rare’ and ‘often’.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, but you really need to provide more evidence.

1 Like