Tree of Savior Forum

Converted Pricing Doesn't Seem to Match

Steam suggests currency conversion when you post a software. It’s up to the devs to accept it, but they generally do as they can’t spend a team to research about each market and see what brings better profit.

And just to remind, it’s not as simple as “hey, it costs less there!”. For an example here in brazil it costs 4 times more compared to our wages. It’s being sold for half the price compared to the US. This means, IMC is getting less money (not really because they are selling much more) at the same time it’s a big hit for brazilians money.

Are you allowed to gift an european player? (western eu)

Because it’s more expensive for them

I went ahead and bought both of the packs for £53 or something wasn’t too bad.

idk cuz i dont have any friends in my steam account…but nothing popped up as i went straight to the payment page…but i havent filled it out so idk…

Here in Brazil, the prices are R$ 90,99, R$ 55,99 and R$ 19,99.
Converting for USD, they become 25.10, 15.45 and 5.52.

I think the prices are based on economy or something, because cost of living is different in other countries. for example,if someone has a minimum paying job, in the US you can earn $50 for a day’s worth of labor but in the Philippines it would take week to earn that.

2 Likes

I love how the other thread for deleted.

well got my pass now, see you guys on the opening day, too bad it got moved by a week

It already stated in announcement price based on steam regional price.

why are you calling this bullshit?

my purpose of this thread is asking for clarification whether the one i’m going to buy it the right one, i never intended to go into the fairness and equality of the value of the early pass, i just wanted to make sure that what i’m going to buy is the one the one i want and i’m not mistaken, this thread was started 5 hours ago, and i just skimmed through the announcements now and found no clear statement regarding the discrepancy in prices, i’m not blaming anyone for this because this is how Steam sales go, IMC had no part in it as far as i know, don’t go white knighting on something irrelevant

1 Like

Clarification? Hahaha… Check this. Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the Latest Announcement

1. this post wasn’t pinned
  2. why was this not explicitly stated on the actual announcements
  3. what’s your goal here?

it was confusing, hence i posted a thread to ask friendly forumers for clarifications, Steam at that time only had 2 choices, what if i mistakenly bought Access 2 and there was a typo*, does things like this not merit a thread on the general section of a forum?

does it make you feel good calling bullshit?

Q.Prices might differ from a country to country due to the exchange rate,how much would be the actual price?
A. The price we announced is based on the price that will be applied to the US. Please check the Steam Store Page for your regional prices. They will be adjusted by Steam Standards.

what this tells me is that the change will only be different because of the exchange rates, nothings in this Q&A tells me that there will be a huge discrepancy due to another factor which even now i can’t seem to properly explain that could be tied to the regions economy, so tell me, how did the converted value jump from $49.95 to $27 with just the exchange rates?

Steam Pricing does this automatically with whatever “cost of living” adjustements they have made to their store system.

You can’t ask someone who makes $100 USD a week in their country’s currency to pay $50 USD for this.

I think anyone who complains is extremely self-entitled.

Bottomline:
#praiseGaben

i agree, but no one is complaining on this thread, just wanted to clarify that nothing was wrong from my side, this was my first steam purchase since i’ve only played f2p games so I, along with a lot of people, was not aware of how Steam handled the adjustments, IMC could have elaborated that part a bit so the complaints from the other threads could have been avoided

but yeah, not complaining, i payed a lot lower than i expected

2 Likes

Me too, got a cheaper price… $ 49 really mean alot for me…
The price adjustment does help me alot …:sweat_smile:

Nah, im sory for being rude earlier. Mybe because too many stupid thread lately.

I love that steam does this! C:

i apologize as well, wouldn’t want to be on bad terms with someone on my first day on the forums, let’s just both enjoy the game once it’s out

1 Like