Tree of Savior Forum

Congrats for surviving 2021 [barely], 2022?

you complained… about someone elses complaint… when you think that complaints are the main problem… arent you the problematic one?

2 Likes

People have a right to complain… I guess…
It just doesn’t accomplish anything.

What would be productive would be for everyone to discuss what potential changes would benefit the game, then take those recommendations and post them on the KToS forums where the developers might see them and take them into consideration.

Of course, if you all don’t actually have any real issue with the current state of the game and are simply just complaining for the sake of complaining, then carry on as you are.

Okay productive suggestion. Stop revolving the game around the top 3% of whales who can financially throw hundreds of dollars for an item in game that will 1shot passive lightning bolts from the sky for 100m damage. Its dumb.

You sure are insecure guy, telling others the one who hurt when it’s actually you are the one getting hurt from having your favorite game tormented by truths

So you re basically saying this forum is useless and only KR one is productive, might as well just delete this forum because this community marked useless. That’s sounds like Imc way of treating communities, just giving damn of KRs and ignores international fans, been through that lots, I wondered how many tickets I sent being ignored even as simple as fixing a class skill tooltip

1 Like

@Mage15

They are tiny improvements, if you want i can get a big list on things that need to be improved (and some that could be improved) before it becomes a reasonable game. I’d like to remind you that it took them more than 4 years to change how pets interact with character slots, and that was something that should’ve be done before the official launch.

The other issue is that they seldom do something right without ■■■■■■■ up something else.

@jbjackson29

Just one “tiny” issue… You can’t do that unless you ensure you can pay the bills without catering to them. We can’t be sure on how well the game is doing in kToS (population wise) but if it’s nearly similar as iToS, it would be a considerable risk to take, even if that lead to a major playerbase boom.

That’s an issue with whale based models, you can become hostage to them and alienate the other side of your playerbase. At the same time, too slow of a chance pace will get people to burn out before they see any significant improvement.

3 Likes

Nexon has at least 10 other dead MMOs full of whales as the only remaining playerbase. I’m sure the plenty of people would pay 3x the subscription cost. The western audience is dying for a game that isn’t the shitty mobile p2w model. This game had so much potential.

ROFL
i see someone getting triggered by my post
some other even quarrelling off topic stuffs and fight each other
some other try patronizing to be productive (in gaming? seriously? be productive?lol)
well well well…

look @Mage15 i dont know why you saw this as complain as i sincerely cheer on kim so he level up his game for 2022
when i said his game i mean his development team performance because 2022 is going to be another tough year
needed i remind you like the other guy already did that this game lost half of its playerbase from january 2021 to end of the year

even when you visit ktos recent posts comments section there are even more comments concerning about the ktos playerbase now. this playerbase can somewhat act like financial statement in accounting, and with all the mountain of praise you cherished for the game and the development team, here are the truth you need to bare, that even with all the so called improvements that you think newbie really appreciated, it failed to attract more players hence it failed to keep its playerbase.
the failure of atracting more players can involved by more aspects but failure to keep the current playerbase? i see that the quality of the game is actually degrading even with every patches applied because its failed to hook these loyal players puts asides whatever any personal reason they chose to hiatus or quit.

and here i was hoping that they would make a good turn like they did with their another game granado espada because clearly they did better over there, and maybe they can learn from ge team, and you called this post some badmouth quality? i say you just cant take some sarcasm involved here, and rather close your eyes, and live in a dream that tos is doing great. if development team having same mentality like you, i see that actual improvement isnt a viable option.

and honestly what made you hurt so much? i kinda pity you here.
my sarcasm about afk fishing and popo point??
ppppfttt…
look, what are the features they offer for afk playing??
its either fishing or afk popo (and flexing your costume in town)
i see more people afk in most crowded town rather than seeing them queue for automatches, even when people shouts with sad tone just to get a full member party or click 2-4 match or just to sit inside instances
that time imc even made me fishing 500 items when i login weeks ago lmao
so did i say it wrong? which part of it FALSE??

also i think you mistranslate the progression i meant and started to relate the game problem into what you believe my own personal issue
do you know me in game? do you know my progress? what bases your opinion about me and start making assumption about me personally when here we are talking about general stuff like development progression. are you so bad in dealing with fears when people here talks about bitter side of the game and then just bashing your insecurities on me with your own prejudice??
its never were about me, its not my progression we discussed, its tos development progression duh…
if you want to talk about me i left this game with 4b+ (not to show off, im probably so poor for some) by selling all my assets during pre silver-nerf, with some endgame gear assets and rare items like costumes, skins and stuffs
if i want to i can progressing easily to the most endgame but i never really hooked to actually invest my time or even my money anymore simply because their development progression is slow and nothing interesting to offer but cute costumes, pets and boring grind

in short, playing is indeed for fun like you said, but playing is also time investment, and for some other money investment
and you wouldnt want to invest your resource for something so bad, something that progressed so bad that you see its dull future
you can believe whatever you want, i dont give a damn, and so do i believe my own
we can always try not to give a fk each other and still respect each other opinion

and again, if you ask me why im still here, which is like the most common thing people will questions, again, read my main post
if they could develop granado espada and surge the playerbase from 600ish in 2019 to its current 2k ish now, why they couldnt do it to tos?? what went wrong with tos development, and i want them to realize it, i want them to improve

but yeah, you seem already deluded that im here just for some empty complain, maybe the guy above me is right, this community shouldnt exist afterall when a slight voice that act like reminder is considered harmful that even become a scapegoat to why this game failed to attract what you so called potential players

8 Likes

Out of curiosity I checked ge steam chart, turnout their player base is fluctuating, but somewhat stable and even slightly, steadily inclining

It’s younger than tos, it’s never even reach reached peak 50k players like tos start, like you said it reach its lowest 650 in 2019 which like callback to their early year in 2017, but they manage to offer something that revive it’s playerbase to the current 2k, somewhat healthier, more than double tos have. Given it’s the only game imc have aside of tos, it’s a healthier comparation than comparing tos to something like ffxiv which getting more popular and mentioned a lot

I know some people here or people like the melancholy guy who can’t take sarcasm above be like what’s the problem with least player? Dude, that can translate to many, in game perspective, in business perspective etc.

That could means Less active p2w, less possibility to get even more p2w, and with less money means lesser update quality, less active players for contents, dying social feature like chat guild etc, dying economy and so on. I bet if you are still in game you already experience these.

I didn’t get why someone here comparing tos as mmo to other game with 10 or even 0 population. Is it even mmo? Why compare it to something worse? You want tos to improve or tos to fail? Even i as not so active player would love to see it’s actually making great move and become recognizable mmo heck it’s always tarnished by imc decisions towards the game.

I do hope imc have annual reflection meeting to check their set goals, milestones, and see how much they accomplish over the year, and maybe being open to us about it, proactively monitor how players reception towards their developments

One source among many they can extract this information is from player base count. obviously when people satisfied more will stay, even more to come, but when it’s dissatisfying the current situation is what you got.

C’mon kim(2)

We should make something cool like #cmonKim or #maketosgreatagain2022 but apparently, with how low the playerbase is it’s just gonna looks ridiculous

Apart of me wants to see this game crash an burn. I think it would be hilarious to see all the whales who have sold their house, car, pet, all assets, and went into extreme debt just to stay remotely competitive in a dying game. All that money just totally wasted when the game is gone.

1 Like

I was just answering the topic of this thread

I wasn’t even comparing anything, it is the truth that there are games in steam with more or less players than 10. I didn’t even say they are all mmo, and it is also true that they are still alive.

What you said was also correct

IMC has to choose whether to terminate iTOS and focus wholefully for Granado Espada, or ends Granado Espada to focus on kTOS & iTOS survivability.

Granado Espada published around 2006 for Korean. The game is already 15 years old and yet they still keep updating it. I’m pretty sure that TOS is used by IMC for getting extra money to keep GE available. If not, then what else they still want to keep it alive? Faithful players?

SEA server for GE even published around 2017 (Granado Espada - Wikipedia) like, they already had TOS from 2016. 4 years of that resources used on GE could be pretty huge for TOS development & management (the arts are already unique at best, class system, lots of possible lore to give players fanservices, etc).

Even right now, it feels pretty lazy to do dailies, weeklies, and things because I expect the worst that TOS could be terminated any time soon.

tl;dr TOS has its massive possibilities as great MMORPG but IMC has taken it for granted.

or do neither, make cute weeb costumes and get paid.

1 Like

It’s an interesting hypothesis, though I doubt that.

If ge takes extra money from tos, tos probably have nothing left to barely sustain itself because that extra money is too low to even be called extra for other game especially when ge seemingly doin better.

The thing I believe for sure to why they keep this game is, there’s still peeps buying the cute costumes and gachas in itos, and the money they can lost by the terminating itos is still lower than the money they can gain from the remaining paid players.

At least for now. Not for too long.

I believe you see latest gear system from one dimension only, you are too narrow minded that you only see it from single perspective, a too positive and optimistic perspective without actually digging in further

The latest gear systems implementation root is to actually tackle gear/progress funneling by locking gears progress to character/team, it’s in line with silver nerfing and turning rewards into gabija coin which also team locked to prevent funneling or at least dampen it

It may come with something handy like all in one gear management system, enhance fail safe but it also technically kill gear market which held one of mmo aspect, players economy

(It also kill p2w diamond anvil which uses to bait p2w to buy most expensive package, but I believe they will sell something alike. Or they did)

Back then farming gear is bigger part of economy. you may still be able to farm gear mats now and sell it for enhancement fuel, but back then gear raid offer more than that, we used to be able to sell completed gears and everything comes with it, enhancement, awakening, enchant, trans value and so on, which add value to the item or even maybe discount because it came as final product as gear, but now these values are non-existent. The purpose of armor section in market is in fact questionable as people are getting the gear their own, even spoonfed, and when I say gear it’s the only gear-> end game gear because Imc want us to jump into endgame right away and believe it’s where the fun lies.

So in the end, the idea behind locking players progress to itself has sacrifices another part of mmo aspect of the game, players economy

Now Isn’t it Dejavu?
It’s like how they killed field silver drop to deals with botter but in the end they killed field hunting and field drops and now channeling field hunt experience into another instance like hunting ground, more instances

Also don’t tell us to play game or not here, to leave or not, it’s our choice, we are here in forum, not in game, we are here to discuss, if you don’t wanna discuss about it, argue about it, and even half a55ed your opinion without giving enough argument to defend it and runaway you are not welcome here. if you wanna disagree with ts opinion, with my opinion or any then comes with strong argument, don’t be such a prude

You don’t have to agree with everyone, but you can’t disrespect others opinion simply because from your perspective you see it is wrong then start raging because how sensitive you are dealing with tiny bit of sarcasm or how narrow minded you are in seeing things

There is no perspective is right or wrong, you may as well keep your love and praise for latest gear system, but you can’t stop others that may dislike it

The game is always lovable for all, even for those who left already or just here in forum stay updated, wait for their calls to back, but the development isn’t always satisfy all, those declining trend over 2021 can somewhat show something’s odd with the development progression

1 Like

i think ieft this game 2 years ago and sadly i would love to return but i cannot stand this type of business practice anymore, and the balance is completely ruined. maybe if they would release TOS classic 1.0 i would play again, or heck release it as a standalone singleplayer with all costumes unlockable trough boss fights, without all the confusing p2w aspects and godess garbage that dont make any sense

2 Likes

change the title from

Congrats for [almost] surviving 2021 [barely], 2022?

into

Congrats for surviving 2021 [barely], 2022?

again, congrats but will tos and imc lucky enough to get through 2022??

good luck, adios.

2 Likes

I don’t care what you actually have to say, but no, don’t you ever try and claim that the old RNG-based potential-destroying upgrade system was better than the goddess upgrade system we have now. I still have PTSD. You can sacrifice everything else and it’s still the best change this game has ever had.

2 Likes

Meh…
I’m too lazy to write or reinstate the same thing.
Who ever said/write old enhance is better?
I was talking bout goddess system as a whole.
This isn’t the first time new feature/system kills another mmo aspect of the game like they kill field silver drop and also kill field hunt and mat drops, or add another untradable currency gabija coin just to reduce silvers in every contents

See,
the only players left are only some delusional people
I think you don’t get PTSD simply from anvil.
more like the whole game that it mess up your mind and ability to read.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.