Tree of Savior Forum

Comparitive Poll: Will you pay any money into TOS at all?

Yes, might even do giveaways/player hosted events, will see how things turns out! :blush:

1 Like

I think the game would be better as a B2P. That way I know I’m paying for a game that will at least have quality content. Plus F2P games always attract the worst playerbases imo.

If founder pack doesn’t include TP, nope. But since the $49.90 package includes 600TP, it’s like buying TP to me~ Planning to buy TP for costumes anyway. Exclusive access is just an additional bonus to me.

1 Like

I suppose that’s the risk of an all inclusive community. I get what you are saying though, you usually come into a game with a different mindset if you paid retail or pay a subscription.

well. how they presented their markeing is indeed terrible. but i do not mind donating some money to support. But not like this.

Why is it $50?
-possible cash scam
-possible bait-and-switch

Reality
-They need that money because they’ve been busy getting publishers. publishers = money.

• Time = money, publishers = money. satisfying players from different countries = time. Time + Money + Publishers + satisfying community = slowed development and lost time and money. Therefore release date = longer.
    However
    -bad marketing + money = suspicion
    -Suspicion + community + bad marketing = Division
    -Division + flags = mods
    -Mods + flags + community+ Division = ■■■■ Storm

Instead of simply asking “Will you pay money?” which almost everyone will blindly say ‘Yes’ to, it should give a bit more context.

(Disclaimer: I am not trying to incite a riot. If you don’t like the prices or items below - please don’t shoot the messenger. I am just trying to present facts so people can make an informed vote on this poll.)

Based on what we currently know about the Cash Shop, your question should be more along the lines of this:

Will you pay $0.27 USD for every time you want to immediately revive on the spot where you died?
(3 TP per Soul Crystal)

Will you pay $0.18 USD for every message you type in global chat?
(2 TP per Megaphone)

Will you pay $0.18 USD to instantly teleport to any Goddess Statue you have previously visited?
(2 TP per Warp Scroll)

Sources:
TP cost of those items
quote from Founder’s announcement:

100 TP is priced at approximately USD$9.00

Edit: Also, keep in mind:

Maximum 5 TP can be accumulated free of charge. 1 TP will be recharged every 4 hours.

(from Founder’s announcement)

Man after the honesty they have displayed since iCBT2? Probably not as much as I was hoping to. I’ll probably buy a token or two but that’s it unless they do a total facelift to the game.

I’ll be on the low pay spectrum, but I believe I will throw a bit of money here and there eventually. Exchange rates suck in my country, so everything costs more than in USA for example.

Also, *comparAtive

Technically, and luckily at least for the obt, everything under 5tp is technically free if you are willing to wait for your tp to accumulate over time, but that is an accurate pricing model.

How is this possibly a cash scam, if you read the FAQ 100TP = 9$
which means 600TP = 54$ ?

I’d like some good explainaination.
I asked you to explain someone i asked about in your own thread, but you simply refused to explain.

Are you going to refuse explaining yourself this time too?

Majority of the performance items in Cash Shop are only meant to save time (for now). The big question here is more along the lines of, can the game currently sustain itself the moment it becomes F2P?

With what was already presented and the current outrage, the answer is clearly no. The game is going to need funds, whether it becomes P2W, B2P, that is decided but how much the community itself contributes in money.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I’ve played games far more expensive than this, this isnt so bad, if i compare with example RF online, or Elsword.

edit: (Right no wim only assuming our shop will be close to, or up to 20% more expensive than koreas shop)

Since u wanted to know so badly. that thread represents this community and the route its going.

Reason why its possibly a cash scam is that this was too sudden. It should had been dealt with either in Alpha or OBT. anytime that was way before the transition into OBT. Then you need to think about the KR version of the game. The KR version of the game is holding onto the edge right now. Because of this, pple are concerned to whether this $50 sudden post is a cash scam that they’re doing in order to make money and opt out the game before it goes down hill. Their initial post is scary, because you do not have any concrete information of what its actual use is. Just because they said its to remove botters, doesn’t mean that botters will go away just like that.

Botters is something that will never go away unless you have extremely strict monitoring tools and will flag even honest players as bots. Here to stay, all I’m looking for is a solid statement that is pretty much final from IMC about this game. Whatever statement they come out from this one, it better be final or it’ll simply end up having the community wrangle each others’ necks.

IMC has a lot on the line. Regardless of their statement afterwards, there better not be any retraction afterwards, or they will simply lose the community altogether.

1 Like

This second part has a big problem, people can lie just to get the “founder pack” removed

I do agree that botters wont be stopped by this, at best only keep botters away for 3 months. And that they have been horrible in how they communicate with us. But scary? I’m not too scared of it, if anything, i believe the NA release was rushed, and theyve been on a tight schedule, this is just something i think could be possible though.

But it would be great if they did have a shop to show us the prices, and i believe they do, it wouldnt make any sense that they would randmoly throw in a number of TP’s in each package without any consideration.

Sure, I’ll get in the middle of this, in a kind and respectful manner of course.

Some people are of the mindset that if the game dies an early death, that any amount of TP purchased was a waste, and therefore feel swindled.

When Flagship Studios released Hellgate: London and the company shut down the servers 1 year and 4 months after release. People paid full retail for the game, and paid an optional subscription fee on top of that, and just like that, boom… Flagship announces they are shutting the servers down.

Some people feel like they are making an investment into a game when they drop money into it, especially if they pay the price of a retail game. They hope to get the quality of a finished product, and they hope that the servers will remain open for years to come so they can come back to it like any other retail game in their library. On top of that, people hope for expansions to come out, containing additional levels, classes, and challenging content. Their characters are like a trophy or an action figure on the shelf to display, something that brings back nostalgic feelings of “I remember those days…”

A lot of people are afraid to drop money into new MMO games because they have been burned before, and don’t want to get burned again.

I for one don’t mind dropping some cash into a game, and if I get $1/h worth of entertainment value, I’m satisfied. There are games I’ve played that still exist and I can hop back on and see the communities I used to spend hours with, and there are others that have vaporized to nothing and all I have left is some screenshots and maybe a few friends on skype that I still talk to every now and again.

As for the context of the game already being a vaporware scam, or not releasing at all? Well Steam has us covered when it comes to something like the founder’s pack, but if the game is up and running for 2 years, no more content comes out and just disappears, well I hope you got your time in because you are not getting that money back.

1 Like

Overall. this was a poor choice in marketing. i believe timing had to do with everything in this forum.

I will, as long as I have fun playing the game (voted yes). I’m also ready to spend some money in advance because I had fun in both previous cbt’s and understand the developers side (i’m a web developer and an indie game developer).

Just want to get everyone together soon, and would be nice to have news on SA server and all that transfer stuff.