Tree of Savior Forum

Community Review the Week of 5/10/2016 - "F2P...is only the beginning": SA Server Issues, World Boss Control, Circle Resets, Optimization, Mob Spawn Rates, Swordsman Woes

Oh dear, someone has quite a big ego to self nominate themselves as a representative. While you have guts to do this, i don’t think your reputation is playing favorably for you.

5 Likes

Swordsman being low DPS is a community opinion. I have seen many Swordsman 240+ that do very high damage.

Also, I completely disagree with circle resets.

You do not represent the community. Please take your suggestions to the suggestions forum, and feedback to the feedback forum.

Main root of the swordsman issue? Im talking about min max mindset that elitists have, you mentioned Top 100 in pvp, thats exactly my point.

Tell that to any President of any major country!

You think Obama got where he did by being loved by everybody?

Of course not everyone loves him, but people did very much had the option to vote for him or not unlike with you.
You are like that crazy French guy that declared himself ‘‘King of the Patagonia’’.

1 Like

This is very true, I recall there being an uproar about the Squire/Pardoner/ Etc in regards to the 50% tax not being placed on the tool-tip, but it still appears to be un-addressed by officials as far as i am aware.

Whilst it’s cool to have hidden features within the game, players are understanding that they need to be cautious about how they build their character in the hopes of not accidentally falling into many hidden ‘traps’ of the game, as it can be viewed negatively very easily due to causing frustration for the players.

Although it may seem as though we are walking across a shaky bridge, there is at least someone listening to the feedback that is collected by our staff team, as reflected in some of our recent changes.

Hopefully, IMC will continue to try to cater to the players as best as they can without losing too much of their original goals for the games direction.

(Sorry it’s kind of off-topic)

2 Likes

Please… just stop. Because of hundreds of topics that whine and cry about nearly every aspect of the game, topics about real issues are getting lost or ignored.

You don’t represent community, you represent yourself and your hunger for attention.

Take a class reset for example. 90% of players in every poll and every topic are clearly against it, yet you feel the need to keep bringing it up.

1 Like

You’re clearly out of point. Try retracing and rereading.

P.S. I didn’t even mention that

Yea, i wasnt even talking to you it seems

It was to SirFede

A topic that isn’t important to the community doesn’t span hundreds of posts with all sorts of posters for and against, in several threads.

Just because you disagree with it as a feature doesn’t mean it isn’t a “community topic”. It’s obviously a topic of note. I didn’t over-favorite the feature in my description, and I gave you the option of adding any cons you felt were not represented. I gave you the tools to shape the narrative so instead of just ranting maybe go ahead and list the cons you believe are missing.

1 Like

I really,really hope so.I’d like to think they’re listening to us,the response time is just on the slower end.It’s also non-committal,which I understand,but sometimes it seems like staff make announcements and just disappear.They really should stick around and answer some very basic questions afterwards.It would do a lot to calm this place down and lift spirits.

Also,like many have said: I know it’s supposedly tradition to not work on weekends in South Korea,but when your product is so young and you have stability issues with your servers…someone should take one for the team and come into work.Just saying.

1 Like

but you fail to see his masterplan behind this post.

[Relevant music]

It’s a small group of people asking for circle reset and much more people telling them that it’s an unwanted feature. No kidding there will be a hundreds of posts. Doesn’t change the fact that it’s only important to a small group of players and other 90% are against it.

Making one big whining topic could potentially seem like a good idea if it could stop people from making new small whining topics about same stuff every day. But it can’t and it won’t. Not to mention you’ve made quite a number of said small whining topics yourself.

I’d probably ignore this whole thing all together rather than posting here if not for the part where you’re getting yourself self-elected to represent community. That was truly ridiculous and at the same time quite annoying. This topic wouldn’t lose anything if that part of the message wasn’t there. In fact it’d make it better.

2 Likes

It’s not what Swordsmen dont like about their class. Its what some parts of the community demand from them.

One of them is Rank 2. Sounds like a mindset issue to me. I was however talking about PvE.

As obvious as it already was from the start, this is the mindset issue.

The topics only spanned that length because of constant flame baiting and thread bumping, however. And ofcourse, let us not forget the new topics being made day after day by the same posters.

I nominate Melons.

3 Likes

A highly discussed topic is still a highly discussed topic. Doesn’t matter if more people are against than are for it. Even minorities get a voice, this ain’t a dictatorship.

I know you’re angry that I’m madly sociable and over-qualified for this role, but let’s keep the personal attacks to a minimum.

Haha, yeah sure. I’ll leave you to your delusions, have fun.

2 Likes

Erhm…community representative should first communicate with the company (in our case with IMC) and never ever nominate or select himself. Not to mention that it should be picked by the company if they think that they need one.

However IMC is on a clear path with a clear message toward the community. Just look how they get rid of CM Julie here…

Now look at my previous topic which was answered by a staff member.

The answer I got was only a polite “ok - ok, you put some work into it, here is a bone”.

Because IMC itself doesn’t really want that part, that means we wont have somebody like “community represantitive” in our community.

While I’m amazed by your work, your post is nothing but an opinion summarizing all the “popular” topics.

So what do you think? If Julie is gone, why should IMC bother with anything? I mean it. Julie was ok, since she had infos from the other side (at least more than us), but if a regular forum member takes this role…it’s nothing.

2 Likes

Well, communicating with IMC these days seems to be like trying to contact alien life.

I definitely support it but the chances seem small!

Give zipzo the job

And fix swordman. Thanks

1 Like

Hi, Zipzo. First off, I’m sorry for my english. It’s not my first tongue. :frowning:

Let’s get started, I’ll not put in place any argumental fallacy here. I find your thread quite useful to sum up almost every hot concern, specially with so many garbage threads and repeated subjects around. As for the points you listed, my OPINION™:

1. Thankfully the improvements over the SA servers are on the works, apparently. As tonight the staff started to make some tweaks on the server to improve its stability. It’s been working kinda nice, except for that server-side delay. For example: 20 trying to speak to certain NPCs, completing collections, receiving rewards or repairing items. Teleporting. At some points, all channels got closed.

1. The world bosses remind me of the MvP in RO. However, it happened ot me in a private server, a large one btw, which was AtlantisRO (hispanic). Some guilds monopolized certain MvPs and claimed all the kills. As they did so, they became stronger because of the items they got. So the issue worsened.

-If they want to keep this model, so be it. It’s awfully unfair for a lot of people. Let’s remember the gaming crowd is not the same one than the one 12 years ago.

-Suggestion: Either drops for everybody or implement a token system. Kinda like either FFXIV or BnS or both combined. You dealt enough damage to take 1% of the boss’ HP away? grats! Have a token.

However, you need X of these for the recipe/item you want. The more damage you do, the more tokens you get. However, this might be an issue for full support classes. They dealt with his in XIV because healers can generate aggro and it was a shared effort (party contribution).

1. As far as I know, when it comes to optimization, they were working on a 64 bit version of the client. I’m having some hardcore stuttering and FPS loss where I shouldn’t. My PC is and high-end build and I was surprised how this felt worse than Batman: Arkham Knight.

Here’s Kim talking about this, roughly 20 days ago:

1. Swordman issues: I’m 100% affected by this, since I always have been a “swordy”-based player. So many variations and you end up being a tank with no dedicated/competitive DPS, at least PvE wise. I can’t talk about PvP because I don’t care about it.

Sure, people can post videos of ONE SINGLE LONELY KOREAN player doing an amazing job as Swordy, but lots of players are still getting issues with it. Still looking forward for some feedback in regards of this subject.

In the meantime, IMC remains silent about this subject, while the Koreans are actually doing something about it, addressed certain issues with Barbarian/Rodelero and they possibly have some changes on mind for the future of the game. No idea why things move so slowly here. <- Speaking out of ignorance, I really don’t know.

1. The idea of the Circle Resets is like opening a can of worms. It was debated long enough, but we’ll see what the F2P players think in the future. Their feedback will be more than welcome. Since they are going to possibly become the majority (omg, have you seen how the channels got FILLED with LOTS of people when F2P was launched? lmao).

Hopefully IMC gives a straight answer about this.

I lol’d so hard at this. Are you politician or something? You have a golden tongue for speeches and stuff like that, imo.

1 Like