Tree of Savior Forum

Collaborative Story Writing RP - Recruitment

You are limited to 1000 words maximum, you can only go a little over. You can have your OC start in a different location but the OC must meet Claire and you must have enough words left in your story to write in a meaningful reply that is focused around advancing Claire’s story.

I guess what I mean to say is, your replies should always be doing something with Claire. You are also forced to take Claire where the previous writer said Claire was going so it makes it even harder to introduce an OC in a location that you want.

On another note I got my reply up. Be sure to read it for consistency since I basically chose Claire and Thomas’ next destination and introduced my OC Bale who will NOT be traveling with Claire or Thomas.

It is very hard to write something fancy with such a small word limit but it is what it is.

2 Likes

@FlanFlan I knew they were bots as soon as they appeared but I loved the description! I also like the name of your character.

@Curika I don’t know if I trust this guy Thomas. [details=hmmm Spoiler]Never been on a fight yet hits a moving target’s limb just right to pin it.[/details]… Might be the Flan’s fault too.

@Marad the art is right between ToS style and Candy Candy / old anime style. I like it and some digital “inking” would make it even more awesome, in case you’re planning on drawing some more :smiley:

1 Like

@rebirthofleo Most probably Medzio Diena will happen during Claire’s journey, so probably leading into Gesti (since the master paladin had a feeling about it). Hope I did not misunderstand xD

@Malzara All what FlanFlan said it’s true, but I’d like to say the following: You can focus on your OC’s life (where it comes from, what it is trying to do/achieve, any past/present memories, description etc.), but it should meet Claire until the end of your post. Only you are able to write the meeting between your OC and her. If you don’t do this, people might get confused and/or continue your OC’s development in a way you might not like. Hope the reason is understandable.

@FlanFlan Personally I didn’t imagine people to write over 1000 words. But I know that annoying feeling when you have to make cuts, so I’ll talk to Curika in order to raise the words limit. For the moment, please see the rule as: “Posts can be at around 1000 words.” (1500 or so)
By the way, niiiiiice part & writing style!

@kyokahn Thank you! Unfortunately, I have no tablet that could work for digital art. I mean I tried once and then I just told myself “I’m a failure” lol

Just thought of a post idea $.$ Can I reserve to go next or are we doing some sort of posting order?

@rebirthofleo If no one else reserved a spot before you, then you can do it.

Thats a good point @kyokahn xD who knows what will happen muahaahaa. I still have to read the new addition though so i’m not sure what Flan wrote yet.

Okie guys i added in how we will be handling class changes. Seemed like the best way to go with it. Any questions are welcome and comments appreciated. I am talking with Marad now about increasing the word limit, neither of us mind doing so just waiting on confirmation.

1 Like

@FlanFlan just read your post and it was really good (n_n)b thank you for contributing. I’m sorry the word limit gave you trouble, we will be changing it soon so people can have more freedom while writing.

1 Like

So there was some question as to the timeline and general lore stuff. The story takes place about 4 years before the time in game. Medzio Diena has not yet happened but is close to happening. When it happens in our story is up to each individual writer, we do not want to limit creativity by saying it has to happen at a certain point.

Lore wise we will not be super strict. It can be hard finding specific lore info on the game so we understand liberty must be taken sometimes. I think it can be safe to assume that there was an abundance of human settlements before the great disaster so don’t be afraid to make a town or village even if we dont see it in game.

Any questions, comments, etc… are more then welcome and i will try to respond to them as best i can.

1 Like

Thank you! That answers everything that I needed to know. Sorry for asking so many questions ;.; Is it okay if I take a bit longer to finish my post? I needed the clarification before I could figure out to proceed. I quite honestly thought up 2-4 different plot lines given the circumstances because I didn’t want to be too obtrusive.

I’m about to eat dinner, but I’ll get to work on it asap after I finish eatting.

1 Like

No worries, i am sorry i took a while to reply. Please feel free to ask as many questions as you have (n_n) And yes take your time to write this post, i would edit in that you are still writing though. In the future try to keep it shorter so others get the chance to participate more freely but stuff happens and its all good x3 i can’t wait to see what you write :smiley:

There we go! I did it. Now just give me a few posts so I can get back into the swing of RPing xD I thought it would be fun to take a random npc with a nice portrait and give them a backstory ;D

That was nice! I’m intrigued by that archer kid though…

Who’s next?

@rebirthofleo i can’t wait to read it :smiley: i just got on but i’ll read it right away n_n

@kyokahn i’m glad you like Thomas :smiley:

Maybe we should make a list of OCs and who their corresponding writers are to avoid confusion as well as if each OC is alive or dead.

I love Giedras and Bale. Can’t choose between those two… Dang I’m so indecisive! I’ll also introduce a new personage soon… But I can’t do it now because I’m in love with what you guys are writing.

Aww thanks. Now I’m feeling a bit shy :blush:

1 Like

It could be made in the second post of Curika, along with the following illustrations (or screenshots/references…?)

Unfortunately I’ve decided to take a step back from ToS at this time until things improve, so I’m gonna back out from this for now. However I’ll be lurking and following up as things go along! ^-^ Loving the story thus far.

Well…that killed 35% of my motivation to continue. Will you still stick around in the forums though? What about the huggening?

Yep I’ll be on the forums, and may even log into ToS from time to time. I want to see the game improve but I’m just bored with it right now, lol. I’m crossing my fingers they’ll bring more social interaction to the actual game, along with all the other balancing swordie issues since those are the classes I really like.

The huggening will never die. O.0

1 Like