Tree of Savior Forum

Cleric3 Sadhu3 Miko Taoist Best single target DPS for cleric?

Or other build for magic DPS cleric

please advise me, sir

bump for feedback on this build , im planning to make this one instead of sadhu pd2 :smirk:

but im pretty sure this is not a very effective build in terms of dps/supporting

i just want the concept of sadhu miko tao. hindu japanese then chinese blending

PD2 got higher DPS for both AOE and single target than miko/tao?

I have a Cleric 2 - Dievdirby - Sadhu 3 - Miko - Taoist and Cleric 2 - Krivis - Paladin 3 - Plague Doctor 2 here. I have no idea about them in PvP but in term of PvE, my PD is better at solo thanks to all the survivability and great DOT. However, my Taoist is far more superior when I team up with my buddy playing Falcon 3.

To compare them in team play (my team has SapFal, CCSage, a meta SadhuDoc), here is my experience.

1. Heal: Insanely good when Circling and Aiming are available, and this can be further enhanced by Transmit Prana.

2. Conviction - Smite vs Transmit Prana - Possession:

2a) Conviction - Smite: Hitbox is good enough to cover the Frost Pillar. Very short cooldown. Very good against Mutant and Devil races. Strike dmg so that it can be enhanced by Lethergy. With the upcoming card system renewal, knockdown effect is really promising. The downside is the lack of accuracy and block penetration for no STR/DEX build in my case but this can be neglected with 2h mace implement.

2b) Transmit Prana - Possession: Transmit Prana makes every DOT skill better by large margin. Full INT build sync well with Thaumaturge in party. Cheaper investment in enhance attribute (Possession vs Conviction + Smite). Reasonable cooldown. Psychokinesis is good against Dark element and Magic armor. The downside of Possession is that it is limited by number of targets.

1. Miko Taoist vs Plague Doctor 2: Gohei, Hayama and Talismans are quite picky with positioning so that Miko Taoist depends on the team much more than PD2. Black Death Steam, Pandemic and Incineration are bread and butter. However, I find Miko Taoist is much more spamable with short cooldown and many overheats.

In conclusion, as long as you can team up with a Falcon 3, Miko Taoist is better than Plague Doctor 2. I’m really looking forward to the implement of 2h mace for Paladin to test the sync between my PD and Falcon 3. I have spent a great deal of time on playing both builds so feel free to ask anything related.

2 Likes

skills distribution for miko and tao please :blush:

PD2 vs Miko Tao = PD2 wins(because Tao C1 doesn’t have that much damage atm).
Meanwhile, at Rank 9, Sadhu3PD3 vs Sadhu3MikoTao2, Tao 2 wins by a large margin, because his CD times are lower and he has more skills to deal damage(also, Creeping Death Charm being the singlemost powerful skill there is in all the ranks of TOS up till now).

You just have to decide wether you want to be stronger now or at Rank 9 xD

1 Like

For Miko:

1. Gohei - 1/5 or 5/5; I find myself using this skill only when other skills are on cooldown (solo) and when Frost Pillar + Circling + Aiming available. Personally I max this one.

2. Sweeping - 1/5 or 4/5 or 5/5: Just activate it and leave it there, no need to channel it and walk around. This skill benefits my teammates a lot so I max it as well.

3. Hayama - 3/5 or 5/5: Solo or team play, this skill is good DOT no matter what. When soloing, I go with Fade > Statue > Hayama > Possession. I max this one.

4. Clap - 0/5: Without Dievdirby 2 or 3, Clap has no use so I leave it alone.

5. Kagura Dance - 0/5 or 5/5: This skill benefits your team’s Swordies, Paladin, Monk and Inquisitor. However it’s hard to use because the channeling will be interrupted whenever you receive dmg. Without immunity effect, it’s really hard to use.

For Taoist:

1. Dark Sight - 1/5 or 2/5: Good skill to use in ET. Mine is at lv 1.

2. Storm Calling, Creeping Death Charm, Begone Monster - Max: Taoist’s signature.

3. Tri-disaster Charm - 2/5 or 3/5: With Laima statue and Pass, I often stack like dozen of charms out already, then Dark Sight - Storm Calling - Creeping Death Charm x3 and Begone Demon for client crash :rofl:. Joking aside, the 3rd hit of Tri-disaster Charm is lightning element so that hit is enhanced by Storm Calling.

Enjoy.

Yeah, enjoy yourself at Rank 9 when you need to reset because you’re short on skillpoints.
Taoist without any Krivis in his build should look like this:

Creeping Death Charm 5, Tri-disaster Charm 1, Dark Sight 1, Begone Demon 1.
Storm Calling 1 is optional;
better leave it at 1, even if Circle 2 will give it a damage improvement and Healing boost attribute, because Circle 2 will feature at least 3 new skills : Entrenchment,Hurling (2 damage skills) and Hidden Potential, which will probably use up all of your 15 skillpoints you gain at C2, leaving you without any points to upgrade your Creeping Death Charm if you spend all your points now.

If you’re willing to spend money or your adventure journal skill reset potions just because you wanted to spend all skillpoints now, feel free to ignore this warning and spend all your points right now.

what does it mean by “installation” ? are the diev statues the only installations that can be boosted by clap ?
how bout frost pillar , pole of agony , fire wall , ice wall , frost cloud , pillar etc

Thank you for your warning but I’m fully aware of it. At Taoist C2, Entrenchment and Hurling are damage skills with crowd control and Hidden Potential to boost everyone’s power. Even so, I’d add 1 point in Entrenchment and Hurling and further point investment in these 2 skills will be determined later based on the damage output. Hidden Potential and Creeping Death Charm are maxed for sure so that I will have 3 points remained for Storm Calling, Entrenchment and Hurling.

After all, one build is good when it fits well to your play style and whoever you are playing with. In my case, I play TOS with 6 buddies in real life and we’ve been together for so long that I’d rather sacrifice some of my damage skills to buff my teammates.

And it’s nothing like 100% that at rank 9 I’d pick Taoist 2 :joy: Let these future matters be decided when rank 9 system is introduced. Finally, I think we would get reset anyway from the implement of rank 9 due to the shift of meta build.

The warning was issued at chuubert and kuroisha since they asked for builds, as they might or might not want to have a negative experience if they have to reset at Rank 9.

It’s also not set in stone yet that there will be any other reset at that time except for the skill resets from the adventurers journal, so I wanted them to be aware of the possible consequences of using all skillpoints now(as I don’t know if they are using their resets on other chars or if the Taoist is just a subchar after all).

Btw. if judge based on the vague skill description of Hurling, if its AoE capabilities are depending on the skilllevel, you might want to max that one at least for the highest possible effect. But for now let’s keep a low profile,waiting for the official info to be released/datamined.

Right now, miko/taoist’s dps is lower than pd2 for single target?

Anyone can tell me if Kagura + Storm Calling with Additional Damage let your Melee friends really do that “50%+50%” extra damage? Seems huge on paper

This depends on the setup. In general, the benefit of PD2 is that he has more time on his hands because BDS and Incineration are DoT-skills, meaning cast and forget.
Meanwhile, you have so many skills you can/could utilize on Tao/Miko for dealing damage, making it hard to cast all of them during a simple rotation (especially the Taoist charms that require setup and explosion via Begone Demon afterwards).

That allows PD to have more damage with his few skills from the other circles.
PD also has the benefit that he doesn’t have to look after his HP so much because of Healing Factor, allowing more focus on dealing damage and less on evading.

If we calculate for Miko, you have 2664% per ~10 seconds with Gohei and 5018% per 35 seconds with Hamaya.
266%+143% = 409%/s

Level 10 Incineration clocks in with 3952% every 16 seconds (without Agny necklace; with agny it’s 5252%); it’s actually more if cast on top of Black Death Steam, but I don’t know the exact value of the multiplier (might be 1,5 or 2), so I’ll leave this out right now.
Black Death Steam is a little tricky, it’s 8520% every ~50 seconds.
247%(xZ)+170%= 417%/s

Taoist has 7380% every ~33 seconds with Creeping Death Charm + additional 1872% for Tri-disaster charm every ~33 seconds, 624% for Dark Sight every ~38 seconds and 772-942% via Storm Calling every ~25 seconds.

226%+56%+16%+33% = 331%/s

So on paper, it’s 740%/s of Tao/Miko vs. PD2s 417%-497%/s(-470%/s - ~700%/s; these are rough estimates given that I don’t know the exact multiplier of BDS on Incineration). Lets estimate ~ roughly 500%/s for PD2 and ~650%/s for Tao/Miko.

This means inherently Tao/Miko is stronger, has to spend a lot more time to deal the damage,though.
That’s the disadvantage, especially if you’re also Cleric C3 and Sadhu C3, as especially the Sadhu skills disable you for quite some time (Possession channels for 6,5 seconds every 20 seconds, OOB>Astral Body Explosion also results in quite some time lag of around 3-5 seconds where you can’t do anything else every ~30 seconds), resulting in DPS-loss for Tao/Miko in the process. Let’s say they are thus ± equal regarding this matter.

1 Like

thx u so much :grinning:

soon krivis will be not so bad again :slight_smile:

Afaik, Miko’s Clap only affects Dievdirby’s statues. It cannot boost the duration of other skills that you mentioned and Sapper’s traps as I tested.

Yes those 2 skills do. Be aware that Kagura is true channeling so that you need invulnerability.

FYI, Incineration multiplier is 1.3 when casting on top of BDS. As a bonus, Paladin’s Conviction on stunned has multiplier of 1.2 (tested with stun from Falcon’s Pheasant and Stun Attribute from Cleric using Blunt weapons to do basic attack).

Enjoy.

1 Like

Support C2>Diev1>Sadhu3>Miko>Tao builds :3

@ReportofAusterity Stormcalling imo it is a good skill to place 5 points in as it has a huge aoe, not bad for a skill with a 942% damage on a 24secs cooldown.

Don’t forget that you need points at Rank 9 for Entrenchment, Hurling, Hidden Potential and Creeping Death Charm(as you only get 15 points per Circle). All of those skills will obviously result in better damage than Storm Calling.

I’m always on the cautious side as I rather not advise people to spend too many points that might result in the need of a reset at the next Rank update since I don’t know their situation.

Sadhu doesn’t require Storm Calling, only Krivis does,that’s why it might be better to leave Storm Calling at 1 for now and reassess the situation once Rank 9 hits us(or at least until we have enough information about the new skills).

They can get a free reset potion from the adventure journal update anyway so it’s not like it’s going to be the end of the world if it comes down to that.