Tree of Savior Forum

Cleric (solo PvE/Support) build suggestions for new players

I’m a little nervous posting here, both since it’s my first time posting and also since I’m sure this question has been asked in a variety of ways. There’s a lot of information though, so I thought I’d ask directly.

I just started playing this game and while I’ve played a few MMOs in the past, everything is fairly new to me. I’ve always been more of a casual player - a lot more now because hey, life happens - so I don’t play more than a few times a week, if I can.

I love Cleric classes and while I would like to provide as much support to a party as I can (because I mean forming parties and playing together is the fun part, right?) I’m also looking for a builds that I can maintain while solo PvEing, if I need to.

I’ve looked at a few builds others have done but I am not really experienced at building really at all - normally I just coast through the game without a thought. This looked like a decent beginner build to me, at least until I get the hang of things: PvE - Wurstbär’s Chaplain Support

But I’d like some opinions and ideas from both experienced players and those starting out. What were your experiences? What is the best full-support build, if you want to go that route - and can you still solo with it if need be? I’d rather go full-support than semi-DPS just because that’s my style but I understand if it’s not really do-able. Any advice would be appreciated; thanks so much in advance!

The most relaxed full support build would probably be something like this:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4122213f.1a2a345561.213f4551689aa5.152535.153545

Basically, you can auto attack and survive forever when you’re soloing and it only really gets tedius by yourself when you get passed 220 because of monsters getting 200k + hp pools for no apparent reason.

It comes with cleric2 which is a staple for support for clerics, priest3 which brings a variety of buffs for defense and offence, krivis1 to bring more buffs/debuffs and daino which increases your party’s maximum buff count and kabbalist for a bit more protection and to mana battery your friends and self if needed. With this you would mostly go spr and con. Basically 80-100 con and the rest of the points can be dumped into spirit.

Pros are listed up there and the cons are basically, you dont do enough damage to solo passed 220 but thats when the group party grinding starts anyway so you dont really need to solo passed 220.

An alternative rank 7 could be plague doctor with something like this:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4122213e.1a2a345561.213f4551689aa5.152535.152532415161

This opens up more options for you for rank 8 but at the same time, most of those options require int investment instead of spirit investment. The pros would be you get a bit more damage abilities but you lose the mana battery support. You also gain a pretty long uptime of debuff imunity with plague doctor.

There are many ways to build a cleric though and generally as long as you have cleric2 you cant go wrong with the rest of the build.

1 Like

It’s one of the few builds I played, chaplain is actually great because you can afford the buy Daino scrolls with your solo farming capability.

Sorry if I didn’t give much advice, I stopped playing clerics for a while.

A lot of people don’t pick Chaplain because they don’t want to buy daino mainly, zalc is only a bonus

I love partying with chaplains, they make most dungeon runs easier, specially the long ones like 130-145.

Thank you so much for the feedback! I was a little nervous starting out but this looks like a build that could work for me! I did start building up both CON and SPR, since I planned on doing full-support initially. I feel much better with some additional opinions, thanks again!

As a user of 3 main Cleric accounts:

Cleric - Priest 3 - Chaplain - Cleric - Plaque Doctor

¤ Build is a great for PVE-Solo since Priest/Cleric/Plaque Doctor offers you a nice skill set for support. This build mainly relies on Auto Attack wherein your Chaplain in the build plays a major role for this. CURRENT downside for this build is that it lacks debuffs that doesn’t synergize the much with the Plaque Doctors skill called Inceneration. But on the bright side of things, Plaque Doctor 2 which will be release on the future, will fix that by having Plaque Vapor(skill) as an ailment/debuff which can be spread using Pandemic. In KToS, Priest Excorcise is now fixed in a manner that it won’t instantly disappear upon triggered by the enemy, making more time to apply and use Magnus Exorcismus.

Cleric - Priest 3 - Chaplain - Druid 2

¤ Gameplay is nearly the same on the one above exchanging the type of support it offers and adding a bit of damage to the build. You’ll be still relying on Auto Attack for most of the time until you get Druid. Druid 2 offers you decent damage from Carnivory and great support from the skill called Sterea Trofh(makes your grass act like protected zone but better, nothing can harm you and there is no hit limits). What’s good is that you can use both skills at the same time as long as you have Chortasmata active. Downside of this is the Carnivory, which is applied to Chortasmata(a grass lol), will not hit Flying Enemies. I advise that you won’t follow this build until the Rank 8 is release since there is little to no info about the Druid 3 and how it synergizes with other classes. This is just an insight in case you have your own build in your mind and want to get feedbacks from other people.

Cleric - Krivis 2 - Cleric 2 - Krivis 3 - Druid 2 - Taoist

This is a hot trend and topic in TOS currently lol. I’ll just explain it shortly, You will use the Krivis for Zaibas(a lightning install type attack) and Druid 2 for transformation(specific enemy gives specific buffs) and additional attack and the Taoist is for the Storm Calling skill which greatly buffs lightning damage. I am the type of person not to go in a trend and would prefer to experiment my own build but there’s no way I can ignore it upon seeing the damage of this build. (currently Druid 1 on this build).

Ideally, try to read up on my beginners guide to clerics and/or my previous response on the state of full support clerics in this game.

To summarize:

Full support in this game is possible but comes with severe downsides compared to the hybrid/damage oriented builds.

Especially at rank 8 when mob health skyrockets up to 250k a pop it becomes almost impossible for support oriented builds to even handle quests solo.

There are a few ways to grab damage even on support builds, but that highly depends on what you want your build to be.

Chaplain is encouraged to pick up at least a rank of plague doctor to help out damage wise. 2 ranks being ideal.

I’d encourage a hybrid build over a support focus tbh.

I did actually read up on your guide before posting here, but thank you for the reference to your other response!

That’s a shame to hear since I do like going full-support. While possible, I can see where you’re coming from - I may change up my build to follow more of a hybrid path because of this, especially since I don’t have a group I regularly play with at this time.

I’ll read up some more and play around with the builds a little, and see what suits me best. I can always try out other builds, too.

I’ve also read mixed replies on SPR vs INT. Is it not worthwhile to invest in SPR, or should I be dumping my points into that if I’d like to focus on support?

First off spr only really worked well with priest, chaplain & krivis prior to rank 8 due to blessing, zalciai & stone skin.

• Sadly krivis’s zalciai can no longer give enemies negative crit res by r8 and so loses a huge chunk of it’s potential. Enemies also only have 75-150 ish crit res so it’s hard to take advantage of by then.

• Stone skin still holds up quite well for PvE, but due to several changes it no longer performs as well for PVP. (0.5x spr scaling for PVP, str now gives block pen, lancers have a block rate debuff.)

• Blessing scales quite well with spr & int but its dmg is simply insufficient on its own by rank 8. (250k mobs vs 500 dmg per hit bonus…)

It might change if we get or discover more spr scaling skills (Miko is not released yet and we don’t know everything about r8 skills yet.).

But for now, pure spr is only something i’d recommend for those that have a party to rely on.
Though a PvE oriented 100 spr/50 con/rest int chaplain/pd2 can do quite well.

Aside of that spr is pretty much useless. It really needs more and better scaling options.

1 Like

Yeah, it takes a good deal of dedication to play a SPR based full support priest, especially those without Chap. That is not a fault of the class itself, but of the Cleric as a whole. Basically, you do compete with all those offensive support, dmg oriented, useless, whatever Clerics for the Heal spot in the party. Without a group of friends to rely on, prepare to sit out some sessions you originally wanted to grind.
Priests need something unique that makes them wanted in grindparties over other Clerics, actually. Chronolinker is also hard to lvl, but can get easy grinds cause only Chronolinker can do the job, not every Wizard.

Ah, I was afraid of that. Thank you for the information, since I wasn’t quite sure. Seems we’ll have to wait awhile longer to see if SPR will prove to be useful otherwise, huh?

I’ll keep that in mind. It is a shame that I don’t have a regular, fixed party but perhaps that will change in the future. I’ll see what I can offer while playing as much support as I can.

Thanks so much again you guys for your input! I really am fairly new to all this, so the information is much appreciated. I know ultimately it will be up to me to figure out what kind of builds I’m comfortable with, but I find a better time of it getting feedback from others and building on it. If I find anything out during my play that I find to be particularly interesting or that I have questions on, I’ll definitely come back to the forums for further discussion. You all have been a wonderful help!!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like