Tree of Savior Forum

[Class Thread] Monk class thread. CONSOLIDATED MONK INFORMATION

I was really hoping they weren’t going through with this, because this might very well ruin us. I already had sp issues and double punch was free. Was Red Ox too good? Absolutely, but I’m pretty sure they over corrected. I am full Dex(747 with monstrance) and i have pretty good ping. With my attack speed I suspect that I will completely demolish my sp bar. Hopefully potions and squire food is enough to kinda keep up. I will report my findings tomorrow after I’ve done some testing. Hand Knife and Palm Strike are kinda crap already, so I don’t know how much worse they can get. Mine are only at lvl 1 so someone else might wanna test that.

Haha crap it may be, I feel than most of the damage from palm strike and hand knife comes from the SPR and defence scaling aka still one-pointers. Just want to see how much worse it could get.

I saw a video somewhere on YouTube about a ktos player who spammed double punch with the SP changes and was able to upkeep full DEX double punch … using NPC, alchemist AND TP potion.

which stat should i invest Str or Dex for PvP?

As long as you have a good 2h mace, you won’t need to spam Double Punch as you do now.

Just watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cy73aBzhJI

1 Like

Can you share your full build SKill, Stats and Gear, plz??

I like how he also has 3 SP potion types on his skill bar.

I’m actually pretty curious what cards are good now considering glass mole shouldn’t be as useful

@.@ so do I have to stock up on sp potions now?

oh and would this change which skills I focus on I wonder, since DP now costs SP

That’s not me playing. I just happened to find that video because I was worried about SP comsuption as everyone else.

@4lkruzeth well, if you want to deal serious damage, buff yourself and you party, heal/ress, you need to use lots of SP. Before this patch I had to spam lv15 SP Potions against WB. Nothing new for me to be honest.

@flarengen I can’t recall the cards names but the one that deal more damage to enemies bleeding, when you’re equipped with strike weapon, gazing golem and ellaganos.

1 Like

Before this SP change I’m already using a decent amount of SP, I can only test if having Lvl 15 SP potions and NPC potions will be enough once free stat reset comes in and I go full DEX to see if I can upkeep double punch to a certain extent.

I’m doing my testing now and it doesn’t look good. My 4178 sp evaporated in 21 seconds. Which means I’m consuming 198.95 sp/sec at 2.61 Double Punches per sec. I’m about to do another test with squire buffs and rotating sp potions. It really doesnt matter how much sp you have, the real problem is sp regen and 200 sp/sec is alot.

I did a solo test run of 290 and was able to keep myself fairly topped off with just alchemist and store potions. This was a pleasant surprise. There was enough down time between mobbing and running from room to room that i had no mana issues. Both of the Squire’s SP foods and lvl 11 Arcane Energy Scrolls helped out a lot. Here’s some of my regen math:

natural regen with sp food 372 sp every 10 seconds or 37.2 sp/sec
alchemist potion cd 30 sec 2136 total - 71.2 sp/sec
store potion cd 45 sec 1712 total - 38 sp/sec
lvl2 keista potion cd 100 sec 4472 total - 44.72 sp/sec

and here’s my double punch test results:

Test 1 - no buffs, double punch until dry
4178 sp
double punch lvl 16 - 76sp
21 secs to run completely out of sp
198.95 sp/sec
2.61 dp/sec

Test 2 - Squire sp buffs and Arcane Energy, double punch until dry
6520 sp
double punch lvl 16 - 76sp
40 seconds to run completely out of sp
163 sp/sec
2.14 dp/sec

1 Like

Here’s my solo run: https://youtu.be/TT7J8zsseFA

2 Likes

That guy with two-handed blunt has Transcendence 10, and it is solmiki. pretty sure it was double punch lvl 15 as both shown on his other videos. It is insane to kill monsters that fast… GG Monk

Been testing skill changes for now, may be wrong but:

• With 150 DEX, I can upkeep Double Punch to some extent with alchemist and NPC SP potion, but I have to say my rocksodon giving me more max SP (4,000 SP) played a bigger part than I thought, will test when stat reset comes and I can finally go full DEX.
  • Palm Strike and Hand Knife got a bit weaker, figures.
  • Can confirm to some extent but, Gazing Golem Pain Barrier made my auto-attacks noticeably faster for some reason, and maybe because of a placebo effect, I notice my double punch also got a little bit faster.

Any thoughts on the changed skills?

Having played with double punch now costing sp for a day, i am less annoyed with this change. I recommend Monks make their own Squire 3 so you can make your own food buffs or make friends with a Squire. Arcane Energy Scrolls will help a lot too. My only complaint now besides wanting to setup the squire every time I go out, is that I have to carry 3 different kinds of heavy potions. Keista potions don’t get used as often, which is good since they are a pain to farm. Alchemist potions are the best in terms of regen and cooldown so you will go through a lot of them.

I haven’t noticed Palm Strike and Hand Knife getting weaker but they could very well have and i just didn’t notice.

Pain Barrier is great. I can’t recommend it enough. Haven’t noticed any aspd increases though.

Iron Skin is still hot garbage.

Scrolls can’t be used in TBL n ress is very important in tbl, so p1 is needed 4 my monk’s build.

Maybe its because I am only on 150 DEX that I notice the aspd increase. Once I reset to full DEX the aspd will probably become unnoticeable.

EDIT: a bit of testing on Gazing Golem card and chaplain and I have to correct that, the aspd increase from Gazing Golem Pain Barrier comes from pain barrier removing the “stutter” you normally feel when auto-attacking, especially when auto-attacking with a lot of damage line resulting in auto-attacks feeling slower. Double Punch doesn’t have that “stutter” so there is probably no aspd increase for Double Punch (not sure if that makes sense haha).:sweat_smile:

that makes sense.

same here. I like the SP cost of double punch actually… quite nice

im planning to make inqui w/ monk using 2h mace, what would be the best path and stats for PVE?

c2p2m3inq1 is the popular build. Id say full STR is your best bet. If you are geared to the teeth or have really good ping you can go full dex.