Tree of Savior Forum

Class/Rank resets (that people can agree on)

To add, I would remove any measure of reducing class levels or base levels as penalty.

Main reason is used exp cards from quests. Removing exp gained from those can be taxing. Also the possibility of getting stuck in a grind wall.

Partial reason is due to the vagueness of it. What if you had rank 6 R7 but you changed one of your earlier circles, would you be leveling two class levels then? Or one at a time? Or whatever.

Hmm but then a big reason why’d this work would be removed, since then people could choose easy PvE class and then switch to what they really want, like class that is hard to solo/PvE with.

I get your reasoning but you’d have to have something to make it not abuseable like that and the only way to do that, as I see it, would be that you have to redo the rank you changed.

I imagine that, for example, if you were Wizard > Pyro C2 > Linker C2, meaning you’d be leveling your Linker currently. The moment you change your Pyro C2 to say Cryo C1, the C2 Linker you were currently leveling will maybe disappear, leaving you with Pyro C1 > Cryo C1 > Linker C1 (finished Linker C1 that is and you’d start leveling the Cryo instead)? Or maybe the potion would only work if you were class level 0/15 in your current rank?
That doesn’t sound optimal but it isn’t abuseable at least.

I’m kinda tired so maybe I misunderstood you completely.

@thesstuss I see you changed that part so it doesn’t rly matter now but I actually think I wasn’t that clear about those circle resets you mentioned. My problem was that that part was an actual circle reset… X)

I mean while it seemed you let those who have only 1 circle in a class lose only that circle(rank)…so you were generous with them imo… you actually were quite harsh with those who maybe had 3 circles with a class because you made them lose all of that what was much more work…X)

If we would want to punish ppl and set that you lose fix 2 ranks and you have to work that back…that one affects everyone because circles are ranks too. (and that’s why it matters how we call it I just forgot to clear the rest part)

I don’t imagine it like this and I actually don’t agree with this.

I think class(rank) resets should only reset your last rank you have or fixly more but counted from the highest if we want some punishment.

With how I would do it… losing 2 ranks rather than 1 would be a punishment.

This is actually a valid problem that has to be solved. But no… I still wouldn’t allow of reseting lower classes unless you would do that much resets from the highest to the lower you want that you would lose the higher ranks too… but also that isn’t necessarily a good idea.

Which is why the 1 month cooldown should prevent it from being abused. Everyone’s main concern is that people can switch from a support build to another. Well, maybe let them, but they’ll have to wait for complete 6 months to completely change their character’s build and pay for 6 reset potions first. I would commend anyone to have the patience to wait that long to be able to change their build, yet you see in 6 months time you can easily cap one or two characters into that ideal build you waited to change into already.

Also let’s not forget stat reset potions won’t be sold in the future, making changing from support to DPS builds impossible already.

It’s punishment enough to have to pay TP to buy one, but resetting class levels is an iffy matter that depends solely on the current progression of a character. I think it’s safer just to retain any class levels upon changing. It also doesn’t complicate things for the developer as well.

I don’t personally have anything against it being like that but I can imagine that people who aren’t fans of class resets might dislike it if the reset doesn’t mean some form of effort you know? I’ll let this sink in a litte more before I edit!

Ahhh, it won’t??

Wouldn’t a Character Reset feature make more sense than this though?

-simply back to Rank 1, Level 1/1
-keep items/equip/silver/achievements/finished quests/worldmap/exploration

but at the same time make it a lot faster to reach whatever rank you were before reset.

Not sure about how specifically though. Just giving you all the EXP-cards for any finished quest back sounds OP.
While giving you a 400% EXP boost until your reach your old Rank/Level doesn’t sound optimal either… any ideas?

3 Likes

This would be a lot simpler really, however it would still be pretty tedious despite a EXP boost since that could mean a massive grind (or at least 'til you reach your first dungeon). But then again we don’t want it to be too easy either so this could work really well!

I don’t know but personally I would like that too. I think a little exp boost(that also compensates for the lack of quests) would be nice just the exact amount of it is questionable.

Rolling back character and class levels, and even circle levels (despite the fact that the item should only reset one circle at the time…) are risky and can mess up a character’s natural progression through the game. While this is not as much as a big issue at 210+, it is for around 171~210, or 140 below. This is because there are no known established grinding areas at those level ranges, unless people create one. But having to grind through difficult monsters for a whole 15 class levels alone because it’s not your natural level range where people party up to grind is very difficult and it may make further progress impossible.

And I’m going to go ahead and talk about development. By slapping multiple, unneeded restrictions aside from the simple cooldowns, it creates more work for developers that would think of implementing it. In other words, it’s not very realistic and just complicating things for developers further.

I see these kind of resets that rollback character/class levels would fit more should it be FREE and not require TP. But if it costs TP on top of level rollbacks, it looks more like a punishment than a reward. And if you want that to sell, you would prefer it to look more like a reward. Otherwise people will just completely avoid buying it, and we’ll be back to square one.

Let’s not forget that TP is real life money here. And if anything, circle resets of any form would be likely expensive.

you forgot that class levels are not tied to base character levels in any way. There is no point in rolling base levels back during class circle roll back. That also means that you’ll be able to regain class levels faster due to higher exp from higher level monsters.

People are suggesting to couple this where you can only reset latest rank, rolling back your character level and/or class level, btw. This is what I’m trying to address. And if you can only rollback your latest rank (which is extremely restrictive and just destroys the point of a circle reset, mind you) you will still be fighting monsters at your level, and without any quests to hasten the pace.

People also want to couple that with C3~C1 reset. I don’t even know why Ayalon argued about this one, if it resets, let’s say, C3 Cryomancer for example, to C1 Cryomancer, then you have to earn back class levels, you’ll have the benefit to repick two more circles from that 2 circles you lost. I mean, that’s how it would logically work at least.

Here’s my 2 cents on the matter regarding complicated and simply taxing punishments more than a regular cooldown and a high TP cost would give - it is pointless. It does nothing but drive away people from using them, even people who want to experiment classes.

Why are people so concerned about wanting people to grind levels back? Rolling back any levels complicates the balance and integrity of character progression so badly and it complicates things for the developers. Key word here is: complicate. When things can be done more simpler while giving players necessary time-gated restrictions to use them again, what would be the point of those kind of features? It misses the whole point.

Also as I say again, paying TP is punishment enough. Let’s not rollback base levels & class levels or give ridiculous restrictions or effects like being able to only reset the latest circle or resetting multiple circles at once.

I really do agree with you. But the absolute biggest argument against a class reset is the abuseability and the cookie cutter build things. If we are to make it so that a reset is popular, or at least not hated, by the people against it we need to try and figure out how to counter that somehow.

I definitely don’t think we should only be able to reset the latest circle, as you said, it makes the whole idea useless.

And I really don’t like the idea of a class reset inducing some kind of hard quest you have to do to gain the effects, that is not something the developers would implement because it is only to please certain people against it and would not be worth to develop simply.

I support class reset!
\O/

I support this idea :heart_eyes::kissing_heart:

I suport this idea to, and i got a pretty meta game build lv247 ~ Cleric 2 Priest 3 Chaplain 1 Plague D.
And you know? I wanna change do kabbalist. So now im doing other char :frowning:

I think we would change the last class we get.
Like “I didn’t like this c2” or “I didn’t like this new class in my build” and we have a option to reset this.

1 Like

Maybe 3 ranks max, then u can reset “pyro 1-2-3” to “cryo 1-2-3”, something need to be done, and is not that hard to do xD

Well, you made a good point with the idea and those restrictions to prevent abuses. I agree with your idea, having to reroll entirely just because of nerfs or wrong choices(Caused by a lot of factors) is bullshit x.x

I also support this idea. This would make it very good for people who don’t have the time to put in making a new character. If I was still in high school maybe I can put more time in making a new character. But I’m sure a lot of players now are players with jobs. So we don’t mind paying the money for a class reset. Its much better than us spending time on grinding to level 280 again…

I said it in another thread but I will say it again, I really really like this idea. It should satisfy everyone. The % exp values could be tweeked given proper testing but this feels like the most optimal way for this game to have reset button on classes.

I dislike the idea of class resets as I felt like it undermined one of the primary selling points of this game. With this the player has to make a pretty big investment in order to correct whatever went awry with their character. Having to relevel class levels would only result in the player killing a couple high level mobs and getting most of it back. This way the period of time required to get back to your previous level/rank isn’t nearly as long but you can’t cheese your class levels back up using higher level mobs.

One thing to make note of is class costumes would likely need to be stripped upon character reset. Even if they were alright with players having class costumes without having the required class it may cause animation problems, not sure.