Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Official Sadhu Thread

Considering its an auto attack skill imo i think it’s more of use it when all your skills are on cooldown. cooldowns,oob (wait for cooldowns),explode,cooldowns,oob (repeat).

But isn’t the plan to stay in OoB for as long as possible. So, whats the use of Zaibas and other ground-target skills when you are using your OoB at that time? I am trying to avoid any of those skills and actually finally made it to cleric 3. I plan to max Fade and Safety Zone. This should allow me to stay in OoB pretty long.

Even though OoB might be pretty weak right now, how about Astral Body Explosion? The damage number (Attack: 250% + 300 at level 1, Attack: 250% + 1280 on level 15) seem pretty amazing. It has a cooldown of 30 seconds …it seems pretty good to me.

Wouldnt it be worth it to use Astral Body Explosion as soon as its available and then go into OoB again?

There must be a way to play the class effectively to some point.

I like OOB uses no mana, Zaibas + Oob and explosion is insane boss killer

I’d like to see a video. There really are only very few videos of sadhu in its current state :frowning:

Unfortunately :C
I like the class its fun i’ve never been too fussed on dmg on most games.

Not right now, OOB is just too weak.

You think it will get buffed?

they have not choice if they want Sadhua viable.

But is it really that bad? Couldn’t it just be that sadhu was incredibly strong before. I mean, I will probably hit sadhu soon and I want to enjoy it, but right now it looks like this:

A class that can instantly, without spending any SP, steps out of its body to damage enemies while being completely immune with this spirit. Only hitting the body can cancel the astral projection.

It just seems pretty imbalanced on paper already. Then you have astral body explosion and u can even move to your spirit in an instant. Then there is the incredible move speed the spirit has.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not sayin sadhu is perfect the way it is now, but I don’t see it as a bad class at all.

I think adding attributes to out of body at C2 and C3 would help a lot.

And that doesn’t sound weak at all. The thing I fear most for sadhu right now is bad controls…
Maybe sadhu actually is fine right now… I don’t really want to see any videos on how it used to be, but some recent videos of the current sadhu… It sounds pretty good actually.

I agree with you, i never played it before so to me it seems op xD

1 Like

And maybe that’s the main problem. People are just used to the OP version of sadhu. I can’t really say much about this as I didn’t reach sadhu yet… But it just does not seem to be weak at all…

I will comment on this again once I actually reached sadhu :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s quite irresponsible to comment on a class without trying it. I bet you’ll see why we are all criticizing imc for over nerfing it after you try.

3 Likes

As I said, I just comment on the way IMC presents the class to players. Check the skills, just from looking at em it SEEMS to be a pretty strong class. I think my comment is completely fine when I wrote that. But you might be right, maybe I will be disappointed once I reach sadhu. I will make sure to report back

oob is supposed to be used all the time, thats what was intended by imc. oob is what sadu is known for, and now its terrible

3 Likes

Been using sadhu for a fair bit now and although i understand oob is very…very weak, to the point where it kind of needs it’s own shield, attack buff or a attack speed increase. I now think it’s almost ok.

It’s a free , no cd, ranged, stronger auto attack. If it were as strong as a spell each hit, it’d be pretty op. Also once your in a party with someone to take aggro. it’s pretty easy to keep it out. With the 30% physical defence down you’re increasing party dps and if you decide to max out the debuffing channeling spell. even more party dps.

only issue im having with sadhu right now is that i kill so slowly with it soloing. Also if i get a blessing from a priest with my full int build. my auto attacks are basically the same as my oob’s attack.
EDIT:
also, even though i get why, when you get out of OOB when using the body eplosion, i find it annoying

1 Like

What level are you and what build do you go? I am interested in sadhu and I want to know if it would be worth getting.

Where do you get the 30% physical defense down from? Is it an attribute of a skill, cuz I couldn’t find it in tosbase.

Eh…I really have trouble seeing why anyone would choose Sadhu over something like Monk, Krivis, or even a wizard class. OOB is a creative mechanic, for sure, but it seems to have a lot of drawbacks and unless it was changed to just do a lot more DPS than other options, I can’t see it being worth the investment. Also, historically in MMOs, classes that are built around having heavy drawbacks to their unique mechanics tend to be hell for devs to balance and constantly swing from being wildly OP to useless.

3 Likes

Even if the damage isn’t as good as it used to be, OoB is converting your auto attack from melee to ranged, and from physical to magical, and you can cast other spells while you attack with it.
That is a really useful skill for any casting class.

1 Like