Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Official Plague Doctor Thread

And yeah, it is pointless. There are raw DPS and utility classes, usually you don’t need more than one of latter (like you don’t need 2 Krivis for Diano etc.)
1 PD per team is great, 2 is a waste. Same for Wugushi.

I’m curious what server are you going to be playing? @Derael

this could be a whole separated thread on the community session :v

I wonder. I think I will simply pick the first with the name I like/with the lowest ping.

I admit I didn’t go through all 124 posts in this thread, but was this build ever brought up?

Cleric > Cleric > Priest > Priest > Chaplain > Priest > Plague Doctor

Granted, it’s not OMG WTF solo dps, but the support potential seems amazing and in a group you’d probably still have enough debuffs coming from party members to do well with Incinerate. Are the Krivis builds focused mostly on solo play?

It has been mentioned before, It’s better to rush chaplain with all 3priests and then cleric as c6, because priest has more skills that synergize with chaplain, whereas cleric isn’t as useful to chaplain. Plague docter I assume people mention it as an OP support. immune to cc is awsome.
so Cleric>Priest>Priest>Priest>Chaplain>Cleric>Plague Docter

It’s also better to mention that limitation of buffs becomes a problem, so its better to go krivis instead of cleric for c6.

And yes it is the solo dps build, but only when you hit chaplain. I only dont like it because its not so great in pvp, i think. (just from what I hear)
It’s low ranged combat class.

1 Like

It’s standard chaplain build (but usually Krivis included instead of Cleric C2). And Chaplain can be learned only after c3 priest.

Are the debuffs(and I guess Daino) from Krivis the only reason to take it? Is it a huge DPS loss to not have Zalciai and Aukuras? I’m trying to understand if the bulk of PD DPS comes from Incinerate or Chaplain.

Loving this topic

AAAND this build,
might even change my mind about becoming a full suport Chaplain.

Will watch the discussion. Accepting tips about how to be a good m̶o̶u̶r̶n̶e̶r̶ Plague Doctor.

I’m super stuck on
Cleric2>Krivis2>Bokor2>Plague Docter or

Cleric2>Bokor2>Krivis>Pardoner>Plague Docter

I dont plan on using zombies, unless you are and thats what makes Bokor3 viable.

Why that build if i may ask?

I don’t think you should look that way.

The Bokor have many debuffs. You should focus on them. Remember that, the more debuffs the enemy have, the more damage your skills will do (and it gets easier to spread with Epidemic). That’s what I think OP’s intention was in such builds.

I am just not…a fan of the idea of using Bokor on the way to Plague Doctor. I get that extending Incinerate duration is a big deal, but setting up every debuff from two classes before using the spell seems tedious in the long run and the 10 extra seconds you get from Discerning Evil in Pardoner is already significant and the ability to deal DPS from Chaplain buffs in the event that Incinerate is ineffective seems like a safer bet.

Just seems a little short-sighted to build around the best use of ONE spell in your arsenal, which may eventually be situational.

PD is mostly for status immunity here. Incinerate is secondary I think.

But if you REALLY want to maximize it’s damage you might consider getting c1 pardoner just for discern evil debuff and magic resistance buff. You might even consider getting C1 in every circle (cleric krivis priest bokor dievdirby pardoner) just for 100% incinerate uptime. You will also get bunch of useful buffs and debuffs, but lack heal, divine might and stone skin from priest C3/cleric C2. But you can get cleric c2 instead of bokor, because you will have enough debuffs to keep 100% incinerate anyway (but magic resistance decrease buff is very nice for full SPR priest). This way you will also increase incinerate damage slightly and get more heal. But such a build is quite unconventional and has quite a bit of downsides.

Here is a little overwiev on cleric classes:

Krivis C1 is all about Diano and Crit buff, aukuras and zaibas are insignificant on this level. For mage parties you migh consider C2 or C3 for powerful zaibas, divine stigma and melstis. Level 10 diano is good for ranks 8+.

Priest’s every rank is great and universal, but maybe not as great as other classes for certain builds. If you have spare class slots for higher priest ranks. The same applies for cleric C2. Chaplain is a bit different, it’s great for heavy autoattack parties (godlike chaplain QS combo) and 100% uptime on stone skin, but overall it’s mediocore.

Dievdirbies C1 is great for it’s CD reduction and SP cost decrease, C2 is great for PvP and solo play because of silence, and C3 looks super strong based on description but I’m not sure how good it actually is. Generally C1 is great for everyone(esp good with c3 chrono), C3 for unusual builds.

Don’t see any point in getting Bokor higher then C1 unless you plan using zombies. Most of c2 and c3 skills focus on zombies. C1 is great by itself solely for hexing which scales with SPR super good.

The same for pardoner. C1 is great for offensive uses, higher ranks useless for battle. And again, C1 scales greatly with SPR.

Paladin is better for Kabbalist I think.

Sadhu is useless.

Monk is like paladin and not even support class.

Oracle C1 is great, but 100% utility, no offense. Though C2 counter spell looks super good in PvP but cd is too long. Death sentence looks useless (maybe lvl 11 would be good, but cd hurts).

Druid is more of alternative to PD, C1 is not too good.

So there are lots of great builds for PD based mostly on Krivis and Priest, the best way to chose is basing on your party. For solo play Chaplain looks very good.

I’m glad you made these points, because I’ve been toying with a build of my own that uses both Chaplain and Pardoner C1. I’ve decided PD is definitely my OBT class and I’m going in guns blazing so feel free to look, criticize, pick apart and tell me why this build will or will not work:

Derael, most of your post has the opposite of what i’ve learned from the forums. Dievdirby is weak in pvp beacause its main dmg is a linear aoe, and krivis seems to be even( from what people say. It’s not really bad but not great because dmg falls off endgame but daino is useful), While bokor is worth it because its ranged, but weak dps, and chaplain is the inefficient one because no range.
(IN PVP)

Thats why Bokor3, mixed with Cleric2 for defense and heals.
The battle for pardoner c1 or krivis c1 for c6, is that one better krivis in the party makes you useless, so just go pardoner for the extra duration of incineration.

Dievdirby C2 is quite good in PvP because of silence, I’ve missed this in my post. And C3 has immunity.

Krivis divine stigma scales very good in late game because late game INT and STR are 4 times more effective. 78 INT STR is up to 312 damage for the whole party. But it’s hard to use in PvP. Melstis works super good with some buffs in both PvP and PvE.

I wonder what is a reason to pick bokor 3 if not going zombie build?
Hexing scales poorly, effigy affects only autoattacks(and chaplain provides more dps on autoattacks), Makangdal is harmful, because you risk being one shotted in the end.
And the rest abilities are zombie based.

Bokor main use is solo zombie train of death, it has almost no uses in party/PvP except hexing.
Getting 2 more ranks for a little additional damage is super wasteful. Even sadhu is better then zombieless bokor.

If you are going to play in party Krivis is very important. I personally think that getting 2 clerics in one party is a bad idea unless you have special pair combo. That’s why Krivis is almost essential for a party of 5. And you can freely grab pardoner as well if you drop rank 2 and 3 bokor.

Or maybe you can explain me why bokor c2/c3 is worth taking above anything else?

It’s because your not doing any damage with Dievdirby besides being support.Bokor C2/C3 is purely to help spread the damage of debuffs with pandemic, plus it has some ranged damage on the side.(heard this from a recent post in a topic i made too, so i cant really take credit for this information)

I also agree with you on the Krivis thing. But if i’m the only cleric, there’s no buffs to go around anyway.

I’m trying to build an offensinve/support PD with Cleric-Krivis-Krivis-Diev-Diev-Diev-PD, can it be useful in parties or should i get cleric c2 for heal?

It’ll work, but has far to little group healing. Should prob put at least 5-10 points into blessing for the hit count though.
You’ll understand when you see the generic “run away run away” behavior people have on low health and try to heal with mass heal.

Welcome to the cleric discussions, where most the info is based on hearsay, ideas and advice from people who never bothered tested the classes they tried in-game. (And it’s not all his fault even)

Anyway on topic about bokor:
Zombies are in a incredibly poor spot atm, they’re slow, far to fragile, require enemies to die first and don’t even seem accessible in pvp only content.

The current most difficult pve content is time based around killing 20+ tough enemies at once. Who deal a ■■■■ ton of dmg and on the first floors have a ton of block.

Where as bokors main usage is around:

• Effigy, a single target spammable long range magic dmg skill. Unique in it’s range, cd and reliability. But has low dmg and skill lvl scaling.
  • Mackangdal, a 11-20s invuln that either prevents or delays damage. (combo it with safety zone/invulns when it ends)
  • Samediveve, movement speed buff. Incredibly important in pvp.
  • Bwa Kayiman, one of the few potent str scaling skills you could build around. Sadly it’s tied to zombies being alive, so again of no use in dungeons/pvp atm. (but nice to lvl with.)

Meaning:

• Circle1 bokor is dmg only, and quite meager. The Curse debuff scales horribly btw with both skill levels and stats. (0.3 x spr…)
  • Circle2 offers a way to lvl str builds and tons of utility. Can’t go wrong for int or str/dex builds there. Esp if you want to pvp.
  • Circle3 is junk due to the current state of zombies.

I’'ll just correct the incorrect bits:

• PD’s Healing Factor is a incredibly potent single target heal. Perfect for tanks or soloing.
  • Incinerate may not stack with several pd’s. Haven’t yet been able to verify this. It’s circle1 dmg isn’t to amazing. (But later circles of pd it should be quite good)
  • Pardoner is really good, but even i need to stress that it loses it purpose with later Plague Doctor circles when the duration of incinerate increases.
  • Additional debuffs scale incinerate with 1 second each, hardly worth the cost of entire circles.
  • SPR builds are best as cleric2/chaplain only atm. reduce magic def has 50% downtime and is better suited on a entirely defensive spr build. (which may or may not be needed)
  • Krivis c1 is for spr builds only atm. Other builds get to little out of it.
  • Only chaplain/Priest2 are atm decent options. Chaplain is good dmg though.
  • Diev is good at every circle in both pvp and pve. It got buffed a few times now as well.
  • Bokor has been answered above. 0.3 scaling is not “super good”
  • Pardoner is junk dmg. Decent condition removal and utility. Depends on current state of simony/spell shop changes as well.
  • No.
  • No. Sadhu1 allows spells and auto attack usage at the sime time. Though it got nerfed pretty badly. Sadhu2 is better as offensive caster but doesn’t hit to many enemies at once. Both weak to interrupts.
  • Monk is a pure dmg oriented cleric class atm which is quite good for pvp. Unlike paladin which is a defensive oriented cleric class good for pve.
  • Oracle is niche. Mostly unimportant side benefits that don’t influence combat. Inferior condition removal and counter spell which is a entire topic of it’s own if it’s good or not.
  • Druid is good enough. Pure magic dmg is nice.
  • I’m not even sure what you’re getting at there.

Part2:

• Melstis does not work on buffs gotten from active tiles/circles btw. Just regular sticking on you buffs. Not to many buffs benefit from it though.
  • Stuff i already answered.
  • Hmm what to pick, cheap as dirt Daino scrolls or waste a entire circle. hmmm. Waste a circle it is! /sarcasm.
  • You’ll do most dungeon runs with randomized parties, you can still buy lvl 15 daino scrolls if you wanted. And freely grabbing pardoners comes at a cost. So it’s not free. Or wise.

It’d say this is wrong due to the recent buffs, but even prior to that said statement was rubbish. Ok carve was junk, and still isn’t amazing on it’s own. But carve owl has seen steady use even in non int builds due to it’s damage and range.

Again with the debuff focus on PD, i never understood the core concept of trying to maximize damage by opting for builds that lose out on more damage then you’ll gain. Might just be me though.

Get cleric2. Most parties won’t pick several clerics when they can and most dungeons are best run with random teams for the triple exp.

You need blessing at least lvl 3 to be useful(attribute).
Also if you are going chaplain you will need to buy lots of diano scrolls.
I don’t think you need lvl 10 revive, I would rather suggest investing points in mass heal to avoid deaths. Cleric c1 is not enough to heal a whole party. At least 1 point is worth it for sure.
As there are no accurate info on chaplain abilities scaling maxing aspersio and sacrament is a good idea, otherwise I would’ve rather invested more points in mass heal. Maxed mass heal is great together with chrono Pass (instant 60% to the whole party). Your build is still great for solo, but you need 3 points from revive into blessing/mass heal. Lvl 7 is already very good. Finally, for party play take pardoner only if your party has lots of debuffs, and take cleric 2 if they don’t. Discerning evil is not worth it for just incinerate, while divine might effectively grants you tons of skill points for the party. For Solo play divine might is lacking, so cleric C2 isn’t worth taking while incinerate damage is more significant.

Not sure about PD but I think it’s worth investing 1 point
into fumigate and beak mask to protect against rank 3 ailments. Beak mask is shareable through link as I know.
Overall for PvE parties I would suggest this build(Oracle instead of Cleric is also good):