Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Inquisitor's Thread

@greyhiem is right. Monkuisitor is good if you have 100 ping or less.

Sadly imc does not understand what a skill que is to balance that out…

Owls do not spread with wheel, but one Inc punch and palm strike do. And they also proc toy hammer. Double punching the wheel adds 2 toy hammer stack on all mobs hit.

However after toy hammer explosions nerf it is not as good as it was

1 Like

For this particular issue (and just this one alone), it’s a flaw that comes out of online games made in South Korea. They’re primarily designed to play within their country’s extremely powerful internet connection which basically gives them 2~5 ms delay. This “discrepancy” (ping reliance) only becomes apparent when it leaves SoKor (South Korea)

I’ve experienced this issue with my auto-attacks for Rising Force Online (back in 2005), for my Gladiator/Assassin’s combo in Aion (2009) for example. These have excellent examples of the “ping reliance” that [we] experience, but SoKor gamers simply don’t get. I often watch videos of SoKor players showcasing their PvP montage(s) and I couldn’t pull off the sheer intensity of their combos simply because my commands aren’t registering fast enough.

I don’t know if they [SoKor game companies] will ever consider making a game for an international market that considers the varying speeds available to their potential customers. Until then, we’ll always have this issue. It’s not that [IMC] doesn’t understand, as far as they’re concerned this is a non-issue in SoKor.

4 Likes

I have a Pala and Monk Inquisitors and the Pala outdamages it hard just through conviction. Honestly, Monk 2 and 3 don’t really offer much. The difference in double punch damage is minimal as opposed to just monk 1, one inch damage is minimal and EB is not that great either.

Don’t underestimate a Conviction God Smash in a decent group with serpentine.

1 Like

I’m also rerolling for a Pala > Inquisitor on Rank 5 and the DPS isn’t that bad.

If I’m with a party of support classes, Clerics included, I’m usually at rank 1 or 2 (Just behind the Bokor if any). I’d usually get rank 3 or 4 if I’m with a group of DPS classes. PvE is a breeze as compared to leveling a Diev3 though.

Monk vs Paladin is really just Combo-Chain vs Burst class. Paladin has harder time to level before rank 8 but paid off after maxing God Smash. While Monk has many skills to chain DPS and cycle it through cool down.

@greyhiem My own Monk is actually built by non-DP dependant. By means DP is only my skill when all my combos are on cool down (Zaibas, Cure, Energy Blast, Palm Strike, 1 inch). Even sometimes I can’t use DP to buff party then the cool downs are over, allowing me to cycle combo again… DP is probably just skill for Wheel after Inquisitor…

I still don’t know which skill preferred for my own character (Cleric 2 - Krivis - Paladin - Monk 2 - Kabbalist - Inqu, using STR-INT as main stats). Basically

• 0 Pear 5 Wheel 5 MM 1 God Smash OR
  • 5 pear 1 God Smash then decide 6 points to 3 Wheel+MM or 5 Wheel 1 MM.

I left points in case for C2 (can max God Smash if C2 sucks)… Pear seems like more for PvP I guess?? I don’t know if magic caster monsters become crazy in rank 8 area.

this a good video to see of why pear is a nice skill if not one of the best from inqui, because the level increase also increase the number of hits, i can say that right now the best skill to level would be pear because of the increase number of hits as well, of course this would come with a difficult aspect as well, that is the way that the skill works, so is a huge pain to use but the damage is worth in my view.

on a more personal opinion, i also believe that pearl is doing so much damage because he cast wheel in the same place as the boss, so when the pearl hit the boss it also hit the wheel doing double damage, but this is just a assumption from me.

Green gem no question asked :wink:

Ah yeah seems Pear is auto-max then. Although I’m not sure what happened there XD Kabbalist can also take Reflect 7 for the win…

1 Like

Did your Palaquisitor take monk 1?

yeah, for me pearl seems to be the best and only skill i can say to max 15 without doubt simple because of the hit increase.

Does pandemic work on malleus?

How long does malleus last and how many hits does the bonus damage last for? I was thinking of getting it for my zombokor in order to make them hit harder O_O

Spreading MM ailment thru pandemic?

It should work. Wonder if we have inquis-Pdoc to confirm it.

Al lv1, MM ailment last around 10 secs. It gains 3secs for every level. So around lv5, it should last around 25s

1 Like

O_O so at level 5, all damage taken by that d00d will take extra damage based on the d00ds matk? :open_mouth:

Yes, if the d00d has an matk of 1-1, you’ll get the bonus damage of 1 + the magic damage you’ll produce.

1 Like

Doh! Does it work on physical damage too or just magical?

Only magic attack work on MM ailment.

Malleus debuff boosts all types of damage not just magical. By breaking wheel and god smash do more damage to mobs under the debuff.

For support classes that go inquis(which is the current top pvp meta) I would recommend getting:

LOW DEX BUILDS
1 God Smash
4 Pear
5 Wheel
5 Malleus

OR

MID-HIGH DEX
4 God Smash
5 Pear
5 Wheel
1 Malleus

Yep, just tested it myself and it’s true. I must have overlook this one since I got occupied with the bonus damage to my magic.

In any case, here’s the evidence.

Already wasted a skill point on getting pears. Should have known this sooner.

Yes, it affects all types of damage and all additional lines of damage. I’ve posted a video previously to highlight about it too. Kind of makes Chaplain’s 5 lines of damage really enticing since a 1.5k damage increase is equiv to a total of 7.5k increase for 5 hits in 1 attack.